[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

I am looking in \\192.168.1.49\appdata\plex\Library\Plex Media Server\Logs

but I dont see anything that is modified at the time of going to press (when I press the start PMS button from Web UI, that is ! :) )

There is another sub folder called PMS Plugin logs and the last logs in that folder are also over a month old when Plex last worked.

I don't know if it could be related but my server conked due to a power failure around a month back. Then after restarting the server would not be accessible from the network whenever parity check was performed. I just recently managed (~2 days ago) to get things under control and complete a parity check without the server going offline. And since then PMS wont start.

Is possible you have corruption at the kernel level. You could try to reinstall the same version of unraid over itself (like extract the install zip on the USB stick again).

Also what are you using for the install and config directories? Are you also running the latest version of the Plex plugin?

Install is in the plugins folder. Library and temp are on cache disk. Plugin is latest version. The plugin updates fine from web UI. Just won't install/ start service. I will try reinstalling the installation files like you suggest. Thanks so far!

EDIT: Sorry, install is in usr/local/plexmediaserver  <- something amiss here?

Install is in the plugins folder. Library and temp are on cache disk. Plugin is latest version. The plugin updates fine from web UI. Just won't install/ start service. I will try reinstalling the installation files like you suggest. Thanks so far!

EDIT: Sorry, install is in usr/local/plexmediaserver  <- something amiss here?

Is it usr/local/plexmediaserver or /usr/local/plexmediaserver? (Makes a difference)

Otherwise it looks OK. 

You should rename your temp directory and library directory on the hard drive to something else to test, then delete the plex install file in your usb/packages folder, then reboot the server and try to install and run it again. It will start up fresh but then you can at least rule out if it's a corrupted database preventing it from starting.

A slightly off topic question, but has anyone put together a package for installing makemkvcon?  I am trying to batch convert a load of ISOs into MKVs and would rather perform this directly on the server, instead of offloading them to my laptop.  I did find a makemkv package but the dependencies weren't included... maybe I should dig a little deeper ;D

im trying to do some trouble shooting with markus101 from NZBDrone and i require access to another branch (other than master and develop) how would i go about getting access to this other branch?

I only see master and develop on the repo he hosts from. If you need another release, you'd have to speak with Markus but you can manually extract that version into your install directory and my plugin will control it.  Just... it will say there is an update available to the latest master release, as long as you don't hit "update" it will start and stop it like normal.  You'll have to make sure the install dir is on your physical drive (persistent) if you do not want my plugin to install the master branch again after reboot.

I keep losing access to web interface. I am able to connect via unmenu however. Sorry if this is not in context of the thread. Not sure it could be related to my problems or not.

Your sig says you are still on 5rc10. Is this correct?

How many plugins are you using? 32bit unRAID has long had an issue with killing the webGUI in order to free memory for other processes. Post a syslog.

^^ Sorry about that, I upgraded unRAID but forgot to upgrade my signature.

BTW Plex miraculously started on its own! Well not exactly miraculously, but first I changed from PlexPass to regular user and rebooted. After reboot Plex was running but I couldnt get to the web ui. So i tried accessing the syslog but unraid wasn't logging anything! log was completely empty. So I restarted again. This time Plex web ui was working and so I also enabled Plex Pass and so far everything is fine!

Thanks Phaze for all the help, and for the fabulous plugins!

Hey there I am using your transmission plug-in.

Is there anyway to make the transmission auto-read the settings.jason file every 5 mins or so?

As I am adding torrents to a watch file but the only way they will add in transmission is if I start and stop my  transmission via the webinterface.

Here is my settings incase its needed

{

"alt-speed-down": 50,

"alt-speed-enabled": false,

"alt-speed-time-begin": 0,

"alt-speed-time-day": 0,

"alt-speed-time-enabled": false,

"alt-speed-time-end": 0,

"alt-speed-up": 50,

"bind-address-ipv4": "0.0.0.0",

"bind-address-ipv6": "::",

"blocklist-enabled": false,

"blocklist-url": "",

"cache-size-mb": 4,

"dht-enabled": false,

"download-dir": "/mnt/user/torrents/download",

"download-queue-enabled": true,

"download-queue-size": 5,

"encryption": 1,

"idle-seeding-limit": 30,

"idle-seeding-limit-enabled": false,

"incomplete-dir": "/mnt/user/torrents/download",

"incomplete-dir-enabled": false,

"lazy-bitfield-enabled": true,

"lpd-enabled": false,

"message-level": 2,

"peer-congestion-algorithm": "",

"peer-id-ttl-hours": 6,

"peer-limit-global": 240,

"peer-limit-per-torrent": 60,

"peer-port": 51413,

"peer-port-random-high": 65535,

"peer-port-random-low": 1024,

"peer-port-random-on-start": false,

"peer-socket-tos": "default",

"pex-enabled": false,

"pidfile": "/var/run/transmission/transmission.pid",

"port-forwarding-enabled": true,

"preallocation": 1,

"prefetch-enabled": 1,

"queue-stalled-enabled": true,

"queue-stalled-minutes": 30,

"ratio-limit": 2,

"ratio-limit-enabled": false,

"rename-partial-files": true,

"rpc-authentication-required": false,

"rpc-bind-address": "0.0.0.0",

"rpc-enabled": true,

"rpc-password": "{638398c12462903d0fd783165f34919b920517d4qdHDqARp",

"rpc-port": 9091,

"rpc-url": "/transmission/",

"rpc-username": "",

"rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1",

"rpc-whitelist-enabled": false,

"scrape-paused-torrents-enabled": true,

"script-torrent-done-enabled": false,

"script-torrent-done-filename": "",

"seed-queue-enabled": false,

"seed-queue-size": 10,

"speed-limit-down": 100,

"speed-limit-down-enabled": false,

"speed-limit-up": 100,

"speed-limit-up-enabled": false,

"start-added-torrents": true,

"trash-original-torrent-files": false,

"umask": 18,

"upload-slots-per-torrent": 15,

"utp-enabled": true,

"watch-dir": "/mnt/user/watch",

"watch-dir-enabled": true

}

I am having issues trying to get Plex to start fine with the plugin. I have tried the following:

1. Standard user vs my Plex Pass Account

---No difference, wont start

2. Changing the run-as user

3. Renamed tmp/library directories to start fresh on reboot

---Loads fine, once switch back, fails to start

error:

Aug 8 23:48:01 Hades sudo: root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver/startcfg.sh; /usr/local/plexmediaserver/"Plex Media Server" --version
Aug 8 23:48:01 Hades kernel: Plex Media Serv[18788]: segfault at fffffffc ip b55249ca sp bff19820 error 5 in libstdc++.so.6.0.13[b5491000+e4000]

Any thoughts or more info I need would be appreciated, I really don't want to start fresh and the influencer plugin was handling the library fine, so I assume its not that.

I am having issues trying to get Plex to start fine with the plugin. I have tried the following:

1. Standard user vs my Plex Pass Account

2. Changing the run-as user

3. Renamed tmp/library directories to start fresh on reboot

---Loads fine, once switch back, fails to start

error:

Aug 8 23:48:01 Hades sudo: root : TTY=console ; PWD=/usr/local/emhttp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/bin/bash -c . /boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver/startcfg.sh; /usr/local/plexmediaserver/"Plex Media Server" --version
Aug 8 23:48:01 Hades kernel: Plex Media Serv[18788]: segfault at fffffffc ip b55249ca sp bff19820 error 5 in libstdc++.so.6.0.13[b5491000+e4000]

Any thoughts or more info I need would be appreciated, I really don't want to start fresh and the influencer plugin was handling the library fine, so I assume its not that.

I replied to this in the other thread you posted to. It's a corrupted database and you will need to rescan in your movies and sites from scratch unfortunately. Might have happened by an unclean shutdown.

Hey there I am using your transmission plug-in.

Is there anyway to make the transmission auto-read the settings.jason file every 5 mins or so?

As I am adding torrents to a watch file but the only way they will add in transmission is if I start and stop my  transmission via the webinterface.

Here is my settings incase its needed

{

"alt-speed-down": 50,

"alt-speed-enabled": false,

"alt-speed-time-begin": 0,

"alt-speed-time-day": 0,

"alt-speed-time-enabled": false,

"alt-speed-time-end": 0,

"alt-speed-up": 50,

"bind-address-ipv4": "0.0.0.0",

"bind-address-ipv6": "::",

"blocklist-enabled": false,

"blocklist-url": "",

"cache-size-mb": 4,

"dht-enabled": false,

"download-dir": "/mnt/user/torrents/download",

"download-queue-enabled": true,

"download-queue-size": 5,

"encryption": 1,

"idle-seeding-limit": 30,

"idle-seeding-limit-enabled": false,

"incomplete-dir": "/mnt/user/torrents/download",

"incomplete-dir-enabled": false,

"lazy-bitfield-enabled": true,

"lpd-enabled": false,

"message-level": 2,

"peer-congestion-algorithm": "",

"peer-id-ttl-hours": 6,

"peer-limit-global": 240,

"peer-limit-per-torrent": 60,

"peer-port": 51413,

"peer-port-random-high": 65535,

"peer-port-random-low": 1024,

"peer-port-random-on-start": false,

"peer-socket-tos": "default",

"pex-enabled": false,

"pidfile": "/var/run/transmission/transmission.pid",

"port-forwarding-enabled": true,

"preallocation": 1,

"prefetch-enabled": 1,

"queue-stalled-enabled": true,

"queue-stalled-minutes": 30,

"ratio-limit": 2,

"ratio-limit-enabled": false,

"rename-partial-files": true,

"rpc-authentication-required": false,

"rpc-bind-address": "0.0.0.0",

"rpc-enabled": true,

"rpc-password": "{638398c12462903d0fd783165f34919b920517d4qdHDqARp",

"rpc-port": 9091,

"rpc-url": "/transmission/",

"rpc-username": "",

"rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1",

"rpc-whitelist-enabled": false,

"scrape-paused-torrents-enabled": true,

"script-torrent-done-enabled": false,

"script-torrent-done-filename": "",

"seed-queue-enabled": false,

"seed-queue-size": 10,

"speed-limit-down": 100,

"speed-limit-down-enabled": false,

"speed-limit-up": 100,

"speed-limit-up-enabled": false,

"start-added-torrents": true,

"trash-original-torrent-files": false,

"umask": 18,

"upload-slots-per-torrent": 15,

"utp-enabled": true,

"watch-dir": "/mnt/user/watch",

"watch-dir-enabled": true

}

have a look at this link. Seems to be an issue with transmission causing it not to scan.

/etc/rc.d/rc.couchpotato enable /mnt/cache/.couchpotato /mnt/cache/Apps/couchpotato/config 5050 ! nobody https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer master yes yes

No config file was located or created.

Installing latest version of CouchPotato from https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer...

Cloning into couchpotato...

... Install OK

Starting CouchPotato: sudo -u nobody python /mnt/cache/.couchpotato/CouchPotato.py --data_dir /mnt/cache/Apps/couchpotato/config --daemon --pid_file /var/run/couchpotato/couchpotato.pid

PID not created, application did not start for some reason

... Start Failed

Thats on a first time install of couch potato using the script!

/etc/rc.d/rc.couchpotato enable /mnt/cache/.couchpotato /mnt/cache/Apps/couchpotato/config 5050 ! nobody https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer master yes yes

No config file was located or created.

Installing latest version of CouchPotato from https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer...

Cloning into couchpotato...

... Install OK

Starting CouchPotato: sudo -u nobody python /mnt/cache/.couchpotato/CouchPotato.py --data_dir /mnt/cache/Apps/couchpotato/config --daemon --pid_file /var/run/couchpotato/couchpotato.pid

... Start Failed

Thats on a first time install of couch potato using the script!

what about when you do it from the web GUI? Can you look for a log file in your config folder and see if cp has any error messages on startup?

Hey Phaze.

I am getting the same issue but with NZBDrone:

... Start Failed

I also note that it won't update either, it offers to update the program but after a page refresh the option to update remains.

Can you try seeing run as to nobody and press apply. See if that helps first. Did you have it working previously?

I'm setting up a new unraid server with a cache drive, and all the PhAzE plugins.  Thanks PhAzE, I'm a fan :D

Can I request best practice for the following?  It's my first time to install these plugins on a cache drive.

I'm being asked:

Install directory:  I put in /mnt/cache/apps

Config directory:  Please provide best practice  Don't know if it helps that I prefer my unraid to boot up fast.  Don't know if it matters. 

Custom Admin directory:  Please provide best practice

Custom Logs directory:  I believe this can be anywhere

Custom Cache directory:  Please provide best practice

Thanks for the help.

Hey Phaze.

I am getting the same issue but with NZBDrone:

... Start Failed

I also note that it won't update either, it offers to update the program but after a page refresh the option to update remains.

Can you try seeing run as to nobody and press apply. See if that helps first. Did you have it working previously?

That didn't work and its a first time setup on this specific box.

I'm setting up a new unraid server with a cache drive, and all the PhAzE plugins.  Thanks PhAzE, I'm a fan :D

Can I request best practice for the following?  It's my first time to install these plugins on a cache drive.

I'm being asked:

Install directory:  I put in /mnt/cache/apps

Config directory:  Please provide best practice  Don't know if it helps that I prefer my unraid to boot up fast.  Don't know if it matters. 

Custom Admin directory:  Please provide best practice

Custom Logs directory:  I believe this can be anywhere

Custom Cache directory:  Please provide best practice

Thanks for the help.

I use the default install directory so that it's a fresh install each reboot, and custom log, admin, and cache folders can be black unless you want them in custom folders.

The config folder needs to be on your cache drive. I use something like /mnt/cache/.appdata/sabnzbd for example. Using the period in that path prevents unraid mover from moving the folder during the night, keeping it on the cache drive