[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

I have been working with this BitTorrent client for a few days now, and it seems that the primary server is still indexing  - which might be the reason for the (once again) slow transfer rates - but I was wondering if there was a setup guide or an FAQ for using the BitTorrentSync (currently called BTSync). I know I still have question like 'Is it normal for the transfer rates to be low while the main server is still indexing?' or 'Do I need to open any ports  once I take the backup server offsite?' 'How will I manage the backup server offsite?' 'Is it better to share smaller sub-folders or share one massive root folder?'

I'm not sure if there is a guide or a walk-thru on setting up an offsite backup server using BitTorrentSync, but once I learn the answers, I'd be glad to put it together! Also, if you have any suggestions or answers to those questions, please do share!  :D

Well, I decided to do something a bit differently to access the server remotely. I connect to a machine via TeamViewer to a machine on that network. I can completely control the unRAID box from that machine. Regarding BitTorrentSync... no other configuration needed to be done! It works perfectly! Also, after 4 days, the indexing of the 30+ TB folder was completed and started syncing the data at speeds of 20+MB.

The size of the BittoterrntSync files is as follows:

Total Storage Usage: 2276 MB

Install Directory: 1141 MB

Config Directory: 1135 MB

So it seems that it is normal for indexing to take a long time on massive folders.

Thanks for the update! 'BTSync' no longer displays.

Hi,

I just installed the Mediabrowser plugin on the server.

I can see it show up as a source on my TV, but how do I add my movie folders to Mediabrowser?

Is there a tutorial?

I have goggled high and low but I cannot find any...

For the record: I am NOT exactly a wizard with linux and it´s commands  :P

Thanks

/E

Hi,

I can see it show up as a source on my TV, but how do I add my movie folders to Mediabrowser?

Is there a tutorial?

Thanks

/E

You are best off going to the Media Browser forums and looking at the Knowledgebase. http://mediabrowser.tv/community

Once you have installed Media Browser the rest of the configuration is handled via it's web interface.

Phaze,

I updated the plugin yesterday and installed the latest stable release of Media Browser but it crashes immediately on startup. Luke has said that some things have changed recently but he wasn't sure if you incorporated them or not since you didn't respond on the MB forum. Esse seems to have installed it fine so not actually sure if the issue is with the unRAID plugin or some dependency (maybe related to a MB plugin even since it doesn't effect everyone).

Also, it's nice to have the "use beta" option now but shouldn't it be more of an option for "release level" and then it would have dev/beta/release as the options?

Hi,

Is there a tutorial?

Thanks

/E

You are best off going to the Media Browser forums and looking at the Knowledgebase. http://mediabrowser.tv/community

Once you have installed Media Browser the rest of the configuration is handled via it's web interface.

Phaze,

I updated the plugin yesterday and installed the latest stable release of Media Browser but it crashes immediately on startup. Luke has said that some things have changed recently but he wasn't sure if you incorporated them or not since you didn't respond on the MB forum. Esse seems to have installed it fine so not actually sure if the issue is with the unRAID plugin or some dependency (maybe related to a MB plugin even since it doesn't effect everyone).

Also, it's nice to have the "use beta" option now but shouldn't it be more of an option for "release level" and then it would have dev/beta/release as the options?

It's a dependency issue, but I haven't looked at it yet. I've unfortunately got a family member in critical condition at the hospital for the last few weeks so i haven't been on the MB forums or working on the plugins too much lately.  When I get a change i'll have a look.

The hardest part about MB plugin is that everything on Luke's side is still very fluid and changing often. For example, now he doesn't include any of the dependencies, and the naming convention of his releases have changed two or three times already too so my regular expressions have trouble matching when those change. 

Phaze, yea, it's weird that not everyone is effected. That person I replied to a few posts up obviously installed it fine as well. Both of you did clean installations so maybe it's something that's changed but only effects updates?

I'm really shooting in the dark here so I could be completely wrong. For now I modified the plg file to force it to install the previous version but unfortunately I am the developer of the MB Chrome extension and people reported there is an issue with the new version of the server and my plugin that needs to be looked at and I can't even develop at the moment (not to mention the new version of the server fixes the live tv for unRAID/Linux with some additional roundabout stuff).

I think that a lot of the stuff that was fluid before has now been standardized. When you started the plugin I think this was really the first real *nix package. Now there is unRAID, FreeNAS, and a few others so I am sure he isn't making changes to how the packages are built anymore.

If you can get some free time I would appreciate if you can work with Luke to get the unRAID MB plugin working again. I'll also be available to test any scripts you want.

Phaze, yea, it's weird that not everyone is effected. That person I replied to a few posts up obviously installed it fine as well. Both of you did clean installations so maybe it's something that's changed but only effects updates?

I used Phaze's plugin update function to upgrade a running install, and everything is working fine. I'm still on 6b6 though, maybe the unraid version has something to do with it?

I used Phaze's plugin update function to upgrade a running install, and everything is working fine. I'm still on 6b6 though, maybe the unraid version has something to do with it?

I am on 5.0.5 and the plugin for unRAID 5 and 6 are different (although I don't know if the dependency list is any different).

I'm beginning to suspect that it may have something to do with a particular MB plugin but none of them have updated and all run fine with the last version of MB.

"something" is going on but I think it is going to take Phaze and Luke together to find out what that is. Hopefully in the future this will be less of an issue because we are now at least able to run the beta versions of MB from Phaze's plugin so issues like this can be caught before the wider release is pushed.

I did my test on unraid 5.0.5 without issues so it's definately something strange going on that doesn't affect a fresh install. Since you said it crashes on start, can you have a look at the log file for MB to see if there are any errors right at the end of the file?

Once the error is located I can work to fix it with Luke but without being able to reproduce the problem I'll need to rely on your logs to track it down.

Can you perhaps send your log file in a pm to me?

Hi,

Is there a tutorial?

Thanks

/E

Phaze,

Thank you!

Never occurred to me to use the browser  :o

The server starts and shows up as a source on TV,  some problems to get the Media folder stick, was gone today in the client when I checked.

I cannot add my network in there, just a user and then I see my shares.

A quick reflection: Media Browser Server and client seems to be very complex, eve a bit more then Plex.

Have you guys tested Universial Media Server? http://www.universalmediaserver.com/comparison/

This is by far the most easy to set up and use Media server I have seen or used, no scanning of libraries when adding media, it just pops up in your TV or whatever you use.

Just an easy way to add movies and stuff to your living room.

@PhAzE

If you get the time, could you take a look at UMS and see if there is a chance to use it in unRAID?

Thank you for the input guys.

/E

Esse,

MB can be a little overwhelming at first. They are trying to simplify and add tutorials/tours to the program itself to help guide first time users.

I'd suggest reading over the tutorials on the MB forum and ask any questions you have over there.

UMS is very different from MB and Plex in that it only really does a small piece of what those software programs do. Perhaps you don't need everything that MB does but I think that once you get it configured you may see that it is very powerful, and getting better every release.

Yes, both MB and Plex are complex software's with a lot of features.

Nothing wrong with that, I just see the use for one "simple to use software" like UMS has it´s place for people who do not bother with a lot of extras.

Just want to get the movies playing if you understand what I mean.

I work with IT installations in many different places ranging from company's to homes, and mostly, people ask for simple solutions.

Not just in the case of a media server, this goes for all IT related hardware/software solutions.

/E

....but i' also interested in making the 'UnRecyler" plugin which would be similar to that recycle bin one influencer had a long time ago.  We'll see what time i've got however, with a new baby around, its just hard to get the time each day ;)

Any chance you've tinkered with the "UnRecyler" addon yet? Having a trash for SMB is quite handy.

Trying to install plex on new install. Downloaded the one for 6.0 which is the unraid version I am using. when I go to install I get this:

/usr/local/sbin/plugin install installplg /boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver.64bit.plg 2>&1

plugin: installing: installplg

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/plgMan/plugin on line 165

plugin: xml parse error

Don't know what I am doing wrong. trying to install from plugin page on unraid menu.

First, you need to redownload the plugin, that xml parse error means you had a bad download.

Secondly, my plugins are not yet fully compatible with unraid 6 beta 10a yet, they will install but you may see an error on install which can be ignored, and i'm not yet sure how it will handle updates.

I have been working on upgrading the plugins to 2.0.0 which will be fully compatible with both unraid 5 and 6 with just one plugin.  It's still going to be a bit until that's completed however.  I will release them all at the same time once I have tested them out for bugs.  They have quite a bunch of new features and re-written backend.

Anyways, long story short, re-download the plugin and try to install again.

guys, been running these for months but today i decided to update sickbeard in-app and it failed to restart. On attempting to start it in the plugin GUI i get:

Sick-Beard: sudo -u nobody python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeardtest/installnew1/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8004 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeardtest/datanew1 --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
root@Ruby:/mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard# PID not created, application did not start for some reason

I have rebooted and even change config and install directories to clone a completely fresh git pull, but it still will not load. Is there something else that i need to clear out before this will work?

syslog shows:

Nov 18 08:55:52 Ruby sudo: root : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeardtest/installnew1/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8004 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeardtest/datanew1 --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid

I've also noticed that when i changed directories in couch potato and installed fresh from github (i.e. changed config and install directories within the plugin) it still keeps my previous settings. Do these plugins have other locations stored for files? as i cannot seem to get clean, new installs working. Am i not right in thinking that if i change the install/config directories within a plugin it should start a completely fresh version of that application? Info seems to be being taken from somewhere else as well.

guys, been running these for months but today i decided to update sickbeard in-app and it failed to restart. On attempting to start it in the plugin GUI i get:

Sick-Beard: sudo -u nobody python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeardtest/installnew1/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8004 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeardtest/datanew1 --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid > /dev/null 2>&1
root@Ruby:/mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard# PID not created, application did not start for some reason

I have rebooted and even change config and install directories to clone a completely fresh git pull, but it still will not load. Is there something else that i need to clear out before this will work?

syslog shows:

Nov 18 08:55:52 Ruby sudo: root : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeardtest/installnew1/SickBeard.py --daemon --port 8004 --datadir /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeardtest/datanew1 --pidfile /var/run/sickbeard/sickbeard.pid

I've also noticed that when i changed directories in couch potato and installed fresh from github (i.e. changed config and install directories within the plugin) it still keeps my previous settings. Do these plugins have other locations stored for files? as i cannot seem to get clean, new installs working. Am i not right in thinking that if i change the install/config directories within a plugin it should start a completely fresh version of that application? Info seems to be being taken from somewhere else as well.

Sickbeard devs made a change to their databases and for some reason people have been having problems updating to the new db schema.  My plugins, when you change the config directory, will move the files from the old config dir to the new one, so that people can move its location without losing their settings.

If you want to do an actual fresh install, stop both SB and CP, go to your console and rename your config directory or move it somewhere else, then start up the apps, and it will all create from scratch again. When the 2.0.0 versions come out, there will be an uninstall button you can hit which will remove everything, then reinstall the plugin and you get a fresh install.