Influencers Plug-ins-[UNPLUGGED] Support & Download-Sab, CP, Sickbeard, + more!!

If you 'menu' over a torrent in the web interface, and choose 'set location ...', it will show you where it is going.

Something weird is happening.  I am downloading a torrent right now with transmission.  Its supposed to go to /mnt/user/torrents.  When I right click the torrent in transmission and go to set location it tells me its going to /mnt/user/torrents.  but if I navigate to the torrents share its completely empty.

I have couchPotato set to rename and move files when they are done to /mnt/user/movies so i thought maybe it had somethign to do with that but theres nothing in the movies share.

is there some other way to find out where it is actually putting this file?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok i solved my own problem.  My user share was called Torrents with a capital T.  but the settings in transmission were sending the file to \mnt\user\torrents with a lowercase t.

so i telnetted in and looked at the file structure and sure enough I saw \usr\mnt\Torrents and \usr\mnt\torrents.  I looked in \usr\mnt\torrents and there was my file.

Jeez, non-stop problems for me. After finally getting everything running smoothly at my parents' place. I come home and find my server mysteriously stopped responding. I had to cold reboot it to get it back online.

Everything works now EXCEPT for sickbeard! I am just getting a "Could not connect to ip" when I type it in. It's like an invalid address.

Everything else (Couchpotato, sabznbd) is working just fine! For some reason the sickbeard port stopped being recognized, or it's just not running.

In the unraid Settings tab it says Sickbeard is Running!

I have tried to restart the plugin, reboot the server, re-install the plugin, and nothing!

Help!

ughh this is just getting so frustrating. I have spent countless hours messing around with unraid this week. Can't believe I am having an issue with my home server now that has been running for 2 months perfectly...

I really can't figure out why I can't connect to sickbeard. I have just updated to rc12a and still nothing. Here is the settings screen shot

Really hopoing someone could help me out with this.

sickbeard.JPG

*EDIT*

Guys, can someone help me out please. I am really stuck here. I have tried restarting and everything and just can't connect to Sickbeard! It just seems like sickbeard isn't really running even though the settings unraid console says it is "running." But I can't connect to it!

ughh this is just getting so frustrating. I have spent countless hours messing around

Guys, can someone help me out please. I am really stuck here. I have tried restarting and everything and just can't connect to Sickbeard! It just seems like sickbeard isn't really running even though the settings unraid console says it is "running." But I can't connect to it!

I notice that you're installing SB to mnt/cache/sickbeard, then putting its data in a subfolder of that.  SB actually creates a subfolder under its install folder also called data, so I'm thinking there could be some sort of conflict happening.

Try changing it to something like:

Install - mnt/cache/sickbeard/install

Data - mnt/cache/sickbeard/data

Any other plugins potentially using port 8083?

Try a different one just to check.

Have you tried stopping SB, renaming your existing folders, creating new, and letting it install from scratch?

My thinking here is that you want to isolate if the issue is with the app, or something else.

No idea if they'll solve it, just a couple of things I'd try if I had the issue.

Did you telnet or ssh in and check that it's actually running? 'ps aux | grep sick' should return the process info if it's running.

Thanks for writing how to do that. I just typed that in and here is the response that I got. I was sure if there was a space between | so I did it with and without the space.

telnet.JPG

Did you telnet or ssh in and check that it's actually running? 'ps aux | grep sick' should return the process info if it's running.

Thanks for writing how to do that. I just typed that in and here is the response that I got. I was sure if there was a space between | so I did it with and without the space.

telnet.JPG

So that tells me that your SB instance isn't running at all. Which would explain why you can't connect to the IP. I've recently had a lot of issues where I'm running out of free memory so processes get killed. I'm not sure how much ram you have but what I would do to check is this.

Telnet or ssh in and run 'tail -f /var/log/{messages,kernel,dmesg,syslog}'

In the GUI settings Stop and Start the app

Look at the output of the first command to see if you notice anything.

You might get better assistance with your issue if you post your syslog. http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting

Sounds like you've moved directories around and what not too so you might have completely knackered something up. I'd probably delete the SB install and plg, reboot, downloadable the plg and reinstall and set everything again.

Guys can anyone else help me out or what? This is the 2nd day already and it is so frustrating. I dont understand how the console says  it is "running" but the commands from the telnet session are saying it is not?

Attached is the syslog

Apr 10 21:10:07 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /usr/local/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8082 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 10 21:11:14 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8082 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 10 21:11:48 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8082 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 10 21:15:35 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8084 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 10 21:18:44 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8084 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 10 21:27:46 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --forceupdate --port 8084 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 10 21:28:07 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --forceupdate --port 8084 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 10 21:38:45 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8084 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 10 21:39:05 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8082 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 10 21:39:25 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8082 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 11 00:22:23 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8082 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 11 01:54:36 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8082 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 11 02:22:16 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8082 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
Apr 11 02:25:41 unRAID last message repeated 3 times
Apr 11 02:31:43 unRAID sudo:     root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8082 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard/data --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1

You've got sickbeard trying to start 17 separate times on on 2 different ports (8082 and 8084). Something is not right there. Have you tried removing the sickbeard directories from both your flash drive plugins folder and your cache drive and rebooting so the plugin installs fresh? There is a config screwed up somewhere. Post your go script as well.

I also noticed you NIC is loosing it's connection.

Apr 10 21:34:54 unRAID kernel: tg3 0000:02:00.0: eth0: Link is down
Apr 10 21:34:54 unRAID dhcpcd[988]: eth0: carrier lost
Apr 10 21:34:57 unRAID dhcpcd[988]: eth0: carrier acquired
Apr 10 21:34:57 unRAID kernel: tg3 0000:02:00.0: eth0: Link is up at 1000 Mbps, full duplex
Apr 10 21:34:57 unRAID kernel: tg3 0000:02:00.0: eth0: Flow control is on for TX and on for RX
Apr 10 21:34:57 unRAID dhcpcd[988]: eth0: rebinding lease of 192.168.0.194
Apr 10 21:35:01 unRAID dhcpcd[988]: eth0: acknowledged 192.168.0.194 from 192.168.0.1
Apr 10 21:35:01 unRAID dhcpcd[988]: eth0: checking for 192.168.0.194
Apr 10 21:35:06 unRAID dhcpcd[988]: eth0: leased 192.168.0.194 for 86400 seconds

That was probably from me trying to restart it on various ports and trying to do an update. At first I thought it was my ethernet loosing connection so I played around with my router, could that explain it loosing connection?

Here is my go script

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

/boot/unmenu/uu

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

Ok, go script looks ok. It's possible changing something in your router caused the connection to drop.

Have you deleted the sickbeard directories from both locations? I really think you just need to start over fresh at this point.

I am really trying to avoid doing that. It took me so long to figure out how to configure everything and set it up a while ago. Really don't want to have to go through that again. Do I have to? lol.

What could have possibly caused all of this anyway? So random...

I am really trying to avoid doing that. It took me so long to figure out how to configure everything and set it up a while ago. Really don't want to have to go through that again. Do I have to? lol.

What could have possibly caused all of this anyway? So random...

You could always just move the directories elsewhere for now so you don't loose everything but it's very likely something is screwed up somewhere. You really need to start over fresh at the point. It really doesn't take that long to configure again once you've already done it once.

Okay guys, thanks again for helping me. I removed all of the associaated directories and let the plugin load on its own and all works well now.

I'm a bit disappointed by this entire thing however. I though everything is supposed to be smooth in stable especially if left untouched... I Really don't know why I had this problem all of a sudden :(

It even got me thinking about Synology for a sec.

Okay guys, thanks again for helping me. I removed all of the associaated directories and let the plugin load on its own and all works well now.

I'm a bit disappointed by this entire thing however. I though everything is supposed to be smooth in stable especially if left untouched... I Really don't know why I had this problem all of a sudden :(

You introduced the instability on your own when you started loading plugins, which aren't officially supported, so you didn't leave it untouched. I guarantee if you had just installed the latest 5.0 RC and nothing else it would have run for months or years with no problem, humming along serving files.

I noticed you said you only run those three plugins and have 5GB of RAM. Even that might not be enough. Mine never seemed completely stable when I ran plugins until I went to 8GB of RAM. When the web gui, etc. stopped responding it was likely because you ran out of memory and those processes were killed to free some up. That's why your plugins could still be accessed, they didn't get killed.

Sickbeard died on me while doing the update from the Sickbeard webpage. Unraid would say that SB had restarted and was running but when I navigated to the SB webpage it did not load. I'm thinking it had something to do with the database version upgrade from last time.  I ended up deleting the data and install locations of SB and reinstalling it anew.  It worked but of course I had to reconfigure SB.

Sickbeard died on me while doing the update from the Sickbeard webpage. Unraid would say that SB had restarted and was running but when I navigated to the SB webpage it did not load. I'm thinking it had something to do with the database version upgrade from last time.  I ended up deleting the data and install locations of SB and reinstalling it anew.  It worked but of course I had to reconfigure SB.

have you noticed the URL you were redirected to after the restart ?

I've seen it redirect me to localhost:XX instead of tower:XX...

Hi guys, I'm new to unraid and am gathering as much info as possible before my server parts arrive next week.

My background, came from a MS world of RAID (hardware and software) and moved to Synology which has been running SB,CP,SAB pretty consistently.

I'm trying to wrap my head around how UnRaid deals with plugins (I know, not officially supported).  Please let me know if this is right;

- The config files will reside on the USB stick with the OS (So they won't get deleted on accident)

- The actual run and temp files will be on the Cache drive

- If I reboot the system, the cache drive may re-download dependencies for that plugin

My question comes in with updating the plugin.  For synology (and even my Windows installations) I always ran the apps from source code.  I would just git pull every month to get latest updates and be done with it.  Would I still be able to do this on unRAID, or do I need to wait for the package maintainer to update the package files?  if the former then awesome and I'm even more excited, if the latter then no biggie I'll use what I can. 

Thanks all and really looking forward to being part of the community!

Tom

Hi,

Can anyone point me to how to enable a watch folder for the latest build of transmission?

The plugin won't start when i try to add

"watch-dir" commands in settings.json.

Thanks,

Austin

Are you using a Linux compatible editor? Notepad won't work for editing many files in unRAID. Search for Notepad++

Archived