[REQUEST] Mythtv Backend Docker please :)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(please say bridge, lol)

Negatory.

bugger, lol.

gonna make mythweb a pig..

BTW...saw this on saarg's TVH docker thread:

Tvheadend needs to use Host as network type if you use IPTV and I would guess HDHomerun.

That was only because I didn't know which ports HdHomerun used  ;)

According to SiliconDust, it should be 65001 TPC/UPD.  However, sparkly mapped both of those and still no joy.  I think there is some other voodoo going on here with dynamic ports.

in the interim and somewhere lost in the mix of myriad builds i also mapped the following

5000, 5002 and 5004 all as udp.

at some stage i'll run a build with those in and see if it works in bridge mode.

According to SiliconDust, it should be 65001 TPC/UPD.  However, sparkly mapped both of those and still no joy.  I think there is some other voodoo going on here with dynamic ports.

in the interim and somewhere lost in the mix of myriad builds i also mapped the following

5000, 5002 and 5004 all as udp.

at some stage i'll run a build with those in and see if it works in bridge mode.

I actually tried that at one point myself.  In Bridge mode, I mapped 3310, 3389, 5000, 5002, 5004, 6543, 6544 and 65001 for both TCP and UDP.  No love.

One other point...

I don't know if this means anything at all.  I ran netstat -taupen while the myth backend was running to see what ports were being used by what.  I trimmed the output down to the 65001 ports.  Look at how they are mapped on the server side (192.168.1.10):

root@unRAID:~# netstat -taupen
Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       User       Inode       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.10:56770      192.168.1.7:65001       ESTABLISHED 0          6611832     1001/mythbackend
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.10:41176      192.168.1.8:65001       ESTABLISHED 0          6611856     1001/mythbackend
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.10:41175      192.168.1.8:65001       ESTABLISHED 0          6611838     1001/mythbackend
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.10:56769      192.168.1.7:65001       ESTABLISHED 0          6601432     1001/mythbackend

If I restart the myth backend, those ports change.

John

One other point...

I don't know if this means anything at all.  I ran netstat -taupen while the myth backend was running to see what ports were being used by what.  I trimmed the output down to the 65001 ports.  Look at how they are mapped on the server side (192.168.1.10):

root@unRAID:~# netstat -taupen
Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       User       Inode       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.10:56770      192.168.1.7:65001       ESTABLISHED 0          6611832     1001/mythbackend
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.10:41176      192.168.1.8:65001       ESTABLISHED 0          6611856     1001/mythbackend
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.10:41175      192.168.1.8:65001       ESTABLISHED 0          6611838     1001/mythbackend
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.10:56769      192.168.1.7:65001       ESTABLISHED 0          6601432     1001/mythbackend

If I restart the myth backend, those ports change.

John

looks like they're randomly assigned, which is a bitch, lol.

i'm running another build on my local server (again with no inputs, lol) trying out mythweb , specifically moving it off of port 80.

if that works, i'll push to dockerhub  and you can give it a whirl. there won't be any data persistence yet as i've got to look at what it's storing and where (seems to be flipping symlinks at this stage, which could be a pain)

also it will still be starting the backend from terminal at this stage.

Like a few others, I am able to configure mythtv then mythfilldatabase from the docker via RDP to use an HDHomeRun Prime. After running /usr/bin/mythbackend from the terminal I can watch and record TV in Kodi both on external devices and kodibuntu/windows VM's with a passed through GPU. Fantastic work @sparklyballs!!!

there's another build up for testing,  now with a tentative attempt at introducing mythweb.

i think there are issues with redirecting but i can't be certain that it's not due to not having a full setup because i don't have sources.

the webui link via the icon will take you to the mythweb page, obviously go through a setup first before trying it out.

there's another build up for testing,  now with a tentative attempt at introducing mythweb.

i think there are issues with redirecting but i can't be certain that it's not due to not having a full setup because i don't have sources.

the webui link via the icon will take you to the mythweb page, obviously go through a setup first before trying it out.

Can I update or need to start from scratch?

Can I update or need to start from scratch?

try leaving the data , deleting the container and image and refreshing the template and reloading.

see if that works.... good test to do anyways.

i might have to change some mappings in a later version , and use mythweb from git rather than the installed version, but that's further on down the line.

i've broken the back of it and now it's tidying up and making it more usable....

I'm glad you said leave that data.  I spent most of the morning getting my channel logos squared away.  My typical move would be to forget to back them up before nuking the appdata folder.  :)

I'll post a pic of mythweb in all its glory when i'm finished pulling.

As far as I can tell (and mythweb thinks), it is recording.  But, I don't have any idea where it is putting the file.  lol  Looking at the available space in the pic below, it is writing to the array but not the folder I linked (/Recordings --> /mnt/user/PVR/Recordings/).

2X9HoEf.jpg

As far as I can tell (and mythweb thinks), it is recording.  But, I don't have any idea where it is putting the file.  lol  Looking at the available space in the pic below, it is writing to the array but not the folder I linked (/Recordings --> /mnt/user/PVR/Recordings/).

2X9HoEf.jpg

that's because it sees the recording in the database but expects the file to be in /var/lib/mythtv/<some-folder> because of the default symlinks.

2X9HoEf.jpg

that's because it sees the recording in the database but expects the file to be in /var/lib/mythtv/<some-folder> because of the default symlinks.

I just checked all of the folders in /var/lib/mythtv/ and no recordings.  Regardless, both Kodi and Mythweb see 6+ terabytes available where ever that file was written to.  The only place that has that kind of space is my array.

I'm baffled.

I could have sworn last night when I was playing around, i could see the files being written to the folders that I setup for Recordings (/mnt/user/PVR/Recordings) and Timeshift (/mnt/cache/Timeshift).