Serviio Media Server V1.4 Plugin for unRAID V5.0

Noticed that there isn't a Remote tab in the Serviio console - unRAID/LIME TECH Web page--Settings panel - Network services- Serviio Media server ( used for setting user password for remote access ). I  used the Serviio Console installed on my pc instead.

Unfortunarly the Ajax webui I am using which is written by Olivier Fayau (https://bitbucket.org/kairoh/serviio-webui/wiki/Home) is still at version 0.6.2. Once it is updated to support V1.0 features, I will update the plugin to include it.

Best options at the moment are the Android app ServiiDroid or the official serviio console. I hope to have an updated webui very soon, but as the webui is no open source, I can't update it myself.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For people out there wanting to run Serviio and Subsonic, I have a modified Subsonic plugin that does not clobber the ffmpeg installed by Serviio. Subsonic installs on older version 0.8. This version is not compatible with Serviio as it required V0.9. The Subsonic plugin was overwriting the ffmpeg installed by the serviio plugin.

This modified version of the subsonic plugin also also removed the JRE 1.7 installation as JRE 1.7 caused a few minor problems with Serviio and JRE 1.6 works fine with Subsonic. The updated plugin also installs a newer version of Subsonic, Beta 3.

File: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73389880/subsonic-files/subsonic-4.6-3.1jr.plg

I managed to boot with Unraid Serviio. It shares the folders that contain music, but containing videos not detect the files.

At last someone with something similar?

Hi i am able to install serviio, but i can not add any files to the library. i've tried to alter permission but i must be doing something wrong. Can any one help please

I am haveing exactly the same problem ....... Installed, up and running ..... beautifull interface ..... I can add audio files that I am able to view from my tab, but video files do not show ...... tried couple of things but in no vain ........ friends any ides what could be missing .....

regards

Sammy

PS ::: Also whats the password for Serviio Media Browser ..??? it says to set it at serviio consold, but I can not find any where in the console where I can set the password for web access ......

I managed to boot with Unraid Serviio. It shares the folders that contain music, but containing videos not detect the files.

Hi i am able to install serviio, but i can not add any files to the library. i've tried to alter permission but i must be doing something wrong. Can any one help please

I am haveing exactly the same problem ....... Installed, up and running ..... beautifull interface ..... I can add audio files that I am able to view from my tab, but video files do not show ...... tried couple of things but in no vain ........ friends any ides what could be missing .....

regards

Sammy

PS ::: Also whats the password for Serviio Media Browser ..??? it says to set it at serviio consold, but I can not find any where in the console where I can set the password for web access ......

Make sure the server has internet access if you have serviio set to retrieve metadata from online sources, otherwise the videos will no appear.

As for the Serviio Media Browser password, currently it can not be set in the serviio web gui provided in the plugin. You will need to use the official application provided at serviio.org, or use the servidroid Android application. Once the web gui I am using is updated, I will update the plugin, but until then, the password can be set in it.

I tried to get Serviio working, but I cant get the videos to be displayed. I tried numerous things, but i keep getting the following error:

2012-08-28 02:39:35,169 ERROR [ProcessExecutor] Fatal error in process starting: Cannot run program "ffmpeg": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

2012-08-28 02:39:35,169 WARN  [ProcessExecutor] Cannot retrieve results, stderrReader is null

I installed the plugin using the flash plg that is provided in the opening post,  I have checked if maybe some permissions wherent set propperly but I cant find any indications that they are set wrong. anyone have an idea what I could do?

Thanks in advance,

-Rexl

regards

Sammy

Make sure the server has internet access if you have serviio set to retrieve metadata from online sources, otherwise the videos will no appear.

As for the Serviio Media Browser password, currently it can not be set in the serviio web gui provided in the plugin. You will need to use the official application provided at serviio.org, or use the servidroid Android application. Once the web gui I am using is updated, I will update the plugin, but until then, the password can be set in it.

Ofcourse my server is connected to internet. do you want me to try removing "retrieve metadata" or suggest what steps I can take to resolve this ....

If I use the android apps will it let me set the media browser password  ..???

Thanks for all the assistance here...

Regards

Sammy

Well since I can not get it to troubleshoot, myself, I finally gave up on the video part .... anyway ......now suddenly I wake up in the morning and try to access serviio via my foobar  and I am getting this error ..

"Unable to open item for playback (Internal Server Error (500)):

"http://192.168.0.116:8895/resource/5/MEDIA_ITEM/MP3-0/ORIGINAL"

I have tried restarting the server, reinstalling the plg files but no success, not idea what I can try next. A sincere request to atleast help to get my Audio working .....

Regards

Sammy

removed the plugin and re initiated everything, rebooted the server and reinstalled plugin ......................, so now I can play the files but videos still do not show up plus if I try to add any "online sources", be it audio, video in any browser and click on save the browser throws an error ...

error_undefined ...... any idea what this can be ... snapshot attached ..

ajndsg.jpg

PLease assist ...

Regards

Sammy

removed the plugin and re initiated everything, rebooted the server, re installed the plug again .........so now I can play the files but videos still do not show up plus if I try to add any "online sources", be it audio, video in any browser and click on save the browser throws an error ...

error_undefined ...... any idea what this can be ... snapshot attached ..

ajndsg.jpg

PLease assist ...

Regards

Sammy

I tried to get Serviio working, but I cant get the videos to be displayed. I tried numerous things, but i keep getting the following error:

2012-08-28 02:39:35,169 ERROR [ProcessExecutor] Fatal error in process starting: Cannot run program "ffmpeg": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

2012-08-28 02:39:35,169 WARN  [ProcessExecutor] Cannot retrieve results, stderrReader is null

I installed the plugin using the flash plg that is provided in the opening post,  I have checked if maybe some permissions wherent set propperly but I cant find any indications that they are set wrong. anyone have an idea what I could do?

Thanks in advance,

-Rexl

I had exactly the same error...

Fatal error in process starting: Cannot run program "ffmpeg": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
2012-09-03 19:53:36,939 WARN  [ProcessExecutor] Cannot retrieve results, stderrReader is null

You need to go to /boot/config/plugins/serviio/ffmpeg and run ffsetup.sh

Also for some reason it's not auto installing ffmpeg on reboot....I think it's something to do with this piece of code:

cd $serviio_dir/ffmpeg
sed -i 's!DIRNAME='"`cat ffsetup.sh | grep '^DIRNAME=' | cut -d'=' -f2`"'!DIRNAME='$serviio_dir'/ffmpeg!' ffsetup.sh
source ffsetup.sh
fi

But I have no idea how these plugins work and my linux is not strong but I've managed to create a temporary band aid. If you running the flash version here is a quick fix, just edit the serviio plg and add my code AFTER this section:

rm -f /tmp/serviio-unpack.sh
]]>
</INLINE>
</FILE>

This is what you paste:

<!-- Running the ffmpeg install - Temp Hack by DigitalDrifta -->
<FILE Name="/boot/config/plugins/serviio/ffmpeg/ffsetup.sh" Run="/bin/bash" Mode="0770">
<INLINE>
<![CDATA[
#!/bin/bash
/boot/config/plugins/serviio/ffmpeg/ffsetup.sh
]]>
</INLINE>
</FILE>

This will ensure ffmpeg is installed for serviio. If ffmpeg is not installed it can't process new videos on your NAS and won't display them in your library.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

For users of Subsonic, here is a modified version of the latest subsonic plugin. The modifications allows subsonic to use the JRE and FFMPEG versions installed for serviio. The original Subsonic plugin clobbers the ffmpeg installed by serviio with an older verion. And removed the conflicting JRE from subsonic and just used the one installed with serviio. In other words, This modified plugin will work fine with the serviio plugin without conflicts.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73389880/subsonic-files/subsonic-4.7-4.1.1jr.plg

somebody can public plugin after fix ffmpeg installation ?

i mean, after this fix

Code: [select]

rm -f /tmp/serviio-unpack.sh

]]>

</INLINE>

</FILE>

This is what you paste:

Code: [select]

<!-- Running the ffmpeg install - Temp Hack by DigitalDrifta -->

<FILE Name="/boot/config/plugins/serviio/ffmpeg/ffsetup.sh" Run="/bin/bash" Mode="0770">

<INLINE>

<![CDATA[

#!/bin/bash

/boot/config/plugins/serviio/ffmpeg/ffsetup.sh

]]>

</INLINE>

</FILE>

This will ensure ffmpeg is installed for serviio. If ffmpeg is not installed it can't process new videos on your NAS and won't display them in your library.

Cheers!

because im manual this add but now after installation of ffmpeg i get error and serviio are not fully installed :(

So mabe you can put here your plugin after edited/fixed

And big please to @mayhem2408 for update plugin

Mayhem,

I use a flash drive mounted at /mnt/apps for unraid applications like subsonic etc. The 2 prebuilt scripts you have created don't fit with my usage. If I 'find and replace' the serviio dir from /boot/config/plugins/serviio to /mnt/apps/serviio will the rest of the script run as intended?