[OUTDATED] Extended Docker configuration page

Since updating to Beta9 (or perhaps since the last update to the docker needo applied after I updated to b9), my plex docker has shown as having an update available. No matter how many times I update, it stays green. I am on the newest version of the docker I believe, as I'm running the newest version of PMS that was released 5 days ago.

I think I'm on the newest version of the plug-in (updated via the plug-ins menu) installed from the limetech repo. As far as I can tell, everything is working fine. This is just a minor cosmetic issue.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since updating to Beta9 (or perhaps since the last update to the docker needo applied after I updated to b9), my plex docker has shown as having an update available. No matter how many times I update, it stays green. I am on the newest version of the docker I believe, as I'm running the newest version of PMS that was released 5 days ago.

I think I'm on the newest version of the plug-in (updated via the plug-ins menu) installed from the limetech repo. As far as I can tell, everything is working fine. This is just a minor cosmetic issue.

Green = running without updates;

Blue  = update available;

Red    = stopped.

After you update to this version, please hit Reload info. I've changes some update state values, so a reload is needed.

Red    = stopped.

After you update to this version, please hit Reload info. I've changes some update state values, so a reload is needed.

I'll be honest, I'm a little confused now. Is reload info the "Verify updates" button? Plex is a green "Update", my other dockers are a blue "Updated". I have used verify updates to no change. I have forced updates on both the plex docked and another of the "blue" dockers. Neither changed colors/statuses. I can remove and reinstall, it's really not a big deal. But I hadn't thought to do as much.

Red    = stopped.

I'll be honest, I'm a little confused now. Is reload info the "Verify updates" button? Plex is a green "Update", my other dockers are a blue "Updated". I have used verify updates to no change. I have forced updates on both the plex docked and another of the "blue" dockers. Neither changed colors/statuses. I can remove and reinstall, it's really not a big deal. But I hadn't thought to do as much.

Ok, you're right, I've mixed things up. I has referring tho the Apps in the Extension page. In the Docker page, green means update available, blue means updated. I have to change those colors to match each other.

Maybe :

Blue  = running without updates;

Green  = update available;

Red      = stopped.

I just removed my plex docker so I could add it back and see if it would quit showing that it needed to be updated. Unfortunately, after I get the Create container window up, when I push the Add button at the bottom nothing happens. So now I don't have a plex docker. Tried adding a different docker as well, but same thing. So it appears that I can no longer add dockers using the page.

I just removed my plex docker so I could add it back and see if it would quit showing that it needed to be updated. Unfortunately, after I get the Create container window up, when I push the Add button at the bottom nothing happens. So now I don't have a plex docker. Tried adding a different docker as well, but same thing. So it appears that I can no longer add dockers using the page.

Are you using an updated version of the plug-in? Or the one that came with beta9? I believe there were some issues with the version that shipped with beta 9.

Are you using an updated version of the plug-in? Or the one that came with beta9? I believe there were some issues with the version that shipped with beta 9.

Using the latest version of the plugin. In fact just checked for an update to the plugin before I posted.

I removed the plugin, which I assume puts me back to the "stock" docker page from 6b9 and it seems to work now. Don't know what the problem was, but since it sounds like another update for the plugin is imminent I guess I will wait and try the next one.

Ok, found the bug. This was one of those "work on mozilla/don't work in webkit" type of bug. Will release an update soon.

[glow=red,2,300]UPDATE[/glow]

Version 2014.09.18:

- FIX: button not submitting form (bug introduced in 2014.09.17).

Hi guys i need some help here

So i updated to V8 and everything was fine ... then the whole problem of data corruption so i as per recommendation i upgraded to V9 but now the plugin isn't working properly i cant seem to find the templates i only see my templates also all of the icons are gone and i cant access the apps via the apps menu you can check the attachment to see what i mean .

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Shremi

Templates are not being distributed with this plugin anymore. Please take a look at the header of this topic. There's instructions to add a "Template Repo".

I am having the exact same  issues after upgrading from 8 to 9. I was able to get the templates to reappear by readding the repo, but I'm still missing the icons and banners on the extensions page. I am also missing the settings on my installed docker conatainers.

I tried installing https://raw.githubusercontent.com/limetech/dockerMan/master/dockerMan.plg on the add extension box, but I'm still not seeing settings or my templates. Do I need to delete the current plugin first or reboot to see my templates? Also does the upgrade form 8 to 9 require reinstalling all containers?

See below:

Also, maybe its just me, but I also have lost the ability to add docker containers via templates.  The drop down menu just states "Select a Template".  If I revert back to beta 8, all the templates are there, but they disappeared from my beta9

But, all of the containers which I was running before are still running.

Sorry for that.

We changed the user templates back to the flash drive:

BETA 8  BETA 9

/var/lib/docker/unraid-templates  /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user

cp -rf /var/lib/docker/unraid-templates/* /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/

While LT don't create their own containers, you can use several of community ones using the templates below.

[glow=red,2,300]UPDATE:[/glow]

To help the transition, I've created a template repository here:

https://github.com/gfjardim/docker-containers/tree/templates

After update the plugin, a new field will appear on the Docker extension page. Add this address there and click Save.

You need to put this information on the first page, and maybe update the changelog so that when someone upgrades they know what to expect, and can find the directions without having to ask.

I read the readme and specifically checked this tread before I updated form beta 8 to 9 and didn't find any of this until stuff stopped working.

It's on the first page of the beta9 release: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=35212.msg327662#msg327662

The template repo info is already on the header of this topic.

I don't know about everyone else but when I update I look at the first thread of the the beta announcement and then check this thread to look for any important changes, like the templates were moved again.

I generally don't read thru the entire thread, I assume any important info, like the templates were moved and command is need for them to be seen would be in the read me or the first post of either thread.

I'm sure it would help others like me, and cut down on questions in both threads if you put this important information in the first post of both threads.

I removed the plugin, which I assume puts me back to the "stock" docker page from 6b9 and it seems to work now. Don't know what the problem was, but since it sounds like another update for the plugin is imminent I guess I will wait and try the next one.

Ok, found the bug. This was one of those "work on mozilla/don't work in webkit" type of bug. Will release an update soon.

[glow=red,2,300]UPDATE[/glow]

Version 2014.09.18:

- FIX: button not submitting form (bug introduced in 2014.09.17).

Working now. Thanks

I haven't installed anything new for a while now, but I just tried to install onwCloud, and noticed something weird, perhaps a 'bug'

I used the repository template, and it offered the path for /mnt/user/appdata/owncloud.  I prefer to keep it with my others at /mnt/cache/appdata/

There didn't seem to be a way to 'save' the change from /user/ to /cache/

I could make the change in the box, but it didn't show any way to save that change.  I'm sure I could have created a new path, but I'm not sure if I could have removed the /user/ path.

I'm installing right now, so i'm not sure what the result will be, if it will go to user, or cache.

I just wanted to report this issue, in case it can be improved, or if there is a reason it can't.

Ideally, it would be cool if the plugin could probe for the appdata folder, and default to just using the location that already exists.

good news - even though I couldn't 'save' the change, it did install the config to /cache/

bad news - I changed the container port, instead of the host port when I installed it, which obviously didn't work.  I realized what I did, then switched the port numbers to be correct, container 8000, host 9998

However, now when I enter media:9998 it automatically changes and takes me to 192.168.20.150:8000

If I manually change that from :8000 to :9998 it works fine, but it shouldn't be changing my address to :8000 automatically.

I removed the container and reinstalled, but it's still happening.  I'm going to remove the image, and start over, but wanted to post my findings.

good news - even though I couldn't 'save' the change, it did install the config to /cache/

bad news - I changed the container port, instead of the host port when I installed it, which obviously didn't work.  I realized what I did, then switched the port numbers to be correct, container 8000, host 9998

However, now when I enter media:9998 it automatically changes and takes me to 192.168.20.150:8000

If I manually change that from :8000 to :9998 it works fine, but it shouldn't be changing my address to :8000 automatically.

I removed the container and reinstalled, but it's still happening.  I'm going to remove the image, and start over, but wanted to post my findings.

Don't do that. The ownCloud port is hardcoded and can't be changed. This was done so it can enforce the SSL use.

[glow=red,2,300]Docker container for ownCloud:[/glow]

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/gfjardim/owncloud/

/usr/bin/docker run -d --name="ownCloud" --net="bridge" -e SUBJECT="/C=CT/ST=ST/L=CITY/O=ORGANIZATION/OU=UNIT/CN=myhome.com" -p 8000:8000/tcp -v "/path/to/your/owncloud/data":"/var/www/owncloud/data":rw -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro gfjardim/owncloud

Change the SUBJECT variable to reflect your scenario.

PS: Please, do not change the port, because the Nginx configuration will redirect all non SSL requests to that port.

When clicking on the SABnzdb icon from Docker Apps it sends me to the container port as opposed to the host port I assigned during setup resulting in "This webpage is not available". As I have been using the host port I assigned without issue I'm not sure if I should have done something additional in setup or perhaps its just a minor issue in the code.

In any event I really appreciate your efforts.  As someone not accustomed to or comfortable in using "command line" I can't say enough how helpful your contribution has been.

When clicking on the SABnzdb icon from Docker Apps it sends me to the container port as opposed to the host port I assigned during setup resulting in "This webpage is not available". As I have been using the host port I assigned without issue I'm not sure if I should have done something additional in setup or perhaps its just a minor issue in the code.

In any event I really appreciate your efforts.  As someone not accustomed to or comfortable in using "command line" I can't say enough how helpful your contribution has been.

That's a bug I've already fixed. It's available on the GitHub and will make the next beta.

I've been noticing that apps are not updating even when using EDGE=1. I have SB installed on one machine and SB/CP on another. In both instances I have EDGE=1, but I don't ever get notices that there are changes to commit (which SB used to do almost weekly).

Also, I am noticing Plex is out of date (based on Needo). The container is at 9.10.X and it looks like current is 9.14.X

I don't remember there being an EDGE=1 option for Plex, so am not sure how this gets updated? I have tried using the Update button on each docker, but I am assuming this is only useful if the docker creator updates his base image, correct?

Anyone else noticing this?

** Update: I think I am wrong about Plex not being up to date. Current is 9.10 and the non-plexpass is 9.9.14 - I missed one of the 9s).

I have been trying to add NZBget either using the needo or gfjardim templates, and neither seem to work. In either instance when I click add, the add button grey's out, but nothing else happens. The template window just sits indefinitely.

I tried rebooting, and still no luck.

I am able to manually run the docker command for either, however DockerMan is not happy with me doing it this way, so I would prefer to use the template.

Can anyone advise if they've had similar issues, or provide details on where I can find the relevant logs to review?

I have been trying to add NZBget either using the needo or gfjardim templates, and neither seem to work. In either instance when I click add, the add button grey's out, but nothing else happens. The template window just sits indefinitely.

I tried rebooting, and still no luck.

I am able to manually run the docker command for either, however DockerMan is not happy with me doing it this way, so I would prefer to use the template.

Can anyone advise if they've had similar issues, or provide details on where I can find the relevant logs to review?

Which version of the plug-in are you using? There was a bug: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33965.msg328857#msg328857