Dynamix - Web GUI

Hmm, something wrong in the condition for showing the cache tab, it should be hidden when no cache device is present...

Guess you found a bug  :D

Wait a second, you stopped the array, in that case the cache device tab is present to allow assignments, anyway I have a look!

Yes, but normally when I stop the array what I want to do is to either shutdown or reboot the server.  Thus, I want to the open tab to be the 'Array Operation' tab.  Why should I have to click on the 'Array Operation' tab again when that is where I was when I started?  I personally think anytime a tab is refreshed, it should stay on that tab-- not transfer to some other tab!  On the very rare occasion when I would want to add (change) an array disk or add a cache disk, I would expect to have to navigate to a new tab to do that. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, but normally when I stop the array what I want to do is to either shutdown or reboot the server.  Thus, I want to the open tab to be the 'Array Operation' tab.  Why should I have to click on the 'Array Operation' tab again when that is where I was when I started?  I personally think anytime a tab is refreshed, it should stay on that tab-- not transfer to some other tab!  On the very rare occasion when I would want to add (change) an array disk or add a cache disk, I would expect to have to navigate to a new tab to do that.

What you describe is exactly the intended behavior, and it should work like that... after a page refresh it should go back to the same tab as before and this is accomplished with cookies.

I am wondering if that mechanism is somehow crippled. A javascript module is used to generate the cookies, do you have other plugins also using cookies (loading javascript) ?

What you describe is exactly the intended behavior, and it should work like that... after a page refresh it should go back to the same tab as before and this is accomplished with cookies.

I am wondering if that mechanism is somehow crippled. A javascript module is used to generate the cookies, do you have other plugins also using cookies (loading javascript) ?

The only plugins that I am running are apcupsd 3.14.10 (Apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-4_rlw-dl.plg)  and unMENU.  The only thing that is installed through unMENU is powderdown-1.02. 

EDIT:  Follow on to above comment.  I seem to recall a while back there was a security issue with JAVA and it was automatically disabled in Firefox.  I am  a bit of a security freak and I may have completely removed it from Firefox.  I looked through the addins and pugins for Firefox and did not find anything to indicate that JAVA was installed.  (To be fair, I am no expert on Firefox and could easily have missed it...) 

working sensors now. I use the code in SF thread for the Asrock B75 Pro3 and put that sensors.conf in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/

after reboot still no info and only:

Linux 3.9.11p-unRAID.

root@unraid:~# sensors

coretemp-isa-0000

Adapter: ISA adapter

CPU Core Temp:  +33.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)

Core 1:        +27.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)

Core 2:        +33.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)

not sure what I´m doing wrong.

--------

EDIT

I forgot to run "modprobe w83627ehf", after that I got a lot of info but should I include "modprobe w83627ehf" in go script"?

root@unraid:/boot/config/plugins/dynamix# modprobe w83627ehf

root@unraid:/boot/config/plugins/dynamix# sensors

coretemp-isa-0000

CPU Core Temp:  +29.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)

Core 1:        +22.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)

Core 2:        +29.0 C  (high = +85.0 C, crit = +105.0 C)

nct6776-isa-0290

in0:          +0.81 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +1.74 V)

+12V:        +12.19 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM

in2:          +3.39 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM

in3:          +3.38 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM

+5V:          +5.04 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM

in7:          +3.44 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM

in8:          +3.26 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM

CPU Fan:      1612 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)  ALARM

Rear Fan:        0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)  ALARM

MB Temp:      +28.0 C  (high =  +0.0 C, hyst =  +0.0 C)  ALARM  sensor = thermistor

CPUTIN:        +26.5 C  (high = +80.0 C, hyst = +75.0 C)  sensor = thermistor

AUXTIN:        +53.0 C  (high = +80.0 C, hyst = +75.0 C)  sensor = thermistor

PECI Agent 0:  +29.5 C 

working sensors now. I use the code in SF thread for the Asrock B75 Pro3 and put that sensors.conf in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/

after reboot still no info and only:

The support for this is added in Dynamix webGui version 2.0.4 System Temp v2.0.3, you can update to this version using the "plugin control page" (note "plugin control" is an optional plugin which needs to be installed separately, see the topic here on the forum).

Note if you have previously installed version 2.0.3, please download the PLG file again, or use "plugin control" to uninstall and re-install this plugin.

EDIT:  Follow on to above comment.  I seem to recall a while back there was a security issue with JAVA and it was automatically disabled in Firefox.  I am  a bit of a security freak and I may have completely removed it from Firefox.  I looked through the addins and pugins for Firefox and did not find anything to indicate that JAVA was installed.  (To be fair, I am no expert on Firefox and could easily have missed it...)

If javascript were to be disabled (don't think it can be done in firefox) then essentials in the webGui won't work, all the dynamic features rely on javascript.

ps. "java" and "javascript" are two different things, not related with each other...

Done. It works. I add manually the module to go script but let the CP sensors.conf copy to the plugin.

Hum, what about auto width in ios? Now there are 2 tabs working fine (stats and dynamix).

Thanks for your work and support.

With the support now in the "system temp" PLG file, it is not required anymore to do a copy function in the "go" file (if it is in then take it out).

For the moment there is a fixed width of 1240px, it is implemented this way to make stats work. I'll have a look at dynamic width and see what is possible, but don't expect anything soon  :D

If javascript were to be disabled (don't think it can be done in firefox) then essentials in the webGui won't work, all the dynamic features rely on javascript.

ps. "java" and "javascript" are two different things, not related with each other...

I just google javescript and found a website that allowed me to check Firefox to see if Javascript was enabled.  The site reported that javascript is enable and has been running in my Firefox

The only plugins that I am running are apcupsd 3.14.10 (Apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-4_rlw-dl.plg)  and unMENU.  The only thing that is installed through unMENU is powderdown-1.02. 

Is it possible for you to make tests on your test machine, start with the webGui only, see if things work (it should be) and add other plugins one-by-one to find the error spot ?

Is it possible for you to make tests on your test machine, start with the webGui only, see if things work (it should be) and add other plugins one-by-one to find the error spot ?

Sure but it is not going to be today.  You can already rule out four plugins ---  DNS server, S3 Sleep, Web Server (these were ever installed) and Plugin Control (I just installed it today and the problem existed before then). 

Hell - Temps are "not" working again  :o

Where must be these sensors.conf now???

It was in /sensors.d but now... not working  :-\

Copy your file "sensors.conf" to the folder /boot/config/plugins/dynamix, this way the file won't get lost after a system reboot.

While installing, the System Temp plugin will copy the above file to the folder /etc/sensors.d (no need to do a copy action anymore in the go file)

Sure but it is not going to be today.  You can already rule out four plugins ---  DNS server, S3 Sleep, Web Server (these were ever installed) and Plugin Control (I just installed it today and the problem existed before then).

I have all Dynamix plugins running and don't see the problem, expectation is: it is somewhere else ...

And sure take your time, not pressing anyone  ;)

ok, i did exactly as you described, file is copied to /sensors.d but... not working - lol

All i can see is "--°C"

Is there a special thing which has changed the sensors.conf?

Can you show me your sensors.conf?

Here is mine:

# lm-sensors ASROCK B75 Pro3-M

chip "coretemp-isa-0000"

label temp1 "CPU TMP 1"

label temp2 "CPU TMP 2"

Bevore i installed your new 2.0.4 i had these in the go-file:

modprobe w83627ehf

After a reboot i saw all sensors, but now: nothing - is there a problem with these modeprobe-command maybe?

Thanks

ok, i did exactly as you described, file is copied to /sensors.d but... not working - lol

All i can see is "--°C"

Is there a special thing which has changed the sensors.conf?

Can you show me your sensors.conf?

Here is mine:

# lm-sensors ASROCK B75 Pro3-M

chip "coretemp-isa-0000"

label temp1 "CPU TMP 1"

label temp2 "CPU TMP 2"

Bevore i installed your new 2.0.4 i had these in the go-file:

modprobe w83627ehf

After a reboot i saw all sensors, but now: nothing - is there a problem with these modeprobe-command maybe?

Thanks

The modprobe command is something unique to your system, it has to stay in your go file. System Temp only copies the file "sensors.conf".

The labels which are expected are:

CPU Temp

MB Temp

See also the wiki

I just got my temps working on my X9SCM board by following the steps that were made in the SimpleFeatures thread (which I found through google).

I am reposing the instructions I found in case anyone else is having the same issue I'm having.

Thx to dmacias and switchblade i got my temp readings working on x9scm-f with core i3 2120T cpu.

My go file addition:

modprobe w83627ehf
cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d
cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors3.conf

My /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf file:

chip "w83627ehf-*" "w83627dhg-*" "w83667hg-*" "nct6775-*" "nct6776-*"

label in0 "Vcore"
    label in2 "AVCC"
    label in3 "+3.3V"
    label in7 "3VSB"
    label in8 "Vbat"
    label temp2 "CPU Temp"
    label temp1 "MB Temp"

set in2_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in2_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in3_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in3_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in7_min  3.3 * 0.90
    set in7_max  3.3 * 1.10
    set in8_min  3.0 * 0.90
    set in8_max  3.3 * 1.10

SF now shows the correct temp readings. Great :)

I have a Xeon CPU, but this process worked just the same for me.

Hopefully this helps someone else :)

Just installed Dynamix, looking good. I'm not so sure about the tabs-within-tabs setup though. Tabs in a gui are usually not nested within another tabstructure. Also, when e.g. selecting an item from the 'unplugged' tab, which is basically a subset from the dynamic tabs, the dynamix tabs dissapear? why? One would expect a third row of tabs...

And the fact that the 'original' tabs are dark grey, and the 'dynamix' tabs are different shape and different color, makes thing a bit overcomplicated imho. It's not very clear to which selected 'unraid' tab, the subset of 'dynamix'  tabs belong. There is no uniformity in tabs. Maybe make all tabs look the same?

I think the additional 'dynamix' tabs make the gui less ergonomic and less accessable. There is not enough material/info to justify the mechanism (yet).

I do like the stats and temp plugin :) 

Also, on the iPad 2 the screens dont fit... (1024x768). They are too wide, you can not see the right most part, from where the temps are. Make the gui scalable, depending on screen/browsersize, not fixed.

OK.  I had some time this morning.  I used the Dynamix plugin controller to remove all of the plugins (except for the plugin controller--- That's how I removed the plugins).  The problem is still there.  I tried it on my netbook which has a pure virgin install of Firefox (never took the time to install anything on it or customize it since I only use the netbook on trips and then I spend as little time as possible on a hotel WiFi connection).  The problem is still there.  As soon as I stop the array, the 'cache Drive' tab appears and the focus changes to the cache drive tab which is blank because I don't have a cache drive and no drive available to assign as a cache drive.  (Plus, this is the 'free' version and a cache drive is not permitted.) 

I also have tried MSIE and the problem is also there on that browser.  I don't have an install of Chrome so I can't try that one. 

You have indicated that you don't see this issue.  I have it on three different computers and I know that another person reported the same issue ( sgibbers17 in Reply# 165 of this thread). 

Can you do the following.

Telnet into your server and edit the file CacheDevice.page

cd /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui

mcedit CacheDevice.page

Change the line:

Cond="((isset($disks['cache']))||($var['fsState']=='Stopped'))"

into

Cond="isset($disks['cache'])"

Refresh your browser page and redo your actions. Thanks for testing.

Can you do the following.

Telnet into your server and edit the file CacheDevice.page

cd /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui

mcedit CacheDevice.page

Change the line:

Cond="((isset($disks['cache']))||($var['fsState']=='Stopped'))"

into

Cond="isset($disks['cache'])"

Refresh your browser page and redo your actions. Thanks for testing.

That worked.  It fixed the problem with the tab after stopping the array.  If it does not cause other issues, I assume you will have to make the change permanent as I seem to remember that file location is actually in RAM.  (Note to others who read this. If it is in RAM, the change will be lost on reboot.)

I did try out some other functions and everything seemed to work.  By the way, I appreciate the color change for the spun-up and spun-down disk icons.  It really helped. Now I can easily tell which of the disks are spun up!!!

• Squid locked this topic