Tvheadend plugin for unRAID V5.0

Hey piotrasd!

Thanks again for the ore-compiled uploads! However I'm having trouble...

Updated the plug to use your timeshift package and removepkg'd and restart ect.; however there's no place to set the timeshift data dir :/. There's image caching but no timeshift dir. And the version doesn't look like a dirty branch.

It is very late and I've spent most of the day banging my head against a wall trying to dual boot my Mac-mini with Xbmcbuntu so I could be being an idiot but thought I'd say something invade it wasn't just me :)

Alex

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My bzimage and bzroot are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjvagh97r5zfdat/unraid5.0rc8_tv.zip

I also have to do a "modprobe" on the dvb_hdhomerun driver so that it is usable and then startup the userhdhomerun program.  I then restart the tvheadend service, because I haven't been able to get the plugin to start AFTER all of this and I found it simpler just to restart it.  Anyways to do all that I have to do the following in my go script:

cd /lib/modules/3.4.11-unRAID/extra/ && modprobe dvb_hdhomerun
ln -s /boot/unraid-custom/src/dvbhdhomerun/userhdhomerun/build/userhdhomerun /usr/bin/userhdhomerun
userhdhomerun &
sleep 5
/etc/rc.d/rc.tvheadend restart

The "userhdhomerun" executable is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/99bsn9910phmm9n/userhdhomerun

You will need to change the path for the location of the "userhdhomerun" in the go file (in my above example it is here: /boot/unraid-custom/src/dvbhdhomerun/userhdhomerun/build/) to wherever you place that downloaded file.

I think that covers it all --- anyone can chime in if they have issues or run into problems and I'll do my best to help out.

So I still have no clue how to get xmltv to work for North America ATSC service.

I'd appreciate a detailed walkthrough of the steps involved including GO script settings.

thanks in advance,

Kryspy

I'm stuck on this step as well. There's no option to select an XML-TV source for North America, and after doing some searching / reading it seems the only real way of getting this data without paying for it is to use mc2xml - but I have no idea how to go about setting this up, keeping the listings updated or how to get tvheadend to look at it.

piotrasd,

What I need is a walkthrough of how to get xmltv working un unRAID in order to feed guide data to the tv_grab_na_dd scraper including what needs to be added to the GO script.

xmltv doesn't seem to install under unRAID due to perl dependency issues not compatible with unRAID.

Kryspy

Botez,

Just wanted to say Thanks.  Used your BZROOT and BZIMAGE files and your other configuration and I'm now up and running.

I'm not with everyone else, how to properly setup TVHeadend, and get EPG for North America.

BTW, I don't remember reading anything about the userhdhomerun you included in your configuration, what is it and why do we need it?

Updated the plug to use your timeshift package and removepkg'd and restart ect.; however there's no place to set the timeshift data dir :/. There's image caching but no timeshift dir. And the version doesn't look like a dirty branch.

Is in new place ;)

check this link

http://o7.no/UUFlMw

Thanks for the pic but its still not there :/. Tried another fresh install of the plugin and still no timeshift. Read on the XBMC - Timeshift post the Adam made a commit but missed the code for the new timeshift tab... Don't suppose you compiled around about the time did you?! Also looked into making my own package from the latest git to confirm but google turned up a blank and how to make a slackware package... At least at my Linux experiance level!! Lol.

Hi guys. I finally got my unraid system running and could not wait to try this out. I installed the txz package with

upgradepkg --install-new /boot/config/plugins/tvheadend.txz

What do I need to do to run it on every boot, do I need to create a new user/any new directories/anything else in order to run it? Thanks!

piotrasd,

What I need is a walkthrough of how to get xmltv working un unRAID in order to feed guide data to the tv_grab_na_dd scraper including what needs to be added to the GO script.

xmltv doesn't seem to install under unRAID due to perl dependency issues not compatible with unRAID.

Kryspy

Hi Kryspy! Here is what I had to do to get things running. It's not 100% unRAID, but it works a treat.

For clarity, my TVHEADEND plugin is located in a share called "/mnt/extra/plugins/tvheadend", you'll have to modify according to where you keep yours.

My "go" file has the following addition in it, to install the XMLTV components:

# install the TVHEADEND / XMLTV package and copy the working tv_find_grabbers to /user/bin
    installpkg /boot/xmltv_package/xmltv-0.5.63-i486-1_W-W.txz
    cp /boot/xmltv_package/tv_find_grabbers /usr/bin/tv_find_grabbers
    chmod +x /user/bin/tv_find_grabbers
    /usr/bin/tv_find_grabbers

This then sets up the tv_grab_file in /usr/bin and runs the tv_find_grabbers so TVHEADEND knows it exists.

I am using the Windows-based XMLTV utility which grabs my lineup from Schedules Direct and saves it to an XML file.

I downloaded the XMLTV zip and extracted it to my windows machine's C: drive.

I then configured the XMLTV program (in Windows) by running:

xmltv tv_grab_na_dd --configure

I set it up for my Schedules Direct lineup and then I was ready to grab the actual EPG.

The command I'm using (as I'm in Canada) is:

xmltv tv_grab_na_dd --days 14 --out channels.xml

This grabs 14 days of EPG data and saves it to a file called "channels.xml". This file is then copied to /mnt/extra/plugins/tvheadend/epg on my unRAID server. I created a batch file that runs this command and then scheduled a windows task to fire it every day at 5:00AM.

Here's the batch file code:

REM CHANGE TO WORKING DIRECTORY
cd c:\
cd xmltv

REM REMOVE EXISTING XML FILES
del channels.xml
del \\unraidbox\xbmc\extra\plugins\tvheadend\epg\channels.xml

REM GENERATE NEW XML FILE
xmltv tv_grab_na_dd --days 14 --out channels.xml

REM COPY NEW XML TO UNRAID TVHEADEND SHARE
copy channels.xml \\unraidbox\xbmc\extra\plugins\tvheadend\epg

Here's the real kicker, you have to change the 'tv_grab_file' to let it know to grab the local file:

I modified /usr/bin/tv_grab_file line '7' to read:

cat /mnt/extra/plugins/tvheadend/epg/channels.xml

So, the tr_grab_file now knows to look directly to my share to find the current XML file.

After I did that, when I clicked on "Save Configuration" under the XMLTV table in TVHEADEND's WEbGUI, it loaded the file, but still was not populating the EPG. I then discovered that I had to go into Channel Configuration and "point" each channel to it's EPG equivalent. This was done by clicking in the XMLTV SOURCE field in the Channels tab of the TVHEADEND webGUI. Once I did that, it extracted a list of the "discovered" channels from my channels.xml file. I matched them all up, hit "Save Configuration" again in the XMLTV GUI and blammo, populated with all kinds of data

I hope this may help you, I know it's not a totally unRAID based solution, but there appears to be no way at the present to get XMLTV running right under unRAID due to PERL dependencies that are missing. I went through weeks of agony over this and the solution I am using now is the "best case" scenario for me.

Cheers,

Km.

Edited #2

Ok i've half solved my issue, I was modifying /etc/dvbhdhomerun with the serial # of my device but i stupidly didn't notice that when i reboot it reverts back to the default and i even posted that below and didn't nice that that isn't my serial #.  I took it out of the go script and rebooted then manualy edited the file and then did the modprobe stuff and its showing dvb-t devices now.

So my problem now is how edit that file so it reads its on boot?

--------

Hi,

Is this ATSC only, As i have it all setup and the setup has detected my hdhomerun as below

Hardware

Device path:

/dev/dvb/adapter0

Device name:

HDHomeRun ATSC

I did find this page http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/dvbhdhomerun/wiki/FAQ in regards to changing the config to DVB-T however it is already containing the right info.

Contents of the /etc/dvbhdhomerun

[1110D57C-0]

tuner_type=DVB-T

[1110D57C-1]

tuner_type=DVB-T

Not sure where else to go from here. total newbie with Linux etc.

Edit. Just to add i'm using botez's bzimage and bzroot from this post http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=20782.msg218251#msg218251

Thanks for any help.

Dale.

Hi guys. I finally got my unraid system running and could not wait to try this out. I installed the txz package with

upgradepkg --install-new /boot/config/plugins/tvheadend.txz

What do I need to do to run it on every boot, do I need to create a new user/any new directories/anything else in order to run it? Thanks!

Is there an updated version of the plg file from the first page? Of what do I have to do to get this running?

Ooo sounds good, i've been away, looking forward to testing timeshift. Thanks piotr, i will test tonight. The development team for TVH seem to be quite busy which is good news!

Looks like Limetech have release RC9a as well, so we might need your help baking new bzimages...

Mettbrot,

I started with WW's PLG, and then used Piot's updated builds.  I think that's what I did at least.  (For sure, start with WW's original PLG).  My $0.02.

Yeah but if I install the original PLG it just loads and installs the old tvheadend.txz, bzroot and bzimage files. What do you guys do to have those 3 things up to date?