Tvheadend plugin for unRAID V5.0

Okay -- here is the bzimage/bzroot for 5.0 RC11, with the hdhomerun drivers installed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zzz7c3g14g848g/unraid5.0rc11_hdhomerun.zip

Drop those in /boot and restart your server.

Here is the "userhdhomerun" executable for RC11

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq2xnwyq6qrtnyk/userhdhomerun_rc11.zip

And finally, here are the steps to use this:

1) Place the tvheadend .txz file from piotr in /boot/extras (this assures that it gets installed on startup).  Install the package if you haven't already.

2) Place "userhdhomerun" somewhere that doesn't get deleted on reboot, for instance /boot/packages

3) If you need it, make sure you have the tv_grab_file somewhere that doesn't get deleted on reboot, such as /boot/scripts

4) Put the following in your go script

cd /lib/modules/3.4.26-unRAID/extra/ && modprobe dvb_hdhomerun
ln -s /boot/packages/userhdhomerun /usr/bin/userhdhomerun
userhdhomerun &
sleep 5
cp /boot/scripts/tv_grab_file /usr/bin/tv_grab_file
chown -R root:videos /usr/bin/tv_grab_file
sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/cache/.tvheadend -u root -g video -f 2>&1 >/dev/null

5) Watch TV :)

Hi botez,

Thanks to your guide and build I have all this working - however, i still have the default build of tvheadend. Not sure how to change the W-W install so that it loads the new Piotr build? I've looked all through the thread, but don't see a how to. Do i edit the .plg and point it at a web accessible version or Piotr build?

Any help appreciated

Jon

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

/usr/bin/tvheadend -C /mnt/cache/tvheadend/.htsconfig -u nobody -g video -f

Wrong, small c: -c

Hi Piotrasd,

I am hoping you can help me - i've spent the last 24 hours trying to graft your newer TVheadend builds onto the W-W plugin install - but can't do it - i've editted the plg file and tried manually replacing the binaries but each time i can't get tvheadend to start. How do I go about updating the build to yours? I am using the one you recently posted (tvheadend-20130128-i686-1PTr.txz)

Any help is much appreciated

Jon

Okay -- here is the bzimage/bzroot for 5.0 RC11, with the hdhomerun drivers installed:

Drop those in /boot and restart your server.

Here is the "userhdhomerun" executable for RC11

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq2xnwyq6qrtnyk/userhdhomerun_rc11.zip

And finally, here are the steps to use this:

1) Place the tvheadend .txz file from piotr in /boot/extras (this assures that it gets installed on startup).  Install the package if you haven't already.

2) Place "userhdhomerun" somewhere that doesn't get deleted on reboot, for instance /boot/packages

3) If you need it, make sure you have the tv_grab_file somewhere that doesn't get deleted on reboot, such as /boot/scripts

4) Put the following in your go script

cd /lib/modules/3.4.26-unRAID/extra/ && modprobe dvb_hdhomerun
ln -s /boot/packages/userhdhomerun /usr/bin/userhdhomerun
userhdhomerun &
sleep 5
cp /boot/scripts/tv_grab_file /usr/bin/tv_grab_file
chown -R root:videos /usr/bin/tv_grab_file
sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/cache/.tvheadend -u root -g video -f 2>&1 >/dev/null

5) Watch TV :)

Hi, first of all thanks to you and piotr for the all the help.

When I install your new bzroot and bzimage files, my Realtek NIC stops working. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I'm just renaming the existing ones, dropping yours in, then rebooting. NIC works fine before using the new files.

mercraus

I don't have a realtec NIC (used to, but got annoyed at all the issues it gave me in unraid), so it's possible I don't have the Realtek drivers setup correctly as I didn't specifically add them in when I built the kernel.

I'd be glad to recompile with the Realtek drivers if anyone can point me to the necessary steps to do so?

Troy

new unRaid custom with DVB driver based on rc11

- latest TBS driver from 2013-01-26

- all driver of tuners from kernel turned ON

- added Firmwares of tuners

- some fix for realtek NIC (i hope enough)

- added exFAT and NTFS support (latest driver 2013)

- added mc

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49442039/unraid.rc11.tbs.zip

BTW. unraid 5.0 final come with 64bit support, and i just only tell the package of tvheadend and driver are ready for 64bit system ;)

Never mind, got it working with this package and the instructions from spylex's GitHub page.  Impressive.  ;)

Quick question,  I've got the plugin working but I'm now trying to get it to run automatically on boot.

My go file reads like this:

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c 
installpkg /boot/packages/tvheadend-20130128-i686-1PTr.txz

And then if I run the command

sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/cache/.tvheadend -u nobody -g video -f

(through telnet using Putty logged in as root) Then it runs as expected and I do not need to enter a username or password to use TVheadend.

What I can't quite figure out is if I add the line to my go file then as soon as I try and visit server:9981 I am asked for a username and password which I have no idea what they are.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions?

(glibc-2.7-i486-17.tgz is located in /boot/packages/)

Thanks guys.

Quick question,  I've got the plugin working but I'm now trying to get it to run automatically on boot.

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c 

(through telnet using Putty logged in as root) Then it runs as expected and I do not need to enter a username or password to use TVheadend.

What I can't quite figure out is if I add the line to my go file then as soon as I try and visit server:9981 I am asked for a username and password which I have no idea what they are.

Thanks guys.

Read one page back, same problem with me... Try

sleep 10 && sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/cache/.tvheadend -u nobody -g video -f

in your go file... tvheadend starts to fast, the config folder is not yet there ;-)

One thing I noticed. It heappens that tvheadend is stuck and I cannot access it anymore to watch TV. I get several repeating lines in syslog about it, what could that be:

Feb 11 23:16:23 Server kernel: dvb-usb: error -110 while querying for an remote control event. (Errors)
Feb 11 23:16:25 Server kernel: af9015: bulk message failed:-110 (8/0)
Feb 11 23:16:25 Server kernel: af9013: I2C read failed reg:d507 (Minor Issues)
Feb 11 23:16:27 Server kernel: af9015: bulk message failed:-110 (8/0)
Feb 11 23:16:27 Server kernel: af9015: af9015_rc_query: failed:-110
Feb 11 23:16:27 Server kernel: dvb-usb: error -110 while querying for an remote control event. (Errors)
Feb 11 23:16:29 Server kernel: af9015: bulk message failed:-110 (8/0)
Feb 11 23:16:29 Server kernel: af9013: I2C read failed reg:d507 (Minor Issues)
Feb 11 23:16:31 Server kernel: af9015: bulk message failed:-110 (8/0)
Feb 11 23:16:31 Server kernel: af9015: af9015_rc_query: failed:-110
Feb 11 23:16:31 Server kernel: dvb-usb: error -110 while querying for an remote control event. (Errors)
Feb 11 23:16:33 Server kernel: af9015: bulk message failed:-110 (8/0)
Feb 11 23:16:33 Server kernel: af9013: I2C read failed reg:d507 (Minor Issues)
Feb 11 23:16:35 Server kernel: af9015: bulk message failed:-110 (8/0)
Feb 11 23:16:35 Server kernel: af9015: af9015_rc_query: failed:-110

You can see that this happens all 4 seconds. So basicly the syslog is huuuuge :-(

Could it be the wrong firmware file?

Tank you guys

searching the web gave me this:

Firmware files over here: *** edit: newer version found here: http://palosaari.fi/linux/v4l-dvb/firmware/af9015/5.1.0.0/

and there is a patch called af9015_i2c_mux.patch in the parent directory over here: http://www.otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/ Since the message is saying "af9013: I2C read failed" maybe thats the problem?

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

Thanks guys.

Read one page back, same problem with me... Try

sleep 10 && sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/cache/.tvheadend -u nobody -g video -f

in your go file... tvheadend starts to fast, the config folder is not yet there ;-)

Thanks mate, have read this thread and the wiki countless times, my brains scrambled! Can't believe I missed that.

Here is the new bzroot/bzimage files with the hdhomerun and r8169 drivers installed.

I just tested it with a Realtek NIC I had sitting around and it seems to be working.  Let me know if anyone has any problems.

I've booted up with this bzroot/bzimage and used the most recent tvheadend tzx in this thread however I can't see my DVB-S2 card (TBS 6921) in the adapters list in tvheadend.  I do not use the original plg file at all.  Is there something I am missing or can run to see if the appropriate drivers are loaded?

Are there any dependencies we need to be aware of?

After installing the latest versions (thanks Botez). I run

I get the error message...

/usr/lib/libidn.so.11 no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4)

Any pointers?

Thanks

Tolax

Are there any dependencies we need to be aware of?

After installing the latest versions (thanks Botez). I run

I get the error message...

/usr/lib/libidn.so.11 no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4)

Any pointers?

Thanks

Tolax

Looks like you need to install libidn:

http://pkgs.org/slackware-13.37/slackware-i486/libidn-1.19-i486-1.txz.html

installpkg libidn-1.19-i486-1.txz

Let us know if that fixes things.

Why instead of building a whole new kernel image to replace unraid one you don't just provide a package to install media tree modules (and firmwares) and then do something like a 'depmod -a' and 'udevadm trigger' to load driver?  I'm not sure if it will work for any kind of dvb cards but I did tried it with my two usb dvb-t adapters (e3c ec168 and af9015) and it works fine.

Thanks to all the great information in this thread I got Tvheadend running on Unraid.  Setting up xmltv was painful in comparison to the simplicity of spylex instructions and piotrasd builds.

My problem comes down to permissions.  I have tvheadend set to record into a folder on my share called Recorded.  Tvheadend automatically locks down all files/recordings to the point that I can't even check the permissions from Windows.  I can force the permissions to change by running the change permissions script but this isn't ideal.  I tried setting access control to * * 0.0.0.0/0 but this doesn't fix it.  Any ideas?