• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you need to load this module

modprobe w83627ehf

//Peter

Thank you Peter.  I gave it a shot, but unfortunately this is the response I got:

root@UNRAID:~# modprobe w83627ehf
FATAL: Error inserting w83627ehf (/lib/modules/3.9.11p-unRAID/kernel/drivers/hwmon/w83627ehf.ko): No such device

It looks like the code for this driver is available: https://github.com/groeck/nct6775/.  Is it possible to install this on my server, or does this need to be integrated by Tom?

i have this , and it works , I have discussion with Tom about this, and he told me to use w83627ehf. But for you is it not  working, so ask Tom what can be done.

What version are you on ?

modprobe w83627ehf

Driver `coretemp':
  * Chip `Intel digital thermal sensor' (confidence: 9)

Driver `nct6775':
  * ISA bus, address 0x290
    Chip `Nuvoton NCT5577D/NCT6776F Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Warning: the required module nct6775 is not currently installed
on your system. If it is built into the kernel then it's OK.
Otherwise, check http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for
driver availability.

like the new look, took a second to figure out how everything was laid out. but i like it.

one thing im missing is i cant find where the settings are for plugins: sab, sick and couch? I see my ones for apc and plex. I did have a hiccup earlier in my server so maybe i messed something up. but the services are running just no setting icons

I have loaded the following plugins:

WebGUI

Plugin control

System Stats

Disk Health

Email Notify

Whenever I boot the system the only plugin that loads is the WebGUI.  In looking at the syslog all plugins attempt to install, but the last to load is the WebGUI.  Since all the other plugins are dependent on the WebGUI plugin, they fail to install because they all attempt to install BEFORE the WebGUI plugin loads.  They appear to be loading in alphabetical order, hence WebGUI being last. 

How do I correct this?  I could obviously change the name of the WebGUI plugin to make it first, but I assume that would lead to problems with updating, among other things.

I have loaded the following plugins:

WebGUI

Plugin control

System Stats

Disk Health

Email Notify

Whenever I boot the system the only plugin that loads is the WebGUI.  In looking at the syslog all plugins attempt to install, but the last to load is the WebGUI.  Since all the other plugins are dependent on the WebGUI plugin, they fail to install because they all attempt to install BEFORE the WebGUI plugin loads.  They appear to be loading in alphabetical order, hence WebGUI being last. 

How do I correct this?  I could obviously change the name of the WebGUI plugin to make it first, but I assume that would lead to problems with updating, among other things.

Best guess at this point is that you have installed them in the wrong directories. 

Go to the Dynamix site (Link is in the first post of this thread).

i have this , and it works , I have discussion with Tom about this, and he told me to use w83627ehf. But for you is it not  working, so ask Tom what can be done.

What version are you on ?

Hmm.  Strange.  I am running the same version as you (5.0.4) and from what you showed about your system it would seem to me that your advice should work for me too.  I don't know what to think at the moment.

like the new look, took a second to figure out how everything was laid out. but i like it.

one thing im missing is i cant find where the settings are for plugins: sab, sick and couch? I see my ones for apc and plex. I did have a hiccup earlier in my server so maybe i messed something up. but the services are running just no setting icons

Reboot your system :)

and there will be a new tab with the unplugged plugins

didn't figure out a way yet to show those back after installing the first time with installplg 

The first installation of the Dynamix webGui erases completely the directory which holds the stock or enhanced Limetech webGui. Any plugins which install web pages in this directory will get lost until a reboot.

Plugins which install their web information in a dedicated directory (the better approach) are not affected and stay visible after the first install of Dynamix.

You are probably a victim of the excessive use of tabs within tabs within tabs... which makes things less transparent sadly enough.

You are probably a victim of the excessive use of tabs within tabs within tabs... which makes things less transparent sadly enough.

Sadly I have to agree. It's the author's design choice, so it is what it is, but I find the interface to be more confusing (and requiring more clicks) than necessary. That said, it's still a million times better than the stock webGUI.

It is like wine ... it needs to ripe to make it a better product  :)

Sure I read and listen to the feedback, and when it turns out things don't work as expected, hey - they can be changed.

At the moment I am doing point updates and at the speed of a Formula 1 racecar, as compared to the other webGui's.

Hi bonien!!  First TAHNKS for all the great work with Dynamix!! it is Great!!  I know the tabs approach is a good one, BUT for the main page I would like to have all the options in one page!! I said this because I 90% of time I use my iphone to sleep the server manually!!  With the old design I could get to see how full are disk and more important the temperatures!! I live in Puerto Rico and in here it is very warm and hot!! and I always but to sleep the array when not in use to not overheat the drives!!!!  Like I said being a iPhone user the tabs are very small and is easily missed by my finger!!!  I know you are doing this on spare time and I THANK YOU for all your effort and contributions to this community!! But not everyone is using a computer to get to the GUI and for the MAIN page the tabs are just to small and don't have all the information I need!!  Thanks again for your time and Support!!

ariel

Sadly I have to agree. It's the author's design choice, so it is what it is, but I find the interface to be more confusing (and requiring more clicks) than necessary. That said, it's still a million times better than the stock webGUI.

The stock gui is something that belongs in the late 80's ;)

But limetechs own webgui project looks the business as well. It looks like dynamix, but without the tabs-within-tabs-within-tabs. But also without the shiny stats,temp, cache, webserver plugins etc...

hey all

I need some help please looking to get the sensors working in the dynamix gui but am a bit lost..

http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations/SuperMicro

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=3448.0

any help would be appreciated.. ;D

Did you consult the wiki already ?

Note that the script looks for these names:

CPU Temp

MB Temp

Make sure you have labels with these names above.

I am sorry if this comes across the wrong way, but I am just wondering if there is a way to install the optional Dynamix plug-ins without the Dynamix Web GUI. I encountered a particular problem which I think is unsafe - when you have an unformatted disk/disks in the system, the webgui prompts you to start the array and format unformatted disks. However, with the tabs-in-tabs arrangement, you can't see which disks are coming up as unformatted on the same screen. I fear this could cause an accident sooner or later and wipe a whole disk.

On the other hand, my system NEEDS the other Dynamix plug-ins. I definitely appreciate the work that has gone into these. How dependent are the optional plug-ins on the webgui? Could they be installed in such a way that you had the stock/upgraded GUI but with a Dynamix tab for the Dynamix plug-ins?

I am sorry if this comes across the wrong way, but I am just wondering if there is a way to install the optional Dynamix plug-ins without the Dynamix Web GUI. I encountered a particular problem which I think is unsafe - when you have an unformatted disk/disks in the system, the webgui prompts you to start the array and format unformatted disks. However, with the tabs-in-tabs arrangement, you can't see which disks are coming up as unformatted on the same screen. I fear this could cause an accident sooner or later and wipe a whole disk.

On the other hand, my system NEEDS the other Dynamix plug-ins. I definitely appreciate the work that has gone into these. How dependent are the optional plug-ins on the webgui? Could they be installed in such a way that you had the stock/upgraded GUI but with a Dynamix tab for the Dynamix plug-ins?

The short answer is NO.

The long answer

The webGui creates a framework which is used by the other plugins to function correctly. For example a number of libraries and scripts are loaded with the webGui to make certain functionality available. Also an API is used by the plugins to read/write configuration settings - if required of course. All-in-all there are many dependencies required which are not available in the stock webGui.

A warning can be added though to check the device list before executing the format function ...

I think some may be misunderstanding how to use the tabs. Bonienl mentioned it briefly in one post on this thread but everyone keeps talking about extra clicks.

When you are Done with a page, instead of clicking a tab and wishing it would take you back to the same sub-tab you were on, just click on the Done button on the page and it WILL take you back to the same sub-tab you were on.

I think some may be misunderstanding how to use the tabs. Bonienl mentioned it briefly in one post on this thread but everyone keeps talking about extra clicks.

When you are Done with a page, instead of clicking a tab and wishing it would take you back to the same sub-tab you were on, just click on the Done button on the page and it WILL take you back to the same sub-tab you were on.

DOH! That does work. ::)

Settings -> SMTP Settings

There is no "Done" button on this page.

• Squid locked this topic