Dynamix - Web GUI

Reboot again, now have the limetech webgui, but still it is complaining about: Could not open input file  plugins/webGui/include/Notify.php' ....

root@UNRAID:/boot/plugins# ls -l
total 352
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root   1510 2014-01-03 13:36 webGui-latest.plg*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 333600 2014-01-03 13:36 webGui-latest.txz*

root@UNRAID:/boot/config/plugins# ls -l
total 272
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19050 2013-12-20 15:42 Apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-4_rlw.plg*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  8016 2012-07-24 19:09 Dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv.plg*
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2014-01-03 13:41 apcupsd/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2014-01-03 13:41 dropbox/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2014-01-03 13:32 images/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2013-12-20 15:07 lms/
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29484 2013-08-17 12:16 logitechmediaserver_overbyrn.plg*
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2014-01-03 13:41 sabnzbd/
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26294 2013-01-13 14:38 sabnzbd_unplugged.plg*
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2014-01-03 13:41 sickbeard/
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26731 2013-01-13 12:54 sickbeard_unplugged.plg*
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2013-03-24 13:58 slimserver/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2014-01-03 13:36 webGui/

Who/what is searching for webgui/include/notify.php?

There are no files in config/plugins/webGui.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sorry but i'm trying to get back to stock gui now first, but to no avail.

Well something installs either from /boot/plugins or /boot/config/plugins.

The message you are seeing can come from the Limetech enhanced webGui, SimpleFeatures or Dynamix !

Reboot again, now have the limetech webgui, but still it is complaining about: Could not open input file  plugins/webGui/include/Notify.php' ....

root@UNRAID:/boot/plugins# ls -l
total 352
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root   1510 2014-01-03 13:36 webGui-latest.plg*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 333600 2014-01-03 13:36 webGui-latest.txz*

root@UNRAID:/boot/config/plugins# ls -l
total 272
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19050 2013-12-20 15:42 Apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-4_rlw.plg*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  8016 2012-07-24 19:09 Dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv.plg*
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2014-01-03 13:41 apcupsd/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2014-01-03 13:41 dropbox/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2014-01-03 13:32 images/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2013-12-20 15:07 lms/
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29484 2013-08-17 12:16 logitechmediaserver_overbyrn.plg*
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2014-01-03 13:41 sabnzbd/
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26294 2013-01-13 14:38 sabnzbd_unplugged.plg*
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2014-01-03 13:41 sickbeard/
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26731 2013-01-13 12:54 sickbeard_unplugged.plg*
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2013-03-24 13:58 slimserver/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 16384 2014-01-03 13:36 webGui/

Who/what is searching for webgui/include/notify.php?

There are no files in config/plugins/webGui.

The problem comes from the Limetech webGui (webGui-latest.plg).

One of the things the Dynamix webGui installation does, is to remove the Limetech webGui, because they can not work together. For some reason that didn't happen when you installed Dynamix webGui the first time (subsequent Dynamix upgrades do not check and remove the Limetech webGui).

You can manually delete the files in /boot/plugins which will restore the stock GUI upon reboot. From there you can redo the Dynamix installation.

OK, rebooted again and now i have the new limetech webgui, and no more annoying messages...

if you don't mind, i'll keep this for now, i'll try dynamix again some other time...

Well as said before, somehow your installation kept the Limetech webGui next to the Dynamix webGui, and (I keep repeating myself) these can not run both.

There is nothing wrong with Dynamix itself !

I know, but having used it for a day or 2, i find the tabs-in-tabs setup confusing. It should make things clearer, but it just doesn't.

Any chance you can make that optional?

For me, this screen layout, without the extra dynamix tabs, is perfect.

no_tabs.png.6af9a3db4feb579fd51d897f0a14a50e.png

I know, but having used it for a day or 2, i find the tabs-in-tabs setup confusing. It should make things clearer, but it just doesn't.

I would love this sort of arrangement too, if its ok with bonienl

You are not the first one discussing the settings page.

Let it sink in for a while, yes initially it brings confusion, but my own experience after using it for 4 months is that one gets used to it...

No. Functionality should be clear in a few minutes, not in a few months ;) Also the dark gray limetech tabs differ from the dynamix ones, which degrades uniformity. But the worst thing is that in some cases, if you select a 'dynamix' tab, the whole tab menu dissapears, while if you want to maintain usability and uniformity, a third row of tabs should appear in those cases.

I know this tabbed design basically is the only thing that makes your work stand out visually from limetech's or speeding_ant's. Maybe you should keep their menu structure, but use some other colors or distinguish your product by having a plugin manager and other functionality etc, or design something new from scratch. What you are doing now with new tabs-nested-in-old-tabs, is just not the way to handle gui's or to extend the current one.

Btw, this is meant as friendly advice, not to **** you off :) It's still a great effort and i respect your work 8)

No. Functionality should be clear in a few minutes, not in a few months ;) Also the dark gray limetech tabs differ from the dynamix ones, which degrades uniformity. But the worst thing is that in some cases, if you select a 'dynamix' tab, the whole tab menu dissapears, while if you want to maintain usability and uniformity, a third row of tabs should appear in those cases.

I know this tabbed design basically is the only thing that makes your work stand out visually from limetech's or speeding_ant's. Maybe you should keep their menu structure, but use some other colors or distinguish your product by having a plugin manager and other functionality etc, or design something new from scratch. What you are doing now with new tabs-nested-in-old-tabs, is just not the way to handle gui's or to extend the current one.

Btw, this is meant as friendly advice, not to **** you off :) It's still a great effort and i respect your work 8)

Sure you may disagree, and if it doesn't work for you then use one of the other alternatives. It is all about free choice.

There is actually a lot more behind the scenes which makes Dynamix "stand out" compared to the Limetech webGui and SimpleFeatures versions, but that is not the discussion here.

After several years with unraid this is the first gui I like. Stock is like a remember party and SF is like the prettiest girl in the disco, I speak her and sometimes she doesnt answer me. :-)

Dynamix can be improved, sure. I remember when I install windows 3.0 and look it now; MS need time and experience to improve and give users a better product. Dynamix improvements are like a Formula 1 if we compare with Unraid changes.Look at Plugin control, it just works!!! (yes Steve still here ;-))

I like tabs in some areas: stats, utils , array.... Tabs show a clean interface.

The problem in the settings tab, IMHO, is that we need two extra click. To change two plugins:

Settings - user pref - notifications - Settings - user pref - display settings

I understand some users want avoid that 2 clics, maybe 1 clic could be a meeting point but really I can live with that.

It is like wine ... it needs to ripe to make it a better product  :)

Sure I read and listen to the feedback, and when it turns out things don't work as expected, hey - they can be changed.

At the moment I am doing point updates and at the speed of a Formula 1 racecar, as compared to the other webGui's.

The "plugin control" initiative I eventually started after waiting in vain for a proper plugin manager. Perhaps it is a kick-start of something bigger (read: plugin manager), right now people using Dynamix can benefit from installation, upgrading and removal of plugins in an easy way.

Guys, keep in mind - I am doing this in my spare time at no cost to you ...

Thanks for all the hard work. I appreciate it!

Appreciated here too, design the GUI how you want it to be, don't bend to those that want another SF/Stock clone.

I really like the tabs :)

Settings - user pref - notifications - Settings - user pref - display settings

I understand some users want avoid that 2 clics, maybe 1 clic could be a meeting point but really I can live with that.

It should work like this:

Settings - user pref - notifications - Done - display settings

(everything under user preferences is no further than one click away).

Appreciated here too, design the GUI how you want it to be, don't bend to those that want another SF/Stock clone.

It is like changing your car to another brand/model. All the controls are there but in different places where they used to be ... and it takes some time to get used to that !

It is like changing your car to another brand/model. All the controls are there but in different places where they used to be ... and it takes some time to get used to that !

Couldn't agree more, I wouldnt mind seeing the cache stats with the main disk stats but its your baby design it how you want it, especially like the new plugin interface especially how easy it is to now install / update / uninstall components.

Not a massive fan of the whole plugin scene because of the troubles it can bring but this is what the stock plugin manager should look like, clean simple and functional.

Keep up the great work :)

No, not exactly... before this you could turn your steering wheel to make a turn, now you have to select left or right first, using a button, and after that you can steer in that direction. And if you change gear while turning, your steering wheel dissapears...  ;D

No, not exactly... before this you could turn your steering wheel to make a turn, now you have to select left or right first, using a button, and after that you can steer in that direction. And if you change gear while turning, your steering wheel dissapears...  ;D

jowi,  I hear what you're saying, the tabs within tabs does cause for some confusion at worst, or extra mouse clicks at the least, however this is bonienl's tool that he made and was kind enough to release to the community, and he's made his position clear on where it stands on this UI issue, so now that we've said our peace we should let it be and thank him for releasing this to the community ;)

All that said, I'm so glad to see the graphs for hard drives being filled as a percentage back.

Guys, keep in mind - I am doing this in my spare time...

Ahh, but you forget how we support you in your beach house bought and in future payment of your son's high school.

....... at no cost to you ...

Oh wait!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Free cost

Free distribution

Free support

No mandatory

And it works. Thanks.

-------

If Plugin Control become standard maybe you need to put some tab in there, plugin type or creator  ;D ;D ;D (sorry I can not avoid the joke)

jowi,  I hear what you're saying, the tabs within tabs does cause for some confusion at worst, or extra mouse clicks at the least, however this is bonienl's tool that he made and was kind enough to release to the community, and he's made his position clear on where it stands on this UI issue, so now that we've said our peace we should let it be and thank him for releasing this to the community ;)

Yeah i know, i'm just joking about a bit :)

Dynamix is by far the most advanced webgui available at this moment.

• Squid locked this topic