Unraid Forums Upgrade

PSA - The Unraid forums will be undergoing a substantial upgrade tonight (1 May, 2024). We expect an outage of around 6 hours starting at 2 AM EDT.

Upon successful upgrade, forums will look different (better IMO):Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 12.13.48 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-01 at 12.12.24 PM.png the

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

Hi all, 

Thanks for any and all bug reports as we work to get the new theme update refined.

We also have upgraded Invision versions by quite a bit, so you should see a dramatic improvement in mobile browsing, as that has been a major focus of the IPS team recently. Site performance should also be better, and random outages much less common.

All feedback is helpful at this time, we'd like to make the experience as seamless as possible.

EDIT:

Light mode theme should be fixed, thanks for flagging the issue @Rysz

I'm currently tracking a bug preventing sign in and forcefully redirecting to account.unraid.net - This issue has been resolved also.

• Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, jojo345 said:

I do like it as well since light mode is working.

perhaps some little theme optimisations would be usefull in this case?

02_05.24-14_50_58.png.1c6c2d7417f25d83656181c8bc9c5eaa.png

Thanks for flagging this, we'll get this resolved soon. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, elibosley said:

Light mode theme should be fixed

That was the first thing I noticed, it wouldn't toggle to the light side.

Working now, but it got me thinking. Do you have statistics on dark vs. light usage? They would be skewed to the dark side, since that's the default, but I'd be curious what the statistics say.

Posted (edited)

Meh.  First impression?  Not impressed.

Font is chunky.  Poor contrast in many places (page number highlight, for example).  Overall seems less readable than previous.

Edited by ConnerVT
Posted (edited)

grafik.thumb.png.2c3c41c5141c68b17249bd4301d38e12.png

The last active topic seems too cramped in comparison to the huge part with the forum name (having lots of unused white-space).
Removing the width: 100% on .ipsDataItem_main it'd look like this (better in my opinion):

grafik.thumb.png.72850844bd73401bd502c1ae5639daf1.png

I know it's a work in progress and I love the new forum software, but I'm not too happy about some changes myself. I think the light mode is too bold (better lower font-weight?) and bright (better light gray instead of full white?), while some layout (example see above), font and color choices still look a bit hacked together rather than feeling "native" yet (in lack for a better word). Perhaps a better choice would have been to keep the fonts and color palettes that people were used to, while upgrading mostly the forum software and the layout around it. Nonetheless thankful for all the (ongoing) hard work put into improving the website and community. 🙂 

Edited by Rysz
  • Like 2