• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

new unRaid custom with DVB driver based on rc11

- latest TBS driver from 2013-01-26

- all driver of tuners from kernel turned ON

- added Firmwares of tuners

- some fix for realtek NIC (i hope enough)

- added exFAT and NTFS support (latest driver 2013)

- added mc

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49442039/unraid.rc11.tbs.zip

BTW. unraid 5.0 final come with 64bit support, and i just only tell the package of tvheadend and driver are ready for 64bit system ;)

Hi, i'm having some issues with the new release and as a rather inexperienced user of Linux and unRAID I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Basically I have tried installing unRAID 5 rc11 from fresh and tried to use the update for tvheadend in the above post. I'm probably not installing it correctly but I am getting the following error after running - installpkg tvheadend-20130128-i686-1PTr.txz (this says it is successfully installed) from the plugins folder: but then I get "tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory....... if i stop and start tvheadend from the web gui.

I've built a bzroot/bzimage with the media tree and hdhomerun drivers built in.  You can get it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvncsfx9ra2g3p8/rc10_hdhomerun.zip

The lines in my go script that are necessary to make this work are:

cd /lib/modules/3.4.24-unRAID/extra/ && modprobe dvb_hdhomerun
ln -s /boot/unraid-custom/src/dvbhdhomerun/userhdhomerun/build/userhdhomerun /usr/bin/userhdhomerun
userhdhomerun &
sleep 5
/etc/rc.d/rc.tvheadend restart

I've only been testing it for about 5 minutes, but so far, so good :)

Botez,

Thanks for the rc10 build - could I also get the ushdhomerun file to put in the directory? Your old link no longer works and I can't find it anywhere else

Many thanks

Jon

Looks like my subscribe emails to this post aren't working.  Sorry for those who asked me something and I didn't respond!

Jon -- here is the compiled userhdhomerun file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/99bsn9910phmm9n/userhdhomerun

I've built a bzroot/bzimage with the media tree and hdhomerun drivers built in.  You can get it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvncsfx9ra2g3p8/rc10_hdhomerun.zip

The lines in my go script that are necessary to make this work are:

cd /lib/modules/3.4.24-unRAID/extra/ && modprobe dvb_hdhomerun
ln -s /boot/unraid-custom/src/dvbhdhomerun/userhdhomerun/build/userhdhomerun /usr/bin/userhdhomerun
userhdhomerun &
sleep 5

I've only been testing it for about 5 minutes, but so far, so good :)

Thanks, can you put your .config file somewhere too?

Sambo -- which .config file are you looking for?  The one I used to compile the kernel or something else?

And we are already up to RC11 since I last checked in.  I'll recompile the userhdhomerun for the RC11 build and post it by the end of the day.

Edited to add -- the dvdhdhomerun drivers don't appear to be in piotr's builds.  I'll add those in to his build and repost them when I get a chance, for those of you who have the hdhomerun.

Okay -- here is the bzimage/bzroot for 5.0 RC11, with the hdhomerun drivers installed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zzz7c3g14g848g/unraid5.0rc11_hdhomerun.zip

Drop those in /boot and restart your server.

Here is the "userhdhomerun" executable for RC11

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq2xnwyq6qrtnyk/userhdhomerun_rc11.zip

And finally, here are the steps to use this:

1) Place the tvheadend .txz file from piotr in /boot/extras (this assures that it gets installed on startup).  Install the package if you haven't already.

2) Place "userhdhomerun" somewhere that doesn't get deleted on reboot, for instance /boot/packages

3) If you need it, make sure you have the tv_grab_file somewhere that doesn't get deleted on reboot, such as /boot/scripts

4) Put the following in your go script

cd /lib/modules/3.4.26-unRAID/extra/ && modprobe dvb_hdhomerun
ln -s /boot/packages/userhdhomerun /usr/bin/userhdhomerun
userhdhomerun &
sleep 5
cp /boot/scripts/tv_grab_file /usr/bin/tv_grab_file
chown -R root:videos /usr/bin/tv_grab_file
sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/cache/.tvheadend -u root -g video -f 2>&1 >/dev/null

5) Watch TV :)

I get the problem where I have:

Feb  1 18:05:17 Server sudo:     root : TTY=console ; PWD=/boot/packages ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/tvheadend -c /mnt/disk1/.apps/tvheadend -u root -g video -f
Feb  1 18:05:17 Server tvheadend[7939]: START: Configuration path /mnt/disk1/.apps/tvheadend is not read/write:able by user (UID:0, GID:18) -- No such file or directory

at startup

I think tvheadend starts to soon in the bootup process. When I "killall tvheadend" it and launch it again with the command from the go file, I am fine. How can I make sure it isn't started before the directory is up?

Mettbrot

Are you using the plugin to start tvheadend or are you starting it manually via your go script? 

When I was using the plugin I had to restart tvheadend due to the timing of when the plugin loads and when the tv adapter became available.  Via the command line or in your go script you would just add the following at the end:

and you should be up and running.