XBMC Standalone Library Updater for UnRAID

i dont know why youre having that issue with the language file. ive never seen that. might have been a permissions issue and it couldnt create the directory. as long as xbmc is running there shouldnt be an issue as long as the settings all match. try opening your config file and make sure it matches with the webui and sickbeard settings. additionally it can take up to 10 second after starting xbmc for it to be ready to accept requests. so if you start it and send a test request too soon it will fail.

I would have to agree that it is probably a permission problem.  I went a deleted the plugin and the folders it makes so I could re install it and see if that helped but it didn't so I deleted it all again.  This time I didn't change any of the install paths that come set as default and everything installed and ran up just fine, Sickbeard was able to send a test message.  So I change the data directory path back to my cache drive and started xbmc back up and it gave me the exact same problem as before.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trying to set this up but getting this error when trying to start it manually

sudo /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc-server.bin --headless --no-test --nolirc -p using this command

root@HOMESERVER:/# sudo /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc-server.bin --headless --no-test --nolirc -p

/usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc-server.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libXfixes.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

am i missing something?

trying to set this up but getting this error when trying to start it manually

sudo /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc-server.bin --headless --no-test --nolirc -p using this command

root@HOMESERVER:/# sudo /usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc-server.bin --headless --no-test --nolirc -p

/usr/local/lib/xbmc/xbmc-server.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libXfixes.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

am i missing something?

youre missing libXfixes.so.3. it should be installed. check to make sure it is in your packages folder on your flash drive.

what do you mean "against the database"?

the program was compiled with debug turned on. i didnt know this would effectively keep debug on permanently. eventually i would like to get it recompiled but i've got too much going on right now to get to it. 60 megs seems awfully high. mine has been on for about 12 hours and only 135k. try this:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml#.3Cloglevel.3E

Jun 26 16:18:59 Tower kernel: xbmc-server.bin[7562]: segfault at 2f8 ip b64fcfad sp b41fbeb4 error 4 in libpthread-2.11.1.so[b64f5000+15000] (Errors)

My SALUD crashed today. The server wasn't doing anything according to the syslog.

I could not restart it via terminal window, it would hang on startup.

Processes showed it running until I killed the terminal window.

Had to go to Settings->XBMC Salud->Restart.

Only then would it start up.

It's running right now, however I'm not sure for how long.

was there anything going on when it segfaulted that you can think of? and what do you mean when you say that it hung on starting? if you mean it said "starting xbmc" and just stayed on that message, thats expected behavior and not hung. it just kind of sits there, since there is no gui anymore. how long had it been running before it segfaulted? do you have a log from xbmc?

was there anything going on when it segfaulted that you can think of? and what do you mean when you say that it hung on starting? if you mean it said "starting xbmc" and just stayed on that message, thats expected behavior and not hung. it just kind of sits there, since there is no gui anymore. how long had it been running before it segfaulted? do you have a log from xbmc?

No there wasn't anything going on with the server, the drives were spun down 2 hours prior to it faulting.

Well when it failed i tried starting it via command line and it sat on Starting XBMC for a little while.

When I killed the putty connection to my server the process disappeared and never really started.

However when I restarted it in the Server GUI it started fine and has been indexing and running fine ever since.

Here is the two zipped logs in GDrive: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9Qkm4TTd718akpsTnZIZ1JZVms&usp=sharing

No there wasn't anything going on with the server, the drives were spun down 2 hours prior to it faulting.

Well when it failed i tried starting it via command line and it sat on Starting XBMC for a little while.

When I killed the putty connection to my server the process disappeared and never really started.

However when I restarted it in the Server GUI it started fine and has been indexing and running fine ever since.

looking at the logs, it's unclear why there was a segfault. everything else sounds like expected behavior. if you run it from a terminal is will just stay on "Starting XBMC..." until you close is (in this case close the putty connection) unless you run it with a '&' after. let me know if it keeps happening and i'll keep looking into it.

looking at the logs, it's unclear why there was a segfault. everything else sounds like expected behavior. if you run it from a terminal is will just stay on "Starting XBMC..." until you close is (in this case close the putty connection) unless you run it with a '&' after. let me know if it keeps happening and i'll keep looking into it.

Will do, hopefully it's a one off.

Well, I got my main XBMC machine moved over to using the mySQL database instead of a local one.  I also put in place my thumbnail redirect so that all of those are on the cache drive on my system.

When I get home everything should be finished and I can see about getting XBMCSalud set up the rest of the way.

I was hoping someone could help with the following. Recently I noticed that the scanner is not picking up certain movies and I can't make heads or tails of it.

I am using unRAID (rc14) with smb as the protocol, with a shared mysql db on a VM. It was working fine, now when I copy new movies to the unRAID share and run the scanner it does not pick up new additions, and there's nothing in the log. Thoughts?

I was hoping someone could help with the following. Recently I noticed that the scanner is not picking up certain movies and I can't make heads or tails of it.

I am using unRAID (rc14) with smb as the protocol, with a shared mysql db on a VM. It was working fine, now when I copy new movies to the unRAID share and run the scanner it does not pick up new additions, and there's nothing in the log. Thoughts?

the log is empty?

So I went ahead and installed this on Friday night.

It seemed to install ok, but I have the same issue as another poster a few pages back with it wanting the "language/English" folder along with the files that were supposed to be in it.  Once I created that directory and placed the files in it I was OK... almost.  The next issue I had seemed to be with getting SickBeard connected to the xbmc instance running on the server.  No matter what I did the Test connection would fail.  I then started looking through the guisettings.xml file and found that the webserver portion was still disabled.  The port, username, and password were all in there and correct (your sed commands worked fine) but the webserver itself was not turned on so the SickBeard Test button always failed.  I stopped XBMC, changed the guisettings.xml to enable the webserver, and started xbmc back up.  After that change the Test button in SickBeard started working and it seems to connecting fine.

I have not tested any downloads as of yet, but some should download tonight and I will see how it goes.

i double checked and webserver is set to true by default:

<services>
        <devicename>Server</devicename>
        <esallinterfaces>false</esallinterfaces>
        <escontinuousdelay>25</escontinuousdelay>
        <esenabled>false</esenabled>
        <esinitialdelay>750</esinitialdelay>
        <esmaxclients>20</esmaxclients>
        <esport>9777</esport>
        <esportrange>10</esportrange>
        <upnpannounce>false</upnpannounce>
        <upnprenderer>false</upnprenderer>
        <webserver>true</webserver>
        <upnpserver>false</upnpserver>
        <webserverpassword>salud</webserverpassword>
        <webserverport>9091</webserverport>
        <webserverusername>xbmc</webserverusername>
        <webskin>webinterface.default</webskin>
    </services>

did you have an older version you installed? what option was is that you changed?

i double checked and webserver is set to true by default:

<services>
        <devicename>Server</devicename>
        <esallinterfaces>false</esallinterfaces>
        <escontinuousdelay>25</escontinuousdelay>
        <esenabled>false</esenabled>
        <esinitialdelay>750</esinitialdelay>
        <esmaxclients>20</esmaxclients>
        <esport>9777</esport>
        <esportrange>10</esportrange>
        <upnpannounce>false</upnpannounce>
        <upnprenderer>false</upnprenderer>
        <webserver>true</webserver>
        <upnpserver>false</upnpserver>
        <webserverpassword>salud</webserverpassword>
        <webserverport>9091</webserverport>
        <webserverusername>xbmc</webserverusername>
        <webskin>webinterface.default</webskin>
    </services>

did you have an older version you installed? what option was is that you changed?

I honestly do not know what version was on my server to begin with. The .plg on the server was maybe 2 weeks old tops and I only just started installing and messing with both mysql and xbmc salud.  The only thing I can say is that the default install for me did not have the webserver part set to true.

On a related note:

A couple of shows downloaded last night (Falling Skies and True Blood).  They have been added to the library from what I can tell but they are not added like I would expect.  See the attached photo for what I mean.

Basically, the first three were put into the system by using the "update library on startup" while the last one was put into the database via SickBeard and the xbmc salud process.

Does anyone know the reason why the update to the library would be different?

Screen_Shot_2013-07-01_at_7_32.16_AM.png.bbdcfcd03d44b231ac17595984e7a607.png

Thank you for the hard work, but I cannot understand how this thing works.

Do I have to set up Mysql first or I can just put sources.xml from my existing XBMC into the xbmc_server folder?

Thank you

it's all of the first page. but, yes, it uses your shared mysql library so that needs to be set up first.