[OUTDATED] Extended Docker configuration page

Do you mean you don't know how to reproduce my screen? If so, I can't really help there either :)

I did try stopping the array and restarting, but have the same issue. I am going to try and reboot later tonight and see if it resolves itself.

I mean I can't download the screen image.

Huh... strange.

Here is the actual URL:

http://i62.tinypic.com/66dz6c.png

Hopefully you can see that.

No, tinypic blocks brazilian users.

Seriously? What did you guys ever do to tinypic? :)

Is there somewhere else you would like me to push the image? Or I can email it to you if you want to PM me an address.

You can try using http://ballsgohere.com for your image hosting. There shouldn't be any blocking of ips there.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean you don't know how to reproduce my screen? If so, I can't really help there either :)

I did try stopping the array and restarting, but have the same issue. I am going to try and reboot later tonight and see if it resolves itself.

I mean I can't download the screen image.

Huh... strange.

Here is the actual URL:

http://i62.tinypic.com/66dz6c.png

Hopefully you can see that.

No, tinypic blocks brazilian users.

Seriously? What did you guys ever do to tinypic? :)

Is there somewhere else you would like me to push the image? Or I can email it to you if you want to PM me an address.

You can try using http://ballsgohere.com for your image hosting. There shouldn't be any blocking of ips there.

Here is the picture on ballsgohere:

8e98cf2d94.png

I have a docker networking question.

I want to make a container that can call out on ports 80 and 443.  It needs to able to accept connections on a couple of higher ports (numbers are configurable).

If I use the host mode on the unraid ethernet connection it should be able to call out (if I've read all this correctly) but will it be able to accept connections from another machine on my home network?

If I use bridge more on the unraid connection then I have to use port forwarding which means it will no longer be able to call out on ports 80 or 443.  Is that correct?

My motherboard has a second ethernet port which isn't yet used.  Is it possible to set docker to use that connection but still be able to start and stop it from the unraid host?  If so how would I set that up?  Can it be set with a static IP?

The joys of learning virtualization! =)

Thanks in advance!

would be nice, if we could add icon/banner url on the create-container page. there are hundreds of docker apps out there, not everyone will get a unraid template file. so if I want to use an other docker app, there is no way for me to add an icon or banner. (the icon/banner info should be saved to the my-template)

+1 on that!

I'm creating my own templates by just entering the docker repo in a new "Add", but there is no place to add a Banner and Icon URL.  This is the missing part :)

would be nice, if we could add icon/banner url on the create-container page. there are hundreds of docker apps out there, not everyone will get a unraid template file. so if I want to use an other docker app, there is no way for me to add an icon or banner. (the icon/banner info should be saved to the my-template)

+1 on that!

I'm creating my own templates by just entering the docker repo in a new "Add", but there is no place to add a Banner and Icon URL.  This is the missing part :)

[glow=red,2,300]UPDATE:[/glow]

Version 2014.09.04

- Updated the way icons and banners are stored; now they will be downloaded on demand and stored to /lib/var/docker/images;

- Added 3 new fields to templates : WebUI, Icon and Banner;

- Add Media Browser Server template;

- Add a full form to Create Container; just hit Shift+T on the Docker extension page. This will make template creation much easier, I think.

Edit:

Version 2014.09.04-1

- Removed the shortcut; additional fields will be shown if you click on the "Preferences" title in the Create Docker popup.

Edit2:

Version 2014.09.04-2

-Add Logitech Media Server template.

It's already done, but appears to be a hidden feature  ::)

On the Create Docker window, just click on the "Preferences" title bar. 

Voilà! ;D

Can I assume 'bind time' binds the time of the docker to the host? If so my dockers are running UTC time, which is wrong. :(

There's two ways of bind time: one is to mount /etc/localtime to the container (chosen method); the other is to set a variable TZ with the time zone.

I can use anyone, but it requires testing. I will look into it.

- Add a full form to Create Container; just hit Shift+T on the Docker extension page. This will make template creation much easier, I think.

By just clicking the '+' icon I get a popup window which can't be resized and that works fine, but I haven't been able to figure out the "full form" Create Container. I hit Shift+T and nothing happens. Is it supposed to open a new browser tab or new browser window or what? I am using Chrome.

By just clicking the '+' icon I get a popup window which can't be resized and that works fine, but I haven't been able to figure out the "full form" Create Container. I hit Shift+T and nothing happens. Is it supposed to open a new browser tab or new browser window or what? I am using Chrome.

Please read all message; I've removed the shortcut.

sPLwMlo.png

;D ;D ;D

Please read all message; I've removed the shortcut.

sPLwMlo.png

;D ;D ;D

I understood the part about clicking Preferences. I was unaware of that functionality but I tried it and it does work. What I was asking about was the Shift+T functionality.

I guess what you mean is Shift+T did what clicking Preferences does now, and Shift+T does not do anything anymore. What I was hoping for was a larger window to work in and maybe that would be what Shift+T did.

In my own defense, I did and generally do read all the message, and even every message. I guess I just didn't understand what it meant.

In my own defense, I did and generally do read all the message, and even every message. I guess I just didn't understand what it meant.

Relax, I'm just messing with you! The whole thing is confuse.

I still haven't figure out how to add this as a non invasive feature, e.g., as a feature most users don't see. The first attempt was the shortcut, but it didn't seems an elegant way of doing this.

Well, let's see if you all have a different idea of triggering these extra fields

I still haven't figure out how to add this as a non invasive feature, e.g., as a feature most users don't see. The first attempt was the shortcut, but it didn't seems an elegant way of doing this.

Well, let's see if you all have a different idea of triggering these extra fields

Maybe a "Show/Hide Additional Fields" button or something like that.

Maybe a slider like you have for banner/icon view, but in the screen to create the docker and show "basic / advanced"... ?

Version 2014.09.08:

- Add “Advanced mode” toggle to "Create Docker";

- Change the time bind method; will use TZ variable instead;

- Change all popups to jQuery UI, dropping the Shadowbox use;

- Some CSS tweaks;

Just updated to lastest version, my Safari not triger anything when I click on "advanced mode"...

EDIT:  I reloaded the Browser and now it seem to work! 

I just clicked on N/A, and it did appear to 'update' them, but they still show N/A in the plugin :(

Not sure why mine is different than yours.

Which containers?

Deluge and sickrage

I just updated to the latest plugin version, and also completely removed and reinstalled SABnzbd, and all my dockers still show N/A.

What can I provide to help diagnose this issue?

thanks again.

I just updated to the latest plugin version, and also completely removed and reinstalled SABnzbd, and all my dockers still show N/A.

What can I provide to help diagnose this issue?

thanks again.

Please post here the output of

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dockerMan/dockerupdate.php -v

Please post here the output of

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dockerMan/dockerupdate.php -v

root@media:~# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dockerMan/dockerupdate.php -v
Updating templates...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dockerMan/dockerupdate.php on line 12
Reloading update status...
   Name[Deluge              ], Image[needo/deluge:latest ], Local[], Remote[], Update[uNDEF]
   Name[MovieGrabber        ], Image[eroz/moviegrabber:la], Local[], Remote[], Update[uNDEF]
   Name[NzbDrone            ], Image[needo/nzbdrone:lates], Local[b8g4pgsm86neuun7kompzqs], Remote[], Update[uNDEF]
   Name[sABnzbd             ], Image[needo/sabnzbd:latest], Local[], Remote[], Update[uNDEF]
   Name[sickRage            ], Image[needo/sickrage:lates], Local[], Remote[], Update[uNDEF]
Done.

To help the transition, I've created a template repository here:

https://github.com/gfjardim/docker-containers/tree/templates

After update the plugin, a new field will appear on the Docker extension page. Add this address there and click Save.

Have you added this in the Docker page?

No, I had not added that before now.  I thought it was only for managing images/icons, which are working fine for me, so I didn't think it was necessary.

I've just added it now, and clicking on N/A for 2 of my dockers has 'refreshed' them to show updated.

The MovieGrabber docker still doesn't show updated or not, but never has before now either.  I suspect the author needs to update their docker to allow you to see the status, but in case it's just something else, I thought I'd mention it.

Otherwise, that seems to have resolved the update issue I was having.  Thanks again for your help!

MovieGrabber 	eroz/moviegrabber:latest 	5 seconds ago 	Up 4 seconds 	192.168.20.150:9995->9191/tcp 	/mnt/cache/appdata/moviegrabber:/config:rw
/mnt/user:/mnt/user:rw 	

Version 2014.09.08:

- Add “Advanced mode” toggle to "Create Docker";

- Change the time bind method; will use TZ variable instead;

- Change all popups to jQuery UI, dropping the Shadowbox use;

- Some CSS tweaks;

Very nice. I especially like being able to move and resize the popup window now. Will make it much easier to work with on my ultrabook. Thanks

Is anyone else having difficulty with nzbget on beta 8?  After upgrade, I restored my templates according to the upgrade instructions, then I re-installed all my dockers (couchpotato, madsonic, nzbdrone, nzbget & PlexMediaServer).  All seem to function same as before the upgrade except with nzbget I can not browse to the user interface.  I am using the plugin that came with beta 8 (I have not upgraded the plugin).