Influencers Plug-ins-[UNPLUGGED] Support & Download-Sab, CP, Sickbeard, + more!!

Ok tried CP again tonight. Cleared everything and downloaded the .plg file once again. Manual install went well and all up and running. Rebooted server and same problem with thee shares not being there. All i can see remotely from my Mac or Win7 machine is the flash drive. BTW, I only have SMB file share enabled at this time. If I telnet to the server I can see that all disks are up and I can move around the file system no problem. I can start Transmission and Headphones, both which run from the cache drive. Sickbeard is working but neither SABnzbd or CP are, last two are both Influencers plugins, the other apps are not plugins. UnMenu is up and all tabs bar unRAID Main work, that just gives a large blank box. The MyMain tab also is missing all the images that would normally be there.

Once again here is my syslog to see if anyone can spot anything obvious or helpful

You are not alone. I started seeing a very similar issue. I am using unRaid 5..05 and the Dynamix webGUI and other Dynamix plugins. If I have CP in my plugins folder when I reboot, the array will not start properly. I have access to the flash drive only. Not even the webGui will load. I also tried using the stock unRAID webGUI and I got the same result. I had to remove the CP plugin for unRAID to start up properly. I could not see anything in the log that was helpful.
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try to run cp as root

i noticed also some weird behaviour from cp and narrowed it down to some funky permissions it is using in its /cache/minified folder

i first tried to set these permissions but since this server powers off at night and boots in the morning did i need to set the permissions every day so i tried running as root and that solved it

maybe one should complain to ruudburger ....

I gave it a shot and running CP as root seems to have worked. At first I wasn't sure. I saw the same symptoms. I gave it some more time and eventually all the shares showed up and the webGUI works. All my other plugins loaded and are working.

On another note, I grabbed a screen shot of some errors I saw on boot. It appears vfs_recycle_start is having an issue. Something about a value not being a boolean.

EDIT:

Disabling vfs_recycle and re-enabling it seems to have fixed that issue on boot.

loading_issue.jpg.dbfb0f117bf8a6b4c5ee5b7514257ccb.jpg

Did anyone already port the plugins to unRAID 6.0 Beta?

Well I did - I took the plugins from influencer and just updated to x86_64 packages

Works quite well

https://raw.github.com/dawiki/unRAID_6.0/master/plugins/couchpotato_v2_unplugged.plg

https://raw.github.com/dawiki/unRAID_6.0/master/plugins/sickbeard_unplugged.plg

https://raw.github.com/dawiki/unRAID_6.0/master/plugins/transmission_unplugged.plg

I personally used NZBGet as usenet downloader so I didn't port sabnzbd

Anyway, have fun - and thanks influencer for the awesome work

I am still having minor issues with CP. At least it is running now though. But I am not sure what the difference between the 2 configuration files. In \flash\config\plugins\couchpotato_v2 I have a settings.conf file. This file is referenced in the couchpotato_v2.cfg file. In the CP data directory I have a config.ini file, which in the past is what I thought CP uses to store its settings. When I look at these 2 files they are similar, but not the same. Which one is CP using?

Did anyone already port the plugins to unRAID 6.0 Beta?

Well I did - I took the plugins from influencer and just updated to x86_64 packages

Works quite well

https://raw.github.com/dawiki/unRAID_6.0/master/plugins/couchpotato_v2_unplugged.plg

https://raw.github.com/dawiki/unRAID_6.0/master/plugins/sickbeard_unplugged.plg

https://raw.github.com/dawiki/unRAID_6.0/master/plugins/transmission_unplugged.plg

I personally used NZBGet as usenet downloader so I didn't port sabnzbd

Anyway, have fun - and thanks influencer for the awesome work

Thanks for this. Transmission is the only thing I'm really missing that I must have in the short term on my 64bit system.

I'll try running as root when I get home later. I thought I had tried this early but I may not of waited to see if normal service was restored like you did. When I left my server this morning I had tried installing HP plugin again but that seems to of lost me the unRAID webgui :( deleted the plugin and rebooted but it was still not working when I left home.

I am now getting really fed up with this, CP still doesn't work even if root user. Deleted once again

Now sabtosickbeard processing has stopped, the one thing I had working well!! FFS

Every time I send a new episode from SB to SAB it downloads and then gets stuck saying "Processing folder /mnt/cache/custom/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S07E06.HDTV.x264-LOL(more)"

Whereas this normally says Processing script I think and then "Processing succeeded for ......."

If I press more to view the script I just get something similar to the following;

Loading config from /mnt/cache/custom/sabnzbd/scripts/autoProcessTV.cfg
Opening URL: http://localhost:8082/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName=The.Big.Bang.Theory.S07E06.HDTV.x264-LOL.nzb&quiet=1&dir=%2Fmnt%2Fcache%2Fcustom%2Fsabnzbd%2FDownloads%2Fcomplete%2Ftv%2FThe.Big.Bang.Theory.S07E06.HDTV.x264-LOL
Processing folder /mnt/cache/custom/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/tv/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S07E06.HDTV.x264-LOL

I did notice an autoProcessTV.pyc file in my scripts folder and I deleted this. The next show was successfully and then the following was not, file was back.

I also made sure the script file was executable with 777

I'm stuck and fed up as this was working fine up until today.

I seem to be talking to myself on this one :( If anyone is listening then here is some more info. If I use reboot to install the plugin rather than command line, the first reboot is ok and I can go to the unRAID Main menu and configure the ply. However once I select enable ply the messages stop at the following line and the plugin is not enabled;

Media sudo:    root : TTY=console ; PWD=/tmp ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /usr/local/couchpotato_v2/CouchPotato.py --daemon --config_file /boot/config/plugins/couchpotato_v2/settings.conf --pid_file /var/run/couchpotato_v2/couchpotato_v2.pid

If I reboot I can find the same line in the syslog and CP is not started and I have lost my SMB shares. Also at this point I've lost unRAID Main menu and all graphics from the unMenu screens.

I have tried using nobody and root as the user but I get the same result with both.

Could this have anything to do with packages that are installed in the old way as I still have a few? Transmission, Sickbeard, MySQL, APC to name the main ones? Headphones is also on my system and not a plugin but a manual install.

Anyone got anything on this?

Attached the Syslog again if this helps.

syslog-2014-02-01.txt

Update, if I hash out the following line in my Go file

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c 

CP starts fine after a reboot and my shares are fine. I would say then that it is something from my 4.7 setup that causing an issue with the plugins. Any suggestions of how I can go through these one by one in order to diagnose the issue further? Obviously I can stop them all from starting by doing the above but how can I stop each one? I assume by removing all *.auto_install scripts from the package folder and then copying them back one by one? Or is there anything that people know will cause issue like old version of python? I know thats in there as it reports that its expecting 2.6.4 but it finds 2.6.6 which is due to the plugins updating.

Update, if I hash out the following line in my Go file

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c 

CP starts fine after a reboot and my shares are fine. I would say then that it is something from my 4.7 setup that causing an issue with the plugins. Any suggestions of how I can go through these one by one in order to diagnose the issue further? Obviously I can stop them all from starting by doing the above but how can I stop each one? I assume by removing all *.auto_install scripts from the package folder and then copying them back one by one? Or is there anything that people know will cause issue like old version of python? I know thats in there as it reports that its expecting 2.6.4 but it finds 2.6.6 which is due to the plugins updating.

That line is installing packages that were probably put there by unMenu. Do you have unMenu installed? You probably have some conflicts between those packages and your plugins. Go into unMenu Pkg Manager and disable reinstall on reboot for anything you don't need or anything that you also have a plg for.

Yes I do still have unMENU installed as I didn't think there was anything suitable to replace it with yet?

There are packages installed via the menu but as I've replaced them with plugins I have disabled. However only SABnzbd has worked to date so everything else is via a package still, Sickbeard, MySQL, Transmisssion, APC, plus Headphones is manual. So it's either one of these or dependancies from these like python, cheata or something else? Anything like python that has been installed this way but then superseded by a plugin doesn't give you a chance to disable as it complains about a wrong version and only give you a chance to reinstall the old version. So I need to find the correct way to stop these from auto starting in the first place and then I can go through them one by one.

I'm assuming I need to remove the auto_install scripts but then I noticed that sickbeard for example doesn't have one of these in the packages folder. It does have a .conf file so do I remove these also to stop and auto start?

Should I of moved away from unMENU and packages altogether when I cut over to 5? I didn't think it was a requirement?

As I mentioned earlier, I saw the same issue. Oddly enough running as root seemed to take care of it. I did not have anything extra in my go file at all like you did. It is quite strange. I thought about cleaning about the entire packages folder and letting everything download fresh and see what happens. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I would still like to understand which config file CP is using. Currently it doesn't seem to grab items from newnab sites properly like it did in the past. For some reason the api key is not put in the URL properly when it tries to grab the links. How can I get CP to use my old config.ini file in its data directory and not the settings.conf file in the plugin folder? Can I just edit the line in the couchpotato_v2.cfg to use that .ini file? Seeing as they have different extensions, maybe the .ini file is no longer a valid configuration file for CP.

Yes I do still have unMENU installed as I didn't think there was anything suitable to replace it with yet?

There are packages installed via the menu but as I've replaced them with plugins I have disabled. However only SABnzbd has worked to date so everything else is via a package still, Sickbeard, MySQL, Transmisssion, APC, plus Headphones is manual. So it's either one of these or dependancies from these like python, cheata or something else? Anything like python that has been installed this way but then superseded by a plugin doesn't give you a chance to disable as it complains about a wrong version and only give you a chance to reinstall the old version. So I need to find the correct way to stop these from auto starting in the first place and then I can go through them one by one.

I'm assuming I need to remove the auto_install scripts but then I noticed that sickbeard for example doesn't have one of these in the packages folder. It does have a .conf file so do I remove these also to stop and auto start?

Should I of moved away from unMENU and packages altogether when I cut over to 5? I didn't think it was a requirement?

I still have unMenu installed and use it occasionally but I think the only package I install from there now is screen.

I don't think there is going to be any simple fix for you. Probably have to clean it all out and start simple with getting one thing working at a time.

See dgaschk's signature for instructions on removing addons and getting your go file back to stock. You should probably get rid of the packages folder too, and then just put things back one at a time. I think you should be able to expect all of influencer's plugins to be compatible with each other so you might start there.

Progress!! I went through all the packages one by one removing them and rebooting and I found the culprit :) Airplay was the package causing the plugins to fail and therefore my shares to not play ball. Renamed the auto_install file to stop it loading and now the CP plugging seems to be behaving itself.

So now I need to go through and convert across to plugins and fingers crossed everything will work again :)

It's worth a shot. No idea what the conflict is but I didn't use it anyway so no great lose.

In true style of fix one thing and another breaks, my SQL server has spat it's dummy out. Not sure if it's related to now fixing the plugins but I'm no longer able to connect which means my XBMC hosts are all useless :( If I reinstall via the package manager I get a message saying that root@local host is unable to connect, or something like that. I assume this is something to do with the change in user rights since unraid 5 but it's strange that it's just happened today. Looks like I'll be cutting over to a MySQL plugin sooner rather than later.

It's worth a shot. No idea what the conflict is but I didn't use it anyway so no great lose.

In true style of fix one thing and another breaks, my SQL server has spat it's dummy out. Not sure if it's related to now fixing the plugins but I'm no longer able to connect which means my XBMC hosts are all useless :( If I reinstall via the package manager I get a message saying that root@local host is unable to connect, or something like that. I assume this is something to do with the change in user rights since unraid 5 but it's strange that it's just happened today. Looks like I'll be cutting over to a MySQL plugin sooner rather than later.

This maybe considered off topic spilling into the mySQL world, but I can tell you I use the mySQL plugin with backup from ikosa and it works very well.

The port setting in CP really seems screwed up. Everytime I disable the plugin, then re-enable it, I get the install path in the port dialog box, and then it inserts it into every line in the settings.conf file that has the word port in it. This happens during fresh installs as well. Below is a snippet of what happens to that file.

[xmpp]
username = 
on_snatch = 0
hostname = talk.google.com
enabled = 0
to = 
password = 
port = /usr/local/couchpotato_v25222
[growl]
on_snatch = False
hostname = 
enabled = 0
password = 
port = /usr/local/couchpotato_v2
[core]
username =
ssl_key = 
password =
ssl_cert = 
data_dir = yes
permission_folder = 0755
show_wizard = 0
url_base = 
debug = 0
development = 0
api_key =
launch_browser = 0
port = /usr/local/couchpotato_v28182
permission_file = 0755

Thanks for the SQL tip and yes it probably is a bit off topic, will go check that one out.

Very strange behaviour with the port. Mine seems to append the port I want with the default but only via the webgui. If I check the config file it's fine but when I click the Running link it's got two port numbers together so 8 digits.

Also tried the Transmission plugin today but that didn't go well either. Will install and run but if I make any alterations to the settings.json file in the plugin directory, reboot the server to copy it over, it no longer starts. I assume editing the settings.json file is the correct way to configure?

Anyone had this?

Had to return to the original package version.

Resolved this issue also today. Missing comma at the end of the original file when I inserted two more lines. Once I put the comma back in Transmission started fine and my updates to the settings.json file were all fine.