Unraid 6.12.2

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Are you asking for the sys log or something else?

Rig details 

Intel Core i7-12700K

ASUS ROG Strix Z690-G Gaming WiFi

CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB (2 x 32GB) RAM DDR5 5200

5 - Seagate IronWolf Pro 12TB

SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2TB (cache drive)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS m.2 250GB (VM drive)

MSI 2070 super (VM GPU)

Ive tried multiple times, when the WEBGUI stops responding I am able to SSH into my UNRAID server but when I enter the diagnostics command it never completes. It just sits there blinking. under the command. If I reboot the machine i am able to log into the WEBGUI and also SSH into the UNRAID server the diagnostics will complete.

with UNRAID 6.11.5 did not give me these issues

Since upgrading to 6.12.x I have had a problem where after a day or two, the gui becomes unresponsive.  Will not even time out, browser just keeps acting like it is trying to open the gui page.  I just moved to IPv4 only to see if this helps, but that doesn't seem like a solve.  Looking for any pointers you may have.

Edited by Merk

I encounter an issue similar to the post. The host (6.12.2) GUI became unresponsive but all my docker services (except binhex-qbittorrentvpn) and VM were still functioning normal. After SSH in and kill the qbittorrent container process, the host GUI became available again. There are some error events logged in the syslog.

Jul  9 01:58:04 Gandor kernel: CPU: 1 PID: 10534 Comm: qbittorrent-nox Tainted: P           O       6.1.36-Unraid #1
Jul  9 01:58:04 Gandor kernel: Call Trace:

I tried switching over to hotio's qbittorrent-vpn docker, but I also saw related error to "qbittorrent-nox segfault" when stop/restart the container. I am not sure if these are related or not.

Update: I switched over to hotio's qbittorrent-vpn "legacy" version, which uses libtorrent 1.2.x. So far has not see the segfault error message. I will keep this setup for the next 2 weeks or so and report back any findings. I think my issue is related to this.

gandor-diagnostics-20230709-1925.zip

Edited by jfoxwu
On 7/6/2023 at 8:19 AM, Merk said:

Since upgrading to 6.12.x I have had a problem where after a day or two, the gui becomes unresponsive.  Will not even time out, browser just keeps acting like it is trying to open the gui page.  I just moved to IPv4 only to see if this helps, but that doesn't seem like a solve.  Looking for any pointers you may have.

It has been a week since moving to IPv4 only and I still haven't experienced the problem with the gui.  So i believe this work-around solved the original problem.  Good thing I don't need IPv6 right now.

Edited by Merk
2 hours ago, Merk said:

It has been a week since moving to IPv4 only and I still haven't experienced the problem with the gui.  So i believe this work-around solved the original problem.  Good thing I don't need IPv6 right now.

I haven't had any issues either since switching to IPv4. It does suck not having IPv6 capabilities 

On 7/15/2023 at 9:32 AM, Merk said:

Just updated to Version 6.12.3 2023-07-14.  Changed back to IPv4 + IPv6.  If it makes it a week, I'll consider it solved.

It is now 6 days later, GUI back to being un-responsive.  I will need to switch IPv6 off again. 

• 2 weeks later...