[Plugin] FolderView

Many thanks @scolcipitato but yeah, ended up manually doing it.

I have noticed that I get incorrect start order. If I look in userprefs.cfg I can see the order is basally the same as my original docker folder layout and modified as of today. I am wondering does folder view edit the order to lay out and sort docker containers? Or is it safe to go through and somehow edit to get into the correct layout, and it won't affect my folder layout structure?

Once again, many thanks for your help.

userprefs.cfg

36 minutes ago, Goldmaster said:

Many thanks @scolcipitato but yeah, ended up manually doing it.

I have noticed that I get incorrect start order. If I look in userprefs.cfg I can see the order is basally the same as my original docker folder layout and modified as of today. I am wondering does folder view edit the order to lay out and sort docker containers? Or is it safe to go through and somehow edit to get into the correct layout, and it won't affect my folder layout structure?

Once again, many thanks for your help.

userprefs.cfg 1.17 kB · 0 downloads

My plugin don't affect directly the userprefs, but it masks the folder as containers so when you move a folder it gets inserted in the userprefs.

If you get the incorrect start order, just reorder one element (folder or container) in the container tab and then refresh the page.

I've had this issue a couple times before. Adding and editing folders and suddenly a majority of the folders will disappear. The containers are there, just no longer in folders.

In the past I've gotten them back by editing a folder or refreshing the page. This time I'm having a hard time getting them back.

Also, when I've gotten them back in the past, the order of the folders is all jumbled and I have to resort.

EDIT - Got them back again by reordering the folders and then refreshing the page. But again, the order of the folders is lost.

debug-DOCKER.json

Edited by Mattaton
1 hour ago, Mattaton said:

I've had this issue a couple times before. Adding and editing folders and suddenly a majority of the folders will disappear. The containers are there, just no longer in folders.

In the past I've gotten them back by editing a folder or refreshing the page. This time I'm having a hard time getting them back.

Also, when I've gotten them back in the past, the order of the folders is all jumbled and I have to resort.

I've had this issue multiple times since I started using this plugin recently after upgrading to Unraid 6.12.4. It seems that after saving a new folder, all my previous folders disappear and the only remaining one is my new folder. This problem seems to happen randomly and I can't figure out how to get the folders back, so I gave up creating them altogether. I haven't had any luck with reordering folders to get the missing ones back. Looking forward to this issue getting fixed!

Edited by nrgbistro
Clarify steps taking to fix
2 hours ago, Mattaton said:

EDIT - Got them back again by reordering the folders and then refreshing the page. But again, the order of the folders is lost.

debug-DOCKER.json 648.81 kB · 1 download

I had a similar issue when stating stopping multiple folders at one, but a refresh fixed it, I think my problem is with the async functions overlapping, but as I said not big deal, a refresh fixes everything.

Your issue is a little strange, folders won't appear if the server does not respond or the response has no folder in it, I think I can rule out the ladder, but the server not responding is strange. Sadly the debug file in this case is useless, because I see that everything is working fine, if you encounter the issue again open the browser console and send a screenshot of that.

What I can advise in this situation is not to reorder, reordering will as you said overwrite the order you have with the order you see on the webui. If the webui has no folder, no folder will be included in the order.

I just say this because to me CSS is like magic, I received a PR on GitHub with some changes to the CSS and the code. The changes are now in the version you are using, so it may conflict with your CSS and cause the folder not to appear.

I'll leave the new CSS here.

.folder-element .ct-name .inner > span.appname {
    width: 177px;
    display: inline-block;
    overflow: clip;
    word-break: break-all;
}

.folder-preview-wrapper .inner > span.appname {
    width: USER_DEFINED_TROUGH_CODE;
    display: inline-block;
    overflow: clip;
    white-space: nowrap;
    word-break: break-all;
}

1 hour ago, nrgbistro said:

I've had this issue multiple times since I started using this plugin recently after upgrading to Unraid 6.12.4. It seems that after saving a new folder, all my previous folders disappear and the only remaining one is my new folder. This problem seems to happen randomly and I can't figure out how to get the folders back, so I gave up creating them altogether. I haven't had any luck with reordering folders to get the missing ones back. Looking forward to this issue getting fixed!

As said above, I haven't experienced this but to me this is different, so I'd like to dig further into this.

It would be helpful to have a screenshot of the browser console and the debug file, I suggest in this order (the screenshot fist and then the debug file), when you encounter the error.

Thanks for FolderView, life is just never the same with it :D 

I faced an issue today after setting up all the folders I wanted, added svg icons for each, moved the dockers into the desired folders - happy days. I ended up with around 10 folders. Moments later, I decided to move one docker out of a folder and put into another folder. After adding it to a different folder, suddenly 80% of my folders just suddenly disappeared for no reason. Only 3 folders remained, the top 3 (the 3rd folder was where I removed the docker I wanted to move).

Problem is, when I go to re-create the folders, there are no docks to select. It is like FolderView still thinks they are assigned to folders....even though there is none

Edited by Daburgers
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Daburgers said:

Thanks for FolderView, life is just never the same with it :D 

I faced an issue today after setting up all the folders I wanted, added svg icons for each, moved the dockers into the desired folders - happy days. I ended up with around 10 folders. Moments later, I decided to move one docker out of a folder and put into another folder. After adding it to a different folder, suddenly 80% of my folders just suddenly disappeared for no reason. Only 3 folders remained, the top 3 (the 3rd folder was where I removed the docker I wanted to move).

Problem is, when I go to re-create the folders, there are no docks to select. It is like FolderView still thinks they are assigned to folders....even though there is none

Ok, now I understand the issue, I managed to replicate it, and made an update, check if it works.

I hope it fixes the issues of @Mattaton and @nrgbistro

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, coltonc18 said:

I've got two servers running unraid, folderview works fine on one of the servers, the other server I can't get it to work at all.

I tried uninstalling the plugin and installing it again, and nothing.  I have the icon down below to Add Folder, but when I click it nothing happens.

Any thoughts? 

Open the browser console and send a screenshot.

4 minutes ago, coltonc18 said:

Thank you!! I thought that had been removed automatically, cause it was on my other server.  

That fixed it.  Thanks again.

Docker Folders definitely is not uninstalled automatically (at least it wasn't for me on my servers), so double-check it's not on your other server. 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Mattaton said:

Docker Folders definitely is not uninstalled automatically (at least it wasn't for me on my servers), so double-check it's not on your other server. 🙂 

interesting, I just checked, and its not there....I don't remember removing it.  I just remember after I upgraded I had lost my folders so I went searching to see what happened, and couldnt find it in the CA anymore, then found this one to replace it.

Not sure what happened.

2 minutes ago, coltonc18 said:

interesting, I just checked, and its not there....I don't remember removing it.  I just remember after I upgraded I had lost my folders so I went searching to see what happened, and couldnt find it in the CA anymore, then found this one to replace it.

Not sure what happened.

I remember something flagged it to me when I upgraded to 6.12+ and it kinda short-cut me to removing it. At the same time it let me know about FolderView.
Hey, as long as it's working, right? 😄 

• Like 1

Hello,

I just installed this plugin and it looks very promising, i made a bunch of folders, but i cannot reorder them in my Docker list. When i click the padlock to unlock all items, the arrow does appear on the folders, but i cannot grab it, and my cursor also doesnt change when i hover over the little grabby arrow like it does on the regular docker containers, which i can reorder.

I tried on both Chrome and Firefox, both have this issue. Im on Unraiud 6.12.5. Am i doing something wrong? Is this a known issue?

Edited by YourNightmar3
2 minutes ago, YourNightmar3 said:

Hello,

I just installed this plugin and it looks very promising, i made a bunch of folders, but i cannot reorder them in my Docker list. When i click the padlock to unlock all items, the arrow does appear on the folders, but i cannot grab it, and my cursor also doesnt change on hover like it does on the regular docker containers, which i can reorder.

I tried on both Chrome and Firefox, both have this issue. Im on Unraiud 6.12.5. Am i doing something wrong? Is this a known issue?

The plugin don't make changes to that, if you have any ad blocker disable them, than you can check the browser console for errors.

11 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

The plugin don't make changes to that, if you have any ad blocker disable them, than you can check the browser console for errors.

No errors in the console at all, and i disabled all adblockers and also tried on Edge where i've never had any adblockers installed, and still the same behavior. I can't grab the arrows on the folders :s

2 minutes ago, YourNightmar3 said:

No errors in the console at all, and i disabled all adblockers and also tried on Edge where i've never had any adblockers installed, and still the same behavior. I can't grab the arrows on the folders :s

The plugin only adds a class to the folder root element to make them sortable, if there are no error in the console I can't do anything, you can check if your folders have the sortable class.

They should have it, if not I suggest backing up all of your config and uninstalling and reinstalling.

7 hours ago, YourNightmar3 said:

Do you have maybe Docker Folder privios plugin not un-installed? 

Some people forgot to do it, befor install Folder View. 

9 hours ago, scolcipitato said:

The plugin only adds a class to the folder root element to make them sortable, if there are no error in the console I can't do anything, you can check if your folders have the sortable class.

They should have it, if not I suggest backing up all of your config and uninstalling and reinstalling.

None of my folders have the sortable class, but regular docker containers do:

image.thumb.png.68a60b49bb825a2ef80856348adb2841.png

Edited by YourNightmar3