Array Won't Stop of Shutdown

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Scuba_Steve said:

@itimpi  I  ran it in the GUI without -n

That screenshot shows you running it WITH -n.

But it doesn't matter since it isn't working anyway.

Looks like you were having I/O errors on multiple disks. Maybe a power or controller problem. If you get that fixed maybe some progress could be made.

9 hours ago, Scuba_Steve said:

I have a question.  I think my parity drive did not rebuild properly since it only took less then 1hr and it is 18TB.  Why can I not put the original 20TB parity drive back?

Maybe we could try that. It would have to be New Config/Trust parity, then disable disk1 to see if it can be emulated.

But I am not confident you don't still have a hardware problem.

26 minutes ago, trurl said:

Looks like you were having I/O errors on multiple disks. Maybe a power or controller problem. If you get that fixed maybe some progress could be made.

On 8/22/2024 at 7:52 AM, Scuba_Steve said:

How can I have so many issues just from changing my parity drive.  How can I replace my original parity drive?

Disturbing connections when replacing drives is very common.

Any power splitters in your setup?

Check all connections, all disks, both ends, SATA and power, including splitters.

Ideally no more than 4 drives per PSU cable.

If you can also connect original parity along with all the other disks, that would allow us to see if the disk is good and all are connected well.

Then new diagnostics so we can see if there are any obvious hardware problems. Don't try to start the array or change anything else yet.

There's some confusing going on here, you are trying to mount the actual disk1 with UD, that is failing because there's filesystem corruption, but then you are checking filesystem on the emulated disk. not the actual disk, type this in the CLI and post the output:

xfs_repair -v /dev/sdg1

I am trying to get my array back online without any errors.  My unRAID server was running great until I down sized my 20TB parity drive for a 18TB drive.  When I swapped the drive, something happened and my 18TB parity drive did not rebuild properly since it only took less than an hours.

Thank you.

You can't start the array because you can't change parity when you already have disk1 invalid.

The most recent diagnostics you posted did not include 20TB disk that you wanted to reassign as parity.

But they do show I/O errors with the 18TB parity disk.

On 8/23/2024 at 10:43 PM, trurl said:

Check all connections, all disks, both ends, SATA and power, including splitters.

Ideally no more than 4 drives per PSU cable.

If you can also connect original parity along with all the other disks, that would allow us to see if the disk is good and all are connected well.

Then new diagnostics so we can see if there are any obvious hardware problems. Don't try to start the array or change anything else yet.