[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

I guess we will never see a phaze version of nzbget? :(

Quite a lot of new functions on the latest version, and am not ready to move to 6.0 with dockers lol.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

pssst.. overbyrn is quietly updating his plugins.

https://github.com/overbyrn/unraid-v6-plugins

Yeah saw that right after posting!  Thing is his previous Dropbox links stopped working, so I decided to check github and saw that. Cant wait :D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I'm setting up a new unraid server with a cache drive, and all the PhAzE plugins.  Thanks PhAzE, I'm a fan :D

Can I request best practice for the following?  It's my first time to install these plugins on a cache drive.

I'm being asked:

Install directory:  I put in /mnt/cache/apps

Config directory:  Please provide best practice  Don't know if it helps that I prefer my unraid to boot up fast.  Don't know if it matters. 

Custom Admin directory:  Please provide best practice

Custom Logs directory:  I believe this can be anywhere

Custom Cache directory:  Please provide best practice

Thanks for the help.

I use the default install directory so that it's a fresh install each reboot, and custom log, admin, and cache folders can be black unless you want them in custom folders.

The config folder needs to be on your cache drive. I use something like /mnt/cache/.appdata/sabnzbd for example. Using the period in that path prevents unraid mover from moving the folder during the night, keeping it on the cache drive

Hello PhAzE, as you mentioned, you use default install directory so that you get a fresh install each reboot.  I followed your instructions.  But where do you copy the sickbeard scripts to?  I'd like to use sabtosickbeard.

My admin, logs, cache directories are all unchecked. 

I'm setting up a new unraid server with a cache drive, and all the PhAzE plugins.  Thanks PhAzE, I'm a fan :D

Can I request best practice for the following?  It's my first time to install these plugins on a cache drive.

I'm being asked:

Install directory:  I put in /mnt/cache/apps

Config directory:  Please provide best practice  Don't know if it helps that I prefer my unraid to boot up fast.  Don't know if it matters. 

Custom Admin directory:  Please provide best practice

Custom Logs directory:  I believe this can be anywhere

Custom Cache directory:  Please provide best practice

Thanks for the help.

I use the default install directory so that it's a fresh install each reboot, and custom log, admin, and cache folders can be black unless you want them in custom folders.

The config folder needs to be on your cache drive. I use something like /mnt/cache/.appdata/sabnzbd for example. Using the period in that path prevents unraid mover from moving the folder during the night, keeping it on the cache drive

Hello PhAzE, as you mentioned, you use default install directory so that you get a fresh install each reboot.  I followed your instructions.  But where do you copy the sickbeard scripts to?  I'd like to use sabtosickbeard.

My admin, logs, cache directories are all unchecked.

You can copy the scripts folder to your cache drive or array, and point SAB to that folder where you store the scripts. It doesn't have to be part of the sickbears install folder. :)

Hi PhAzE,

Fantastic work and many thanks for all this.

Can I ask what do you use to sort out your media, moving films, tv shows, music to different folders and getting subtitles?

I saw FileBot on a Synology server and was extremely impressed. Do you use something similar?

Thanks!

Sure, I use a bunch of things:

- Sabnzbd to download items

- nzbdrone to find and download tv shows via sab

- couchpotato to find and download movies via sab

- headphones to find and download music via sab

- Sabnzbd downloads stuff to a completed folder on my cache drive (since writing to cache drive is faster)

- nzbdrone, headphones, and couchpotato rename and move the items from the completed folder to a movies, music, or tv show share on my array (these shares use cache drive mode)

- at night the mover seamlessly moved my shows / music from the cache drive to the array

- notification is sent to my phone that items are downloaded and ready

That's to collect, to consume:

- plex gets an update from nzbdrone or couchpotato to scan the new folder or item

- I can watch shows from home on my phone or browser anywhere using plex

- subsonic let's me do the same but with my audio

I use a reverse proxy so I can access my apps from my phone (android) using nzb360 or from any browser. I use maraschino as the default page for my reverse proxy so I can get a single page view of what my apps are doing (doesn't support nzbdrone or plex however).

Basically with this setup I can add items from my phone, get a notification that is ready on my phone then watch from phone or all the same steps via browser.

Subtitles are handled by plex entirely.

I use torrents so I am a little bit more limited with built in automation offered by sabnzbd

I also use and love Plex, but the subtitles download is not great with it, I often fail to get a proper match, either getting nothing or an offset that is not tuneable (>10 sec). Filebot does the subtitles matching based on hash and that works a lot better. It also works great for automatic detection of media, and chewed through an old collection of files I got, sorting movies and tv shows in their respective locations.

BTW, Plex works very well at detecting changes in the library, so IMO no need to get the downloaders to notify it.

If one day you decide to plug Filebot in, let me know!

Hey sickbeard is not starting or working.

Total Storage Usage: 25 MB

Install Directory: 25 MB

WARNING: Your config directory does not exist. You likely need to run the program once to create it.

Plugin Version: 1.5.1

Enable Sick-Beard: 

Install directory: 

Config directory:   

Custom Logs directory: 

Custom Cache directory: 

Use SSL: 

Port: 

URL Base: 

Force Update: 

Run as user: 

Repo:    Custom repos may not be compatible with this plugin. Use this option at your own risk!

Branch: 

Show storage memory usage: 

Show data persistency information: 

Which is weird because it was working earlier.

What can I do to fix this please?

/etc/rc.d/rc.sickbeard buttonstart

Starting Sick-Beard: sudo -u nobody python /mnt/cache/Apps/.sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8081 --datadir /usr/local/sickbeard/config --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1

PID not created, application did not start for some reason

Any fixes please?

Don't know why after my unraid restart, my Unraid management page is no longer accessible.  Sab, SB, CP all seems not to be working.  It's not accessible via URL.  But when I use Windows Explorer to take a look at the IP, I can see the shared folders, and all the media files. 

Usually, a reboot will get it back working (for reasons unknown to me).  Now, with 2 reboots, still the same.  Any ideas?

All plugins, SAB, SB, CP installed on /usr/local/.app/*

Hey sickbeard is not starting or working.

Total Storage Usage: 25 MB

Install Directory: 25 MB

WARNING: Your config directory does not exist. You likely need to run the program once to create it.

Plugin Version: 1.5.1

Enable Sick-Beard: 

Install directory: 

Config directory:   

Custom Logs directory: 

Custom Cache directory: 

Use SSL: 

Port: 

URL Base: 

Force Update: 

Run as user: 

Repo:    Custom repos may not be compatible with this plugin. Use this option at your own risk!

Branch: 

Show storage memory usage: 

Show data persistency information: 

Which is weird because it was working earlier.

What can I do to fix this please?

/etc/rc.d/rc.sickbeard buttonstart

Starting Sick-Beard: sudo -u nobody python /mnt/cache/Apps/.sickbeard/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8081 --datadir /usr/local/sickbeard/config --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1

PID not created, application did not start for some reason

Any fixes please?

The error is "WARNING: Your config directory does not exist. You likely need to run the program once to create it". You need to make sure your config folder exists where you have it pointed to in the config page.

Don't know why after my unraid restart, my Unraid management page is no longer accessible.  Sab, SB, CP all seems not to be working.  It's not accessible via URL.  But when I use Windows Explorer to take a look at the IP, I can see the shared folders, and all the media files. 

Usually, a reboot will get it back working (for reasons unknown to me).  Now, with 2 reboots, still the same.  Any ideas?

All plugins, SAB, SB, CP installed on /usr/local/.app/*

When you boot, before you start the array can you reach the management page?  If so, disable all the plugins, start the array, then start the plugins one at a time until you find the offending one. 

I actually had a problem with maraschino recently, where the git clone command wasn't completing and hanging the config page.  I think it was git related though.

Hello Phaze, I've tried disabling them 1 by on.  At times, by disabling CP,  it will go into management page.  But when you re-enable,  it will work ok once again.  On occasion,  it's sickbeard.  Same thing,  upon disabling the plug-in,  it will boot in.  But upon restart after re-enabling the plug-in,  it will work once again.  This happened to me more than once already.

After leaving it for so long, several hours, I return home and all the services are up.  Without me doing anything.  How can I begin troubleshooting this?

I'm also trying to figure it out. It's not a problem with the plugin specifically but a problem with the GIT command. I'm going to see if I can find a newer version to put in the plugin, perhaps that 'may' fix it.

What version of unraid are you running?  6.0 or 5.0.5?

i just rebooted my server after 2 weeks and plex wont install anymore

keeps telling me install fail. i have it configured for plex pass.

anyone having the same issue??

EDIT:

so i tried standard and installed fine. i switched back to plexpass and it went through now.

everything seems to be working fine. that was weird. hmmmm

i just rebooted my server after 2 weeks and plex wont install anymore

keeps telling me install fail. i have it configured for plex pass.

anyone having the same issue??

EDIT:

so i tried standard and installed fine. i switched back to plexpass and it went through now.

everything seems to be working fine. that was weird. hmmmm

plex is the only app plugin I've made that doesn't do an md5 check on the install file because plex website doesn't host the md5 file. Likely you had a bad download, changing to standard would delete the install file from your usb and redownload it. :)

For some reason too, plex downloads tend to be bad downloads like one in ten which is a really high ratio.

Thanks for the plugins.  I'm now using many of them.

I've only had one issue.  I run OpenVPN and when adding the plugins the chk-network script doesn't work.  The issue is that when you awk /^0.0.0.0/, this results in two entries.  One from tun5 and one for eth0.  Then it just hangs.

route -n

Kernel IP routing table

Destination    Gateway        Genmask        Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface

0.0.0.0        xxx.xxx.xxx.1    128.0.0.0      UG    0      0        0 tun5

0.0.0.0        192.168.1.1    0.0.0.0        UG    202    0        0 eth0

127.0.0.0      0.0.0.0        255.0.0.0      U    0      0        0 lo

128.0.0.0      172.20.20.1    128.0.0.0      UG    0      0        0 tun5

172.20.20.0    0.0.0.0        255.255.252.0  U    0      0        0 tun5

192.168.1.0    0.0.0.0        255.255.255.0  U    0      0        0 eth0

192.168.1.0    0.0.0.0        255.255.255.0  U    202    0        0 eth0

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  192.168.1.1    255.255.255.255 UGH  0      0        0 eth0

so the result is:

xxx.xxx.xxx.1

For my simple hack to get it working I just set TIMER=0, make the awk not find anything and it merry continues after stating no network communication.

I'm not sure what this is checking for, since it continues even after determining there is no network.

Just thought I'd let you know.  I've not rebooted yet, so I'm not sure what will happen when they all install automatically.  I guess if openVPN installs last then everything should work fine, otherwise there may be trouble.

Great plugins,

david

Thanks for the plugins.  I'm now using many of them.

I've only had one issue.  I run OpenVPN and when adding the plugins the chk-network script doesn't work.  The issue is that when you awk /^0.0.0.0/, this results in two entries.  One from tun5 and one for eth0.  Then it just hangs.

route -n

Kernel IP routing table

Destination    Gateway        Genmask        Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface

0.0.0.0        xxx.xxx.xxx.1    128.0.0.0      UG    0      0        0 tun5

0.0.0.0        192.168.1.1    0.0.0.0        UG    202    0        0 eth0

127.0.0.0      0.0.0.0        255.0.0.0      U    0      0        0 lo

128.0.0.0      172.20.20.1    128.0.0.0      UG    0      0        0 tun5

172.20.20.0    0.0.0.0        255.255.252.0  U    0      0        0 tun5

192.168.1.0    0.0.0.0        255.255.255.0  U    0      0        0 eth0

192.168.1.0    0.0.0.0        255.255.255.0  U    202    0        0 eth0

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  192.168.1.1    255.255.255.255 UGH  0      0        0 eth0

so the result is:

xxx.xxx.xxx.1

For my simple hack to get it working I just set TIMER=0, make the awk not find anything and it merry continues after stating no network communication.

I'm not sure what this is checking for, since it continues even after determining there is no network.

Just thought I'd let you know.  I've not rebooted yet, so I'm not sure what will happen when they all install automatically.  I guess if openVPN installs last then everything should work fine, otherwise there may be trouble.

Great plugins,

david

It's actually used as a delay until the network comes up since some users had no network connectivity before the plugin started trying to download the dependency files. If it finds network connection it skips the delay. If it's hanging I'll try to find a way to get it to ignore entries with the word "tun" in it. Or would it be better to ignore "eth" if "tun" is found?