[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

I'll have to look at it after I fix the bug that moves the config folder.

BTW anyone who had had their config folder moved after a plugin update, all the files are moved to the root in a folder called:

/updateplg/\r/ ... As long as you haven't reviewed your server, the files will remain there so you can move them back.

Right now that's my only clue to tracing the issue and its seeming to be an impossible task so far...

Sorry, are you referring to plex the application has an update our the plex plugin?  Because app updates are only found in the settings menu and plugin updates are doing in both the settings menu and the plugin tab... But a plex application update won't ever be in the plugins tab.

I'm having a problem with the latest Plex Pass version of PMS (0.9.12.6). They released 0.9.12.5 and it had problems(I have no channels or agents and the server settings are not accessible) so I switched to the stable build from within your plugin and it reverted to 0.9.12.4 as expected. Plex then released 0.9.12.6 and I switched back to plex pass from within your plugin and it upgraded to 0.9.12.6. I'm still seeing the same problems in 0.9.12.6 that I saw in 0.9.12.5 and according to plex it may be how I upgraded that caused the problem. They said

"This could happen if you installed the new version directly over the old one using installpkg. The correct command for that case is upgradepkg. This should also be solved if you reboot the system with the new version (and not the old one) in /boot/extra."

/boot/extra doesn't exist for me, but I did reboot just in case and it didn't fix the problem. Do you use installpkg or upgradepkg when upgrading versions of PMS?

I assume after you updated you rebooted your server?

I'm running the latest version and it updated no issue. Depending on where you have your install folder, you can delete that folder and then go into the plugin settings page and press install for a clean install. Just remember not to delete your library folder or you'll lose your settings.

Here are my folder locations. I'm unsure what I need to delete since my library folder is inside the install folder

install: /mnt/cache/apps/plexmediaserver

library: /mnt/cache/apps/plexmediaserver/config

transcode: /mnt/cache/apps/plexmediaserver/tmp

And to answer your first question, yes I' rebooted my entire unRaid server after updating.

You can download them directly from my github and place them in /boot/config/plugins/Embyserver

PhAzE, I downloaded these three files:

1. Mono-PhAzE-3.8_x64.txz

2. Embyserver-PhAzE-Dependency-1.4_x64.tar.gz

3. Embyserver-PhAzE-Control-1.3.tar.gz

I don't know what I am doing so I'm not sure these are the correct files.

If they are, do I need to do anything else after putting them in the directory you specified? I am not familiar with Linux so I don't know what these extensions mean.

Thanks

Hey, love the plugins - they make unRAID for me.

Just thought I'd let you know that I experienced an issue when upgrading to the latest (Plex Pass version of) Plex Media Server.  It caused the settings menu not to show after upgrading and was fixed by rebooting, but sounds like it may have been caused by the way your plugin installs the latest version:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/980356/#Comment_980356

This could happen if you installed the new version directly over the old one using installpkg. The correct command for that case is upgradepkg. This should also be solved if you reboot the system with the new version (and not the old one) in /boot/extra.

Just thought I'd let you know, in case it's something you can fix.

Either way, it was easily solved and not a major problem.

Thanks again.

A reboot of my unRaid box didn't fix it for me. Eventually the server settings come up even without a reboot, but all the channels and agents are missing. Alex, are you sure everything is working as normal after the reboot?

You need to delete the files inside /mnt/cache/plexmediaserver, but leave the config directory in there (to keep your files and settings). Then start the app again. Make sure it's of before deleting the files.

Because your install folder is persistent after a reboot, your problem is persisting also.

No problem :)

Looks like i found the problem with the plugin update function that was moving config folders, also people who had the btsync update issue where it moved files from the USB ... All the same issue.

I'm going to test the fix and then push out the update. Only problem is that in order to update to the fix, you need to run the update code that you have installed which is vulnerable to that issue.

One thing that came up with this issue is that I couldn't easily downgrade to the previous pms version. I did realize that just changing to the stable branch took me back one version, but it would have been nice to be able to just downgrade to the previous version. For instance if I wanted to go from 0.9.12.6 back to 0.9.12.5, I'm not sure how I could even do that now. The last stable version is 0.9.12.4. Of course I wouldn't want to go back to 0.9.12.5, but it's possible that in the future I would need the ability to go back to the previous version.

Further update

If (from the command line) I run the EXPORTs from startcfg.sh I can then run python from the command line (and can see its 2.7.10)

I can see cheetah is installed in /usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/bin as it should be

If I try and run it it complains

bash: /usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/bin/cheetah: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

/usr/bin/python isn't there...

Shouldn't it be looking for it in /usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/bin ? Presumably if python was in /usr/bin then it would be accessible from the commandline without requiring all your careful work to keep it separate..

On the offchance I upgraded Sab and CP to the latest plugins too.. now SAB wont' start either due to the lack of Cheetah :-(

I see this also, it appears the cheetah that i used doesn't know where to find Python. i am trying to figure out why but no luck so far.

Edit: Solved in next update for sickbeard and sabnzbd.

Sickbeard seems to have a problem since May 25 - it does not send notifications via Notify My Android anymore.

After some searching I found the following explanation:

"We recently deprecated an ancient endpoint, that we only used for a few months when NMA was first born. But apparently some apps were still using them, despite we recommended in the past to not use it.

The current valid and 100% working endpoints are: www.notifymyandroid.com or notifymyandroid.appspot.com.

The one that was deprecated was nma.usk.bz. Most of the time, that URL will be hardcoded in the application. So you have to either have programming skills and have the source code of said application, or contact the developer so they can update the URL and release an update."

Phaze, could this be the reason why I am having this problem? If so, could you please change the respective endpoint(s) in the next version?

That sounds like stinging that sickbeard works have to change on their end, not something the plugin would change. However it's probably not the case, I think it relates to the cheetah dependency which it is currently broken.

The next plugin update will fix that dependency. Turns out it is hard coded to the python path and my plugins install python to a non standard location. Should be fixed later today or tomorrow.

Try runas nobody, there's no need to run this as root. See if it's able to start then. However, change it, hit apply, then reboot the server.

I changed it to run as "nobody" and then the headphones server wouldn't start, got some "PID created but process did not start" error. This persisted even upon uninstalling/reinstalling.

So I removed the plugin (via the plugins panel, instead of settings, not sure if that makes a difference), and powered down (as directed to clear dependencies). Deleted all old Headphones folders and any reference to it on the NAS. Rebooted, and reinstalled running as user nobody, this time it allowed Headphones to start but again got the same issue (unable to connect). I also tried the different directories with and without "/" still with no luck.

Also, try a different web browser.  Try and clear the cache on your existing browser.

After reinstalling and setting to user nobody I also tried 3 different browsers, using the http://IP:port using a couple of different ports just to be sure.

Edit: Again I should also mention that all of my other PhAzE plugins work perfectly (Maraschino, CP, SR, Emby, BTSync).. not sure why I can't even get access to a basic home screen with this one.

Found the issue. They added a new value in the apps CONFIG.INI file called http_host and it is set to localhost as default.  Since you connect from an external web browser it doesn't allow access. To fix for now, do this:

1) Stop Headphones

2) edit config.ini file found in headphones config folder

3) look for http_host and replace localhost with your server's IP or use 0.0.0.0 for any ip (just don't leave it localhost)

4) save the file

5) start headphones and enjoy!

NEW UPDATE FOR ALL PLUGINS

- fixed headphones fresh install, unable to get to web UI

- fixed cheetah in sickbears, sickbeard alt, Sabnzbd

- fixed updater bug... this one is important

Please note that the update button had a bug for the past year that would sometimes cause strange things like moving config folder to the root drive.  I SUGGEST updating this way just for this update:

Unraid 5 - download .plg files from first page, replace files in /boot/config/plugins, reboot server to update

Unraid 6 - update from PLUGINS tab instead of from within the settings, at least for this time only

If you want to update from the blue update button you can, but check your apps one at a time as you update to make sure they start after, if not, look in the / (root) folder for your config folder, it may be in a folder called "updateplg/\r".  Luckily now with this fixed, it will never be an issue again after this update.

Let me know of any other issues. I'm looking at plex update problem, but it was likely just a one time issue as my plugin updates it normally and properly as is, will likely wait for their next update to see if it happens again or not.

-=PhAzE=-

- fixed updater bug... this one is important

If you don't mind, could you briefly describe under what conditions the bug might have been triggered? I'm assuming it was fairly obscure, since it only bit a relative few people, and it sounds like the suspect code was possibly in all your plugins.

Yes, so when the update code is run from the rc file, the script is loaded into ram by Linux and run. The new plugin is downloaded and installed, which replaces all the files with the new ones,  aincluding the rc file. At this point the finger loaded in ram might differ from the file that is now on disk.  The scripts update function end and signals the return command which ends the function. At which time the script reloads from the disk copy and continues from that point, which should actually continue to nothing as the script ended. Sometimes however it might run from another point, surgically the change_settings function and having the end variables passed it will change the config folder.

How I fixed this was at the end of the update function I added the command "exit 0" which skips the return command and exits the ram script immediately since there is nothing more needed from that function. This prevents it from reloading the disk copy and instead exits and has no issues. 

I learned recently that this is how Linux runs scripts so once I knew how it runs then in ram I deduced the flow issue and put a stop to it. It only happens occasionally but has been able to happen since I first made the plugins.

Once you have successfully updated, you won't get that bug again with the new code.