[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Dev had changed the number of digits in the version, so my plugin couldn't parse what version was installed, or available online.  Fixed ... for now.

Also, fixed how the plugin parses available online files.  Update the plugin to v1.5.5Beta then try to install now, should work.

Try the solutions under "plugin fails to start" section:

Here

That's the first thing I tried..  I do have unmenu but didn't have the mentioned files to delete.  The other steps I might be a bit confused on?

I've confirmed all but Solution 2 as I didn't understand how to locate if there are dependency errors.

My apologies as well I didn't realize I had two open posts.  My other post specified that I tried the solutions and attached a log. 

Sorry for the mix up of two posts.

That's fine. Make sure in unmenu extra packages, GCC is not set to reinstall. Remove any packages that say GCC from the unmenu GUI, delete everything in the packages folder and reboot. All the needed files will be redownloaded on reboot and hopefully fixes it.

or maybe you have "Show storage memory usage" set to yes, if so, change it to no.

Ah, that was it thank you!

No problem. This happens because Plex stores metadata in many many little files and a 'du' command used to find the file size of the directory takes forever to complete with trends of thousands of little files ;)

FYI: Plex updated again today (Plexpass branch) and I had to delete the .deb in packages for it to install correctly.

OK I have a look, really weird that only Plex is doing that since the other plugins do the same upgrade process.

Also strange that I can upgrade without any issues. I'll change it to download to the temp directory then move it to USB after, perhaps that will help.

Hi there.. I just upgraded from Influencer's plugin to this PMS plugin. It seems to work great, except all my cover art is gone.. I migrated the folders as suggested, and even tried a Force Refresh.. but no dice.

Anyone have and ideas?

your mean it won't download even after a force refresh?

In the plugin GUI, change run as to "root" and hit apply, let it start. It may take a while depending on how large you collection is. After it starts, change it back to "nobody" and let it start again.  That will correct any permission problems, see if that helps.

FYI: Plex updated again today (Plexpass branch) and I had to delete the .deb in packages for it to install correctly.

can you tell me if the new deb had downloaded or was the old one still on your USB before you deleted it?

Yeah, that's the interesting thing. The deb that I have to delete is actually the new one. It just doesn't seem to install unless I delete it.

Next time there's an update I'll set the config to run as "root" and see if that helps, perhaps?

can you tell me if the new deb had downloaded or was the old one still on your USB before you deleted it?

Yeah, that's the interesting thing. The deb that I have to delete is actually the new one. It just doesn't seem to install unless I delete it.

Next time there's an update I'll set the config to run as "root" and see if that helps, perhaps?

ooh, OK, so I know what's happening. Yet another car of a bad download. Since they don't have md5 hashes for their downloads, one the bad one is on the USB my plugin goes "oh, I've already got the latest version downloaded" and proceeds to extract it, failing to do so.

]ooh, OK, so I know what's happening. Yet another car of a bad download. Since they don't have md5 hashes for their downloads, one the bad one is on the USB my plugin goes "oh, I've already got the latest version downloaded" and proceeds to extract it, failing to do so.

Why don't you add an MD5 verification in your plugin with known good values? You would have to push an updated plugin for each version, but it might save a lot of grief.