[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Made more progress on the MediaBrowser plugin.  It's up and stable now, next release by the dev will start using versioned files so once that is hosted, I should be able to finish the plugin (finally).

Thats great!  Especially since my docker has stopped working.  Ive gone back to Windows.

I use btsync to synchronize files from several sources to my unraid box. For example, I create a folder, work_docs (/mnt/user/backup/work_docs), in my unraid server via btysnc gui, and then I copy the "read+write Key" and paste it to the btsync app on the pc where my work docs exist. In this case my documents folder in Windows. All the files eventually upload to the unraid server and is synced. I also have the option to sync another work pc with the same files using the same read+write key.

My iphone and android devices also have btsync apps installed and I sync all my photos to my unraid server as well, they all have different folders on unraid: /mnt/user/backup/iphone

I only use btsync to back up docs and photos. Presently I have up to 10 pc's and devices syncing to my unraid.

http://www.getsync.com/

When you need to get the KEY/SECRET how do you do so currently?  Would it be beneficial to be able to get one generated from the plugin gui?

Scratch this, its all available in the webui.

Hi Everyone,

BTSync initial release has been added to the first page. Give it a try and let me know if everything is working as expected or if i need to update/change anything.

You can enable SSL on this plugin, but to add custom certificates, simply edit the config.conf file located in your config directory. It uses this config file when launching the daemon.  Hopefully it's bug free. :)

-=PhAzE=-

Hello again everyone! 

MediaBrowser 3 BETA plugin is available now on the first page.  Keep in mind this is a BETA plugin, meaning that while it works now, the dev could still be making changes to where files are hosted that could break how this plugin downloads the app. It's not likely, but i'm also in contact with the dev still in case changes like that happen, i'll then update the plugin to match.

So, with that in mind, give it a try!  First boot may take a little as there are a bunch of dependencies being downloaded (like mono) and ffmpeg after it starts. Once those are downloaded though the next boot will be significantly faster.

If you come across any bugs, feel free to update the DEV so he can make patches, over on the mediabrowser forums. Enjoy!

-=PhAzE=-

Hi,

I was having some trouble with my old UnRAID (5.0.5) install and ended up starting fresh. The first thing I'm trying to get up is PLEX. I used to use the old plugin, but was having lots of trouble getting it to work. I have installed this plug in and everything went well. However, when I attempt to access from the plex.tv web page the UnRAID server does not show up. It seems that I am having problem as the user a few pages ago. The attachment is a pic of the settings page and the plex web interface.

Plex-2.jpg.30a0c71b59dc8f689e416ab5e408b327.jpg

Hi,

I was having some trouble with my old UnRAID (5.0.5) install and ended up starting fresh. The first thing I'm trying to get up is PLEX. I used to use the old plugin, but was having lots of trouble getting it to work. I have installed this plug in and everything went well. However, when I attempt to access from the plex.tv web page the UnRAID server does not show up. It seems that I am having problem as the user a few pages ago. The attachment is a pic of the settings page and the plex web interface.

Typically it's better to leave the run as user set to 'nobody'.

Next, click on the word "RUNNING" and it should open the page to your server. From there you just need to look int eh configuration to make sure its connected to an outside port.

Settings -> Server -> Connect

You need to be signed in, and the port needs to be mapped.

Hi,

Typically it's better to leave the run as user set to 'nobody'.

Next, click on the word "RUNNING" and it should open the page to your server. From there you just need to look int eh configuration to make sure its connected to an outside port.

Settings -> Server -> Connect

You need to be signed in, and the port needs to be mapped.

I originally had it set to 'nobody' but that wasn't working either. What ended up working, before I saw your reply, was accessing the setup page directly on the server (http://tower:32400/web/index.html#!/dashboard) this allowed me to get it up and running.

Thanks for help.

Hello again everyone! 

MediaBrowser 3 BETA plugin is available now on the first page.  Keep in mind this is a BETA plugin, meaning that while it works now, the dev could still be making changes to where files are hosted that could break how this plugin downloads the app. It's not likely, but i'm also in contact with the dev still in case changes like that happen, i'll then update the plugin to match.

So, with that in mind, give it a try!  First boot may take a little as there are a bunch of dependencies being downloaded (like mono) and ffmpeg after it starts. Once those are downloaded though the next boot will be significantly faster.

If you come across any bugs, feel free to update the DEV so he can make patches, over on the mediabrowser forums. Enjoy!

-=PhAzE=-

Great work getting it ready to run.

I have a problem when trying to install it.

I have it setup so that it install to /usr/local/mb3server , config is going here /mnt/cache/appdata/mediabrowser and all my other dir's on another drive

When i try to enable and install the plg i get the error below, this is on 5.0.5

The /usr/local/mb3server folder is empty

Any ideas?

Oct 7 11:33:53 Lion sudo: root : TTY=console ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/mono-service /usr/local/mb3server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -d:/usr/local/mb3server -l:/var/run/mb3server/mb3server.lock
Oct 7 11:33:53 Lion mono: /usr/local/mb3server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe: Could not find assembly /usr/local/mb3server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

EDIT: I have just tried this on the latest 6 beta and i get the error below, same as above.

Oct 7 14:29:11 Tower sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/mono-service /usr/local/mb3server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -d:/usr/local/mb3server -l:/var/run/mb3server/mb3server.lock
Oct 7 14:29:12 Tower mono: /usr/local/mb3server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe: Could not find assembly /usr/local/mb3server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

Delete the media browser zip in your packages folder. This plugin doesn't yet check md5 hash so it's likely a bad download. After its deleted, reboot.

tried on both 5.0.5 and 6b9 deleted the zip file, rebooted and the same happens, the zip file comes back is empty just like when i deleted it

I really would like to thank you for all the plugins and hard work. Works great for me so far!

I have a small question regarding NZBDrone though. Is there any way to get it to move the completed files within the cache drive? SABnzbd is downloading to a folder on my cache drive and nzbdrone will COPY the file not MOVE it, which makes it use a lot more resources than needed. Sickbeard did not have this issue....

Hi PhAzE,

Firstly, let me say thank you for the amazing work you do; it's greatly appreciated!!!

Hoping you wouldn't mind a question:

I recently update my plex plugin to 1.5.2, and all seems well with that. I then decided to switch to the Plex Pass branch, because I snagged a lifetime pass before the pricing changed. After switching, I am seeing a "Unable to login to Plex Pass with above credentials." message below the credential input boxes. The funny part is that, when I entered the credentials, and applied them, it seems to have worked because it upgraded me to the most current, Plex Pass only, branch (0.9.10.3.665-c9109e2).

Is that error false? I DO have special characters in my Plex Pass password, but I believe you had added support for that in 1.5.2? I know the credentials are correct, because I immediately tried them on the plex.tv site and they worked properly.  :)

On a related note, I am also seeing an option to "Uprade" to the older, public version under the stop / restart buttons on the plugin page. Not sure if that is intended behaviour, or not? Doesn't bother me, just thought I'd mention it.

I did read through the thread, but didn't see anything that stuck out to try. I am on UnRAID 5.0.4 if that matters...

Thanks for any pointers / help you may be able to provide!

Cheers,

Riker

I really would like to thank you for all the plugins and hard work. Works great for me so far!

I have a small question regarding NZBDrone though. Is there any way to get it to move the completed files within the cache drive? SABnzbd is downloading to a folder on my cache drive and nzbdrone will COPY the file not MOVE it, which makes it use a lot more resources than needed. Sickbeard did not have this issue....

It should have an option in the settings for that, but I was pretty sure it moves it by default. I know mine moves them (try setting permissions to 777 on downloaded files either in sab or drone).

Hi PhAzE,

Firstly, let me say thank you for the amazing work you do; it's greatly appreciated!!!

Hoping you wouldn't mind a question:

I recently update my plex plugin to 1.5.2, and all seems well with that. I then decided to switch to the Plex Pass branch, because I snagged a lifetime pass before the pricing changed. After switching, I am seeing a "Unable to login to Plex Pass with above credentials." message below the credential input boxes. The funny part is that, when I entered the credentials, and applied them, it seems to have worked because it upgraded me to the most current, Plex Pass only, branch (0.9.10.3.665-c9109e2).

Is that error false? I DO have special characters in my Plex Pass password, but I believe you had added support for that in 1.5.2? I know the credentials are correct, because I immediately tried them on the plex.tv site and they worked properly.  :)

On a related note, I am also seeing an option to "Uprade" to the older, public version under the stop / restart buttons on the plugin page. Not sure if that is intended behaviour, or not? Doesn't bother me, just thought I'd mention it.

I did read through the thread, but didn't see anything that stuck out to try. I am on UnRAID 5.0.4 if that matters...

Thanks for any pointers / help you may be able to provide!

Cheers,

Riker

That may be false, what is the special character you're using?  I'll test later on.

Delete the media browser zip in your packages folder. This plugin doesn't yet check md5 hash so it's likely a bad download. After its deleted, reboot.

tried on both 5.0.5 and 6b9 deleted the zip file, rebooted and the same happens, the zip file comes back is empty just like when i deleted it

I just opened a clean VM of Unraid 6 and had no issues installing it.  Perhaps the problem is with the infozip dependency. I would suggest removing most/all of the files in your /packages folder (since they will be redownloaded) and reboot.  Perhaps leave the mono file there since it's kind of large.  See if that helps.  Before that even, you can go to your console and try "zip --help" to see if the app is working properly. 

It should have an option in the settings for that, but I was pretty sure it moves it by default. I know mine moves them (try setting permissions to 777 on downloaded files either in sab or drone).

Thanks for the answer! I've set it to 777, but still the same issue. Could it be something with the paths? SABnzbd is downloading to:  /mnt/cache/apps/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/tv my series are here: /mnt/user/media/tv/

I am trying to setup the MB3 plugin on 5.05 and everything seemed to go well at first but not it fails with no reason given.

I downloaded the plg file and "installed" that. So all the dependencies were downloaded and I see the plugin in unRAID Settings.

When I go to it it says Status: Not Installed. When I click on the install button it quickly says "installing latest version of media browser" then immediately says "installation failed". The screen refreshes right after that but I didn't see any other text with a reason.

I left the install directory as the default and only changed the config directory.

That may be false, what is the special character you're using?  I'll test later on.

Ah, ok. I have 2 x $ in the password... Thanks very much for investigating. :)

Just to be clear, it shows the error but still logs in and downloads the correct version?

Ah, ok. I have 2 x $ in the password... Thanks very much for investigating. :)

Just to be clear, it shows the error but still logs in and downloads the correct version?

Yes, it shows the error, but it *seems* like it worked because I was on v. 0.9.9.14.531-7eef8c6 before I put in the credentials for the first time, but now it's showing: Installed Version: 0.9.10.3.665-c9109e2. That does appear to be the proper Plex Pass version... Every time I load that page, I get the credential error... So I guess it worked?

Would a screenshot help?

Thanks again!

So, $ is a variable declaration character in bash.  If your password starts with that, i recommend you change it. 

Also, i attempted to change my plex password to start with that and locked out my account (it breaks their website too!).  I suppose they have changed their site to invalidate passwords starting with $.  When I reset my password using that character in the middle, i had no issue on Plex site or in the plugin. Very strange.

So, $ is a variable declaration character in bash.  If your password starts with that, you should change it.  Also, i attempted to change my plex password to start with that and locked out my account (it breaks their website too!) but when I reset my password using that character in the middle, i had no issue. Very strange.

Hmm, the dollars aren't at the start... I can always try and change it, anyhow and see if that resolves it. I really appreciate it!

Riker

I just opened a clean VM of Unraid 6 and had no issues installing it.  Perhaps the problem is with the infozip dependency. I would suggest removing most/all of the files in your /packages folder (since they will be redownloaded) and reboot.  Perhaps leave the mono file there since it's kind of large.  See if that helps.  Before that even, you can go to your console and try "zip --help" to see if the app is working properly.

I did as suggested above but still got the same error.

I decided to remove anythng from my 6b9 box to start fresh and it worked fine.

Next im going to removed all fro the packages folder including mono and reboot and see if that is any better.

I am trying to setup the MB3 plugin on 5.05 and everything seemed to go well at first but not it fails with no reason given.

I downloaded the plg file and "installed" that. So all the dependencies were downloaded and I see the plugin in unRAID Settings.

When I go to it it says Status: Not Installed. When I click on the install button it quickly says "installing latest version of media browser" then immediately says "installation failed". The screen refreshes right after that but I didn't see any other text with a reason.

I left the install directory as the default and only changed the config directory.

This is what im getting as well on my 5.0.5 box