[Plugin] FolderView

11 hours ago, Masterwishx said:

Like @scolcipitato said ,check https://github.com/hernandito/folder.view.custom ,

Thanks to @scolcipitato for made it possible and to @hernandito he made great docker-custom.css looks like the old Docker folder , also you can change it for your needs , i changed a little,  looks like this: 

Glad someone is using my examples... I was not sure if anyone knew of my customizations. I even managed to add some css browser width detection. If I am on my tablet, it gets more compressed than when on my desktop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just installed this. Thank you @scolcipitato for recreating it. A few things I've noticed missing vs. the legacy option:

1. ability to upload custom logo for icons

2. advanced graph/UI for detailed info on container usage stats etc.

3. ability to reorder the containers within a folder which also then affects the startup order of the apps upon a restart/array start (i.e. top containers are started first and top folders are started first)

4. my dashboard is not showing any folders. Any idea what is causing this? (i ended up just recreating the settings via web UI instead of importing anything from guilddarts fwiw)

image.thumb.png.56b47ff3ae560f703a7d8a1fcfe64603.png

image.thumb.png.745bb67a431e2a6b6a73a9bc3fa4f8e5.png

Edited by Linguafoeda
4 hours ago, Linguafoeda said:

1. ability to upload custom logo for icons

You can do it in 2 different way, you can use an image in your system and put the absolute path of that image as the link or use the base64 notation (links are provided in the help tooltip on the create/edit page).

2. advanced graph/UI for detailed info on container usage stats etc.

I was working on it before the Starfield release, I will continue the work soon.

3. ability to reorder the containers within a folder which also then affects the startup order of the apps upon a restart/array start (i.e. top containers are started first and top folders are started first)

This is a bit tricky, you can order them in the create/edit page simply by dragging and dropping them.

I talked about autostart here.

4. my dashboard is not showing any folders. Any idea what is causing this?

I need the debug log for that. (first post on how to get it)

4 hours ago, scolcipitato said:

This is a bit tricky, you can order them in the create/edit page simply by dragging and dropping them.

I talked about autostart here.

Hmmm...so you're saying the order we set under the folder options has no bearing on the start order? I always thought that the order in the Docker screen was still the start order, you just had to make sure you ordered the folders in a way that put dependency containers ahead of other containers. But still, if all folders are toggled "open" then the order you see there is the start order. Is that wrong?

Is the only way to affect start order is with all containers OUT of the folders? We must sort them for start order, then add them to folders? And we can't affect start order at all once they're in folders?

If that's the case, could you add a quick on/off button for folders? Turn them off, the default view is back, we can then affect start order, then turn the folder view back on and we get our visual sort, unaffected by start order.

Or maybe an alternate settings screen that just shows all the containers in their start order where we can rearrange them without all the other clutter? Similar to the list of containers inside the folder settings screen, but just for start order.

I may be oversimplifying, but I'm hoping this is a relatively simple thing to do.

Thanks!

Edited by Mattaton
1 minute ago, Mattaton said:

so you're saying the order we set under the folder options has no bearing on the start order?

Sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it does.

Like I said the autostart is handed by unraid, and this is the problem, when you create a folder you might have noticed that the folder shows up on the top, this means the folder is not in the order, and in some cases this means that the order of the container you see is different from what unraid actually knows, you can solve that by moving something (a container or a folder) in the docker/VM tab, this put the containers in their place, and align what unraid sees to what you see.

If this is not clear, feel free to ask, I know it's a bit confusing.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, scolcipitato said:

Sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it does.

Like I said the autostart is handed by unraid, and this is the problem, when you create a folder you might have noticed that the folder shows up on the top, this means the folder is not in the order, and in some cases this means that the order of the container you see is different from what unraid actually knows, you can solve that by moving something (a container or a folder) in the docker/VM tab, this put the containers in their place, and align what unraid sees to what you see.

If this is not clear, feel free to ask, I know it's a bit confusing.

Yeah, it is a little confusing. I think an example may be best to illustrate:
Three folders: A, B, and C.

Folder A holds containers: 1 2 3

B holds 4 5 6

C holds 7 8 9

If the order of the folders in the container list is C, A, B, do the containers start in this order: 7 8 9 1 2 3 4 5 6?

And, if I reorder the containers inside of B to 6 4 5, does that change the start order for those containers, or is it just visual and we eventually/potentially have no way to know the actual start order?

1 minute ago, Mattaton said:

If the order of the folders in the container list is C, A, B, do the containers start in this order: 7 8 9 1 2 3 4 5 6?

Only if you move a folder, that it does.

I'll make an example to clarify.

You have 10 containers, all on autostart, the start order is the number of the container (1, 2, 3, ...)

You create a folder (A) with 1 and 5.

At this point the start order is not changed, because you only created a folder, but if you change the order on the UI to 2, 3, 4, A (1, 5), 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 then the start order change to what you see (2, 3, 4, 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10).

I hope this explains it.

2 minutes ago, Mattaton said:

if I reorder the containers inside of B to 6 4 5, does that change the start order for those containers, or is it just visual

Just visual, you have to reorder again to make the change happen on unraid side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, scolcipitato said:

Only if you move a folder, that it does.

I'll make an example to clarify.

You have 10 containers, all on autostart, the start order is the number of the container (1, 2, 3, ...)

You create a folder (A) with 1 and 5.

At this point the start order is not changed, because you only created a folder, but if you change the order on the UI to 2, 3, 4, A (1, 5), 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 then the start order change to what you see (2, 3, 4, 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10).

I hope this explains it.

Just visual, you have to reorder again to make the change happen on unraid side.

Got it. Yeah, after any creation of folder or change in container order within a folder, you have to change the order of something on the main Docker screen in order to trigger unRAID to reset the start order. So, even if you move a folder and then put it back where it was, that will trigger the unRAID reorder to match the order of the folders/container you see on the screen. Good to know!

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

I don't remember exactly, but i haven't made any changes to this, so it's the default of unraid.

I just checked the userprefs.cfg file and it does look to reflect the order on the Docker screen. It includes lines for the folders themselves, so it's all stored there.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Zeragonii said:

it's not detecting the icons for my docker containers and by proxy wont let me set the folder icons to match that of containers.

Any ideas on what's going on or will you need debug info?

The debug log shouldn't be needed, you can check your console for any Content-Security-Policy, if there is any you should change the link of the image to comply with that (in my case was a matter of changing the link http to https), if there is none I'll need the debug.

It's a long time I haven't made an update, so I figured it's better to let you see what I'm doing.

As I said in an older post, I have been working on making the old context menu. The graph was the difficult part, getting it to work properly was a nightmare, but managed to get it working, just need to add the other graph modes, test if they are working correctly and the update is done.

immagine.png.17c5e16e314f56046f2668bbd4fd95fd.png

As always, my CSS skills are not the best, I'll try to refine it.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, scolcipitato said:

The debug log shouldn't be needed, you can check your console for any Content-Security-Policy, if there is any you should change the link of the image to comply with that (in my case was a matter of changing the link http to https), if there is none I'll need the debug.

Okay that's interesting, I've managed to get it working locally, however when I'm browsing via Unraid Connect the icons disappear again

Might have to just download them and point them locally, but idk if the images will still get served properly?

Thanks fo your reply though, its most appreciated :D

Just now, maodun said:

Hello, developer! I'm having trouble reordering the icons in a folder. I'm not sure if this feature hasn't been developed yet or if I'm just not seeing the right buttons to perform the action.My system version is 6.12.3.

You have to reorder containers when you add or edit a folder, just drag and drop them.

20 hours ago, scolcipitato said:

You have to reorder containers when you add or edit a folder, just drag and drop them.

How do you organize the folders positions themselves?

And do you know if below is how the folders are meant to show on dashboard? i was wondering if you could make the dashboard folder view similar to the old plugin (2nd picture). I'd really like to find a way to recreate the dashboard view like the 2nd pic, with the arrow to shrink/open the folder and separation between folders.

image.thumb.png.abc5bb63bfbe0e4bcb53238e63b0d835.png

image.png.4d1d274681b41d718966577155dcde18.png

1 minute ago, Linguafoeda said:

How do you organize the folders positions themselves?

In the docker tab, just drag and drop.

1 minute ago, Linguafoeda said:

And do you know if below is how the folders are meant to show on dashboard?

If you set to expand on dashboard, yes.

2 minutes ago, Linguafoeda said:

i was wondering if you could make the dashboard folder view similar to the old plugin (2nd picture). I'd really like to find a way to recreate the dashboard view like the 2nd pic, with the arrow to shrink/open the folder and separation between folders.

I won't add it, I will keep just as is, but I think you can have the container inside a folder go under when expanded with the custom CSS.