Dynamix - Web GUI

I think some may be misunderstanding how to use the tabs. Bonienl mentioned it briefly in one post on this thread but everyone keeps talking about extra clicks.

When you are Done with a page, instead of clicking a tab and wishing it would take you back to the same sub-tab you were on, just click on the Done button on the page and it WILL take you back to the same sub-tab you were on.

Settings -> SMTP Settings

There is no "Done" button on this page.

There is a DONE button on the Email settings page.

The intended way of using the email set up is to go first to the SMTP settings and do a test to see your email distribution is working correctly, this is supposed to be a one thing off, and then second switch back to the Email settings tab and configure the conditions for the email notifications, these may change as you desire amd you can revisit as many times as needed. And press DONE.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey all

I need some help please looking to get the sensors working in the dynamix gui but am a bit lost..

http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations/SuperMicro

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=3448.0

any help would be appreciated.. ;D

Did you consult the wiki already ?

Note that the script looks for these names:

CPU Temp

MB Temp

Make sure you have labels with these names above.

:-[ I am sorry for wasting your time

the only place I did not look was the UNraid wiki and honestly that was the first place to start  :o

But limetechs own webgui project looks the business as well.

The Limetech webGui is a fork of SimpleFeatures, it has a scaled-down features profile (a number of things were taken out), I suppose to keep closer to the original features as offered by the stock GUI.

Sadly - to use the favorite word - no further development has been done for the past 6 months. And truthfully the Limetech webGui is several steps behind ... but Tom has announced he is (still) working on it.

The Limetech webGui is a fork of SimpleFeatures, it has a scaled-down features profile (a number of things were taken out), I suppose to keep closer to the original features as offered by the stock GUI.

I know. Still, i prefer the basic Limetech/SF gui over Dynamix, due to the tabs-within-tabs-within tabs. It's not a matter of taste, or getting used to, it's just not supposed to work like that. It's a serious usability/design error. No professional gui will ever work like this. I can't understand that you don't see that.

If you would make your tabscheme optional, e.g. choose between a tabbed gui or the standard tabs-with-rows, like SF and LimeGui, i'll use Dynamix.

I know. Still, i prefer the basic Limetech/SF gui over Dynamix, due to the tabs-within-tabs-within tabs. It's not a matter of taste, or getting used to, it's just not supposed to work like that. It's a serious usability/design error. No professional gui will ever work like this. I can't understand that you don't see that.

If you would make your tabscheme optional, e.g. choose between a tabbed gui or the standard tabs-with-rows, like SF and LimeGui, i'll use Dynamix.

As I said before - if it doesn't work for you, use the alternatives - there is no need to keep telling/asking me to change the current design.

Boniel, I respectfully agree with Jowi... from a design perspective, there is no need to divide the thing into so many tabs/categories, considering how much available real estate there is on a computer browser's screen. If you were using it on a phone browser, I would understand. I tried both and I personally prefer less tabs within tabs. I really like what you have done, but IMHO this aspect makes it unnecessarily confusing... considering that I go into my unRAID screen very rarely.

As I said before - if it doesn't work for you, use the alternatives - there is no need to keep telling/asking me to change the current design.

Bonienl and others offer their services with no compensation to help enhance the unRaid product.  Based on the professionalism I see in Dynamix, I'd say bonienl knows what he is doing and is doing an excellent job.  Continuing to hammer him on a feature you may not appreciate does nothing to further the cause of enhancing unRaid.  As he said, if you don't appreciate the features he has built into Dynamix, find an alternative that does things the way you want.

Bonienl - keep up the good work.  Dynamix is an excellent enhancement to unRaid and I like it just fine the way it is.

Dude, don't know how many times you've repeated yourself.  Everyone knows you hate the tabs within tabs, we got it; now that we all knot this, can you let it go?

Thanks

Have I found a bug? 

I have 3 servers and on the first 2 I don't have the disks loaded up in sequence,  Disk1-Disk9 are full and Disk20-Disk23 are full, leaving the middle disks empty.  This results in a blank Dynamix stats screen.  My third system is only a test system with only 2 disks and no parity, and it works fine.

Ct83z3w.png

I definitely can't please everyone.

People may put their opinion (preferably with solution how to improve) but there is no need to keep repeating the same complaint over and over again. I  DO READ  ;)

I apologize for not having read the entire thread, and not knowing this was discussed before.... Based on this, please ignore my post above... Because I came late into the conversation, I thought this was "open for discussion/feedback". Sorry.

:-[  :-[  :-[

Have I found a bug? 

It definitely looks like it  ;)

Can you post the information about your disks array variable. See Utils -> Vars.

[disks] => Array
        (
            [parity] => Array

Perhaps easiest to copy and paste the information in a text file and put it as attachment.

Thanks for testing.

UnMenu handles skipped disks better than dynamix see below...  Although Dynamix handles it the same way Tom does.  Lots of blank lines if you skip disks.  unMenu's cleaner approach works for me.

Dynamix does indeed have the same logic as the standard webGui, though skipping 'empty' slots makes more sense.

See my request to your STATS observation to get the disks info, and I can make this look 'prettier' as well.

Thanks for testing.

It seems I have started loosing my network stats after a a couple hours of use....graph just sits at zero & can't seem to get them to return unless I reboot unraid. Looked through the logs and it seems there is nothing there....

Can you post a screenshot ...

Bonienl and others offer their services with no compensation to help enhance the unRaid product.  Based on the professionalism I see in Dynamix, I'd say bonienl knows what he is doing and is doing an excellent job.  Continuing to hammer him on a feature you may not appreciate does nothing to further the cause of enhancing unRaid.  As he said, if you don't appreciate the features he has built into Dynamix, find an alternative that does things the way you want.

Bonienl - keep up the good work.  Dynamix is an excellent enhancement to unRaid and I like it just fine the way it is.

+1

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Hi Bonienl,

I've been using Dynamix for a few days now, awesome work on getting a full featured GUI, plugin manager, and some esential plugins going.

I'd been using the new WebGui since Simple Features broke with v5, and it's great to have lots of the stuff I got used to back.  A trivial thing to mention; especially getting rid of the blinking lights, sometimes it's the little things.

Coincidentally I'm having the same issues as both tr0910 (individual disk stats missing due to gaps in disk assignment) and clowrym (network stats flat-line).

I've attached the info you asked for.

On the network stats issue; I checked the System Log and there's nothing for hours either side of the point where to "zeroed", other than a few disk spin-downs.

I use an Intel I350T2 NIC with dual ports, and one thing about my setup that's probably slightly out of the ordinary is that I have bonding enabled in balance-rd (0) mode.

Another general thing I've noticed is on various settings pages (e.g. the Network Setting page) in Safari (v7.0.1) when input is disabled for a text box (aka "greyed out") the text is unreadable, as it's white text on light-grey background. On Firefox it looks ok (dark-grey text on light-grey background), but could still have a bit more contrast IMO.

Again thanks for doing this for the community.

Cheers,

Tyler

disk_stats.jpg.b6bbed9cb761e085fbf77ff22a095a07.jpg

system_stats.jpg.7ba507bb4be3cb5090ccda179c319b34.jpg

disk_vars.txt

I've been using Dynamix for a few days now, awesome work on getting a full featured GUI, plugin manager, and some esential plugins going.

I'd been using the new WebGui since Simple Features broke with v5, and it's great to have lots of the stuff I got used to back.  A trivial thing to mention; especially getting rid of the blinking lights, sometimes it's the little things.

It's called eye for detail :)

Coincidentally I'm having the same issues as both tr0910 (individual disk stats missing due to gaps in disk assignment) and clowrym (network stats flat-line).

I've attached the info you asked for.

Thanks for including the information. It helps me making corrections.

The missing disk stats is solved and will be included in the next version.

On the network stats issue; I checked the System Log and there's nothing for hours either side of the point where to "zeroed", other than a few disk spin-downs.

I use an Intel I350T2 NIC with dual ports, and one thing about my setup that's probably slightly out of the ordinary is that I have bonding enabled in balance-rd (0) mode.

I am using bonding mode too, though in a different setup as yours, I have it configured in adaptive load balancing mode - balance alb (6) mode, and graphs are working fine.

Can you telnet into your system and do the following:

sar -n DEV

This shows the output of the collector program running in the background. Let me know the result.

Another general thing I've noticed is on various settings pages (e.g. the Network Setting page) in Safari (v7.0.1) when input is disabled for a text box (aka "greyed out") the text is unreadable, as it's white text on light-grey background. On Firefox it looks ok (dark-grey text on light-grey background), but could still have a bit more contrast IMO.

I see if the contrast can be made higher for Safari, it isn't my main browser so not immediately spotted by me.

Thanks for testing.

Thanks for including the information. It helps me making corrections.

The missing disk stats is solved and will be included in the next version.

No problem. Thanks!

Can you telnet into your system and do the following:

sar -n DEV

This shows the output of the collector program running in the background. Let me know the result.

See attached.

Seems there's no data for either the total number of kilobytes received/transmitted. Don't know enough about the sar command to know what to make of that.

I'd bet if I reboot it'll start working again for a while at least, but I'll wait for the time being incase you need any other data/info.

I see if the contrast can be made higher for Safari, it isn't my main browser so not immediately spotted by me.

Thanks for testing.

Thanks for looking into it.

Should have also mentioned the issue is even more noticeable on Safari for iOS, and I'd guess that there're probably more users accessing via the iOS version.

Safari's on Mac is my main browser, as IMO at the moment the others just feel like slow battery hogs on Mavericks in comparison.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Tyler

Net_Stats_Output.zip

Thanks Tyler,

Need your help once more ....

Like to get the output of

sadf -d -- -n DEV

Thanks for helping out!

I believe I have found the reason for the non-display of network stats after a certain period of time. To fix it a new version of SYSSTAT is required, I am currently testing it internally and all looks fine. Expect a version update soon.

• Squid locked this topic