[ARCHIVE] binhex docker repository

Has anyone tried this possible fix for the Deluge scheduler issue?

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=52553

hi death.hilarious, thanks for the link!, had a good look at the code and doing some testing at the moment to see best way to include the patch.

ok so it looks like the scheduler plugin for deluge is packaged as an egg file (basically a zipped python module), i looked at patching the script and then rezipping but for some reason deluge wouldnt pick it up as a default plugin, maybe some md5 checks are done, not sure.

so in the end ive gone with the approach of remove the faulty plugin altogether and pushed up a patched egg that can be manually installed. so please download the latest docker image with tag latest, then once up and running go to preferences/plugins and download and install the scheduler plugin, link to the download here:-

https://github.com/binhex/arch-patches/releases/download/scheduler-0.2-py2.7/Scheduler-0.2-py2.7.egg

ive not currently had time to test this yet so im looking for feedback on whether this now works as expected, so please post back with your results.

https://github.com/binhex/arch-patches/releases/download/scheduler-0.2-py2.7/Scheduler-0.2-py2.7.egg

ive not currently had time to test this yet so im looking for feedback on whether this now works as expected, so please post back with your results.

Thanks so much for the quick fix! I'm testing it now and it seems to be working fine. I'll post again if I run into any problems.

Thanks again for all your work binhex, it's really appreciated.

EDIT: I just checked and the latest MyScheduler plugin also appears to include the fix to core.py. MyScheduler is basically the standard scheduler with an option to force selected torrents to download, regardless of the scheduler (very handy).

Thanks so much for the quick fix! I'm testing it now and it seems to be working fine. I'll post again if I run into any problems.

EDIT: I just checked and the latest MyScheduler plugin also appears to include the fix to core.py. MyScheduler is basically the standard scheduler with an option to force selected torrents to download, regardless of the scheduler (very handy).

I just updated Deluge and installed this MyScheduler plugin and the forced start option seems to be working here.  Hopefully it will start downloading per the schedule with this plugin, as it's supposed to.  I'll post back tomorrow once I know if it worked.

Thanks to everyone for this information/help!

Hi,

I'm using the couchpotato docker and I try to add Torrent downloads to it (before was only using Usenet), but can't seem to be able to add Deluge when pointing to 192.168.2.6:58846 (or 9112, the web ui port of deluge).  I'm trying using deluge/deluge as user-pass, but I always get a Connection Error when trying the "Test Connexion"...

So, my question is :  How to integrate the delugeVPN to Couchpotato ??

Ugh. I was having the same issue and eventually gave up and used a black hole directory. But because of your post I looked at it again and got it to work!

You have to:

1) Enable remote connections to the daemon in Deluge (Preferences->Daemon->Allow Remote Connections)

2) Restart Deluge

3) In CouchPotato specify the host as <unRAID server IP>:58846

4) In CouchPotato get the username/password from the 'auth' file in the deluge app directory (the format of the auth file is username:password:permissions)

thanks for the link to MyScheduler, always nice to have options eh :-).

p.s im nicking your instructions for how to connect couchpotato and delugevpn together and putting it in a FAQ, think this question has been asked enough times to warrant it :-), one step missed out though is to make sure you define the lan range via the env variable for delugevpn, otherwise if you try to connect a non docker instance of couchpotato it wont work.

Ugh. I was having the same issue and eventually gave up and used a black hole directory. But because of your post I looked at it again and got it to work!

You have to:

1) Enable remote connections to the daemon in Deluge (Preferences->Daemon->Allow Remote Connections)

2) Restart Deluge

4) In CouchPotato get the username/password from the 'auth' file in the deluge app directory (the format of the auth file is username:password:permissions)

Tried all of that, still same error :(

The Auth file has this for credentials :  localclient:34646yergsgwe6362246246:10  (pwd I randomely here).  I tried using user: localclient  and password: 34646yergsgwe6362246246

So it seems to not work.  When you said "Restard Deluge", you mean Stop and Start the Docker ?

The Auth file has this for credentials :  localclient:34646yergsgwe6362246246:10  (pwd I randomely here).  I tried using user: localclient  and password: 34646yergsgwe6362246246

So it seems to not work.  When you said "Restard Deluge", you mean Stop and Start the Docker ?

Binhex put better instructions in the FAQ post. Note particularly the LAN_RANGE environment variable in the DelugeVPN docker configuration (I guess you need to allow connections from your unraid server IP, even if it's technically connecting to itself). Also, for restarting Deluge, I just stopped and started the docker.  You're using the correct credentials.

Q1. How do i connect CouchPotato to DelugeVPN?

A1. To configure CouchPotato to connect to DelugeVPN (dockerized or traditional installation):-

IMPORTANT - If your connecting to DelugeVPN from a traditional installation of CouchPotato on another host then please ensure you have configured the LAN_RANGE environment variable for DelugeVPN (can left click and "Edit" if you have forgotten)

1. Start DelugeVPN and login to the webui, then enable Preferences->Daemon->Allow Remote Connections

2. Restart DelugeVPN

3. Open auth file in /config and note username and password

4. Go to the CouchPotato webui->Settings->Downloaders->Deluge

5. Configure Host as <unraid_server_ip>:58846

6. Configure the Username and Password as specified in the auth file

7. Click on Test Deluge button, if it all works then you should see success.

I can't seem to create a delugevpn container.

After configuring my settings and then hitting create nothing happens. I've added other containers just to see if the problem was on my end and they worked fine.

Anybody know what the issue is?

I too am having the same problem when trying to create a delugevpn container as well.

You have to:

2) Restart Deluge

just to be clear, your auth file should look something like this:-

localclient:c5eaa1234587cc9d075e55829d72779b9a04f:10
admin:<my password>:10

so the second line is the one your interested in, this contains the username and password you would enter into couchpotato, if you dont see this line then im guessing its probably because the option to "allow remote connections" isnt ticked, or the delugevpn container hasnt been restarted.

After configuring my settings and then hitting create nothing happens. I've added other containers just to see if the problem was on my end and they worked fine.

I too am having the same problem when trying to create a delugevpn container as well.

im going to need more info than this guys, what errors are you seeing if any?, screenshots of what your seeing would be great.

Has anyone gotten newshosting VPN working with Deluge??

yes it should work, basically as long as you can get hold of a openvpn configuration file (extension normally .ovpn) then you should be good to go, instructions on how to configure for newshosting vpn as follows:-

1. Download the ovpn file for your choosen endpoint from http://www.newshosting.com/vpn/software/configs/

2. Configure DelugeVPN Port Mappings and Volume Mappings as desired

3. Configure DelugeVPN environment variables as follows:-

VPN_REMOTE - Not required, as this is a custom provider
VPN_USER - Username as provided by your VPN provider
VPN_PASS - Password as proviuded by your VPN provider
ENABLE_PRIVOXY - Either "yes" or "no", your preference
VPN_PORT - This is the port specified in the ovpn file after the "remote <hostname>", normally 1194
VPN_PROV - This is the VPN provider, as this is not AirVPN or PIA we set this to "custom"
VPN_ENABLED - Set this to "yes"
LAN_RANGE - Set this to your internal home lan range, allows other applications to talk to the Deluge daemon

4. Start DelugeVPN to create folders under /config

5. Stop DelugeVPN, then paste the earlier downloaded ovpn file into /config/openvpn/

6. Start DeliugeVPN and monitor supervisord.log file in /config

7. Optionally go to the website http://torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php and follow the instructions to verify the VPN tunnel is working

im going to need more info than this guys, what errors are you seeing if any?, screenshots of what your seeing would be great.

I personally get no errors, infact I get nothing at all.

I click create, but nothing happens.  It's like the link is broken/dead.

I personally get no errors, infact I get nothing at all.

I click create, but nothing happens.  It's like the link is broken/dead.

OK, i think what your seeing is a known unRAID bug, ive actually commented about this in the bug report raised in the defect section, but no action forthcoming yet, feel free to nudge jonp about this :-P

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43303.msg413896#msg413896

so the fix for this is patience, it can take up to 5 mins to download the image, depending on the speed of your connection, so click on the create container and sit tight, if it is this particular bug then you will eventually see the window refreshes and you will see success at the bottom, let me know the outcome.

Ah. I know what you're referring to, as I've seen that before.  This is a little different.

If I'm correct the bug  you're referring to, usually you'll see at the least a blank window open, which shows none of the running install processes.  I see that a lot on my server.  However in this instance I won't even see the blank installation window.  I will take your lead and atleast click create, then let it sit.  I have a 50Mbps connection, so I'll give it 30 minutes or so.