All network activity stops after use of RDP in Windows 7 VMs

Don't want to get drawn into this just want my issue resolving. I'm not the Facebook generation. Syslog mover file names and share names one concern.

I'll continue in email to support.

I realize you dont want to get drawn into this, but after your issue is resolved, please give back to the community by engaging in a dialog with how the diagnostics can be better secured and scrubbed to appease your concerns.

Otherwise, in the future no community user will ever be able to help you so you'll have to contact Limetech directly via email. At some point you might have an issue with a community supported docker or plugin and Limetech will be within their right to respond with "sorry, we dont support that". I'm sure that wont make you happy when you have no place to turn to.

So this really is to provide better support for yourself.

Don't want to get drawn into this just want my issue resolving. I'm not the Facebook generation. Syslog mover file names and share names one concern.

fireplex,

Received your diagnostics via your e-mail to support.  Can you try turning STP off under network settings and report back if this changes anything for you?

fireplex,

Received your diagnostics via your e-mail to support.  Can you try turning STP off under network settings and report back if this changes anything for you?

I tried that, the network still dies unfortunately.

• 4 months later...

Is this already fixed? I am having the same problem. Also getting those DMAR

Oct 26 15:11:50 unRaid kernel: dmar: DRHD: handling fault status reg 3

Oct 26 15:11:50 unRaid kernel: dmar: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [00:1d.0] fault addr ef000

Oct 26 15:11:50 unRaid kernel: DMAR:[fault reason 06] PTE Read access is not set

This time its my passthrough usb controller.

00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Glad I found this post, I was beginning to think I was alone in this fight with my NIC dropping connections when I RDP; however, I'm running Win10 on a VM and my connection drops.  I wont go into detail quite yet, as my rig is just a playground for testing until I'm solid enough to migrate my OG 5.0.6 rig to 6.x.x. and I haven't gathered all of the information required to post my issue in a new thread. 

If this issue has been resolved to date, please share your experience...

Hmm interesting, I might also have the same issue. If I remote into my windows 10 VM  it will kill my network connection. It happens randomly but more than once a day. As a bandaid I wrote a script that checks for Internet connection and will restart the internet if it is down.

I definitely seems to happen whenever the VM's are highly using my network...

I recently set up a Windows 10 VM on my UnRaid box and I'm having the same issue with the network disappearing. 

Just this morning I realized that the problems I have been having with the IP address of my UnRaid box disappearing might be related to the new VM.  Since I stopped the VM entirely I haven't had any other problems.  Of course, ideally, I'd like to be able to use the Windows 10 VM but until the network issues are fixed I won't be able to....

Fireplex, can you help with the script you wrote to restart the network?  Linux is not my cup of tea so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks!

Try this:

#!/usr/bin/bash

while true

do

ping -c 5 <your router IP>/dev/null

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then

echo Network is down at

date

echo Taking interface down

ifconfig eth0 down

sleep 10

echo Bringing interface up

ifconfig eth0 up

sleep 60

echo Completed recovery at

date

fi

sleep 10

done

• 4 weeks later...

I have attached my Log.  I migrated to a totally different build and MOBO, but connection is dropping when RDP to VMs.  I have attached my Log below, happened immediately after DCing a RDP session:

Jan 11 00:20:02 TowerII sSMTP[1944]: Creating SSL connection to host

Jan 11 00:20:02 TowerII sSMTP[1944]: SSL connection using ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256

Jan 11 00:20:06 TowerII sSMTP[1944]: Sent mail for [email protected] (221 2.0.0 closing connection c67sm97471313ywe.31 - gsmtp) uid=0 username=root outbytes=1139

Jan 11 00:41:33 TowerII kernel: igb 0000:03:00.0 eth0: igb: eth0 NIC Link is Down

Jan 11 00:41:33 TowerII kernel: br0: port 1(eth0) entered disabled state

Jan 11 00:41:41 TowerII kernel: igb 0000:03:00.0 eth0: igb: eth0 NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: RX/TX

Jan 11 00:41:41 TowerII kernel: br0: port 1(eth0) entered listening state

Jan 11 00:41:41 TowerII kernel: br0: port 1(eth0) entered listening state

Jan 11 00:41:56 TowerII kernel: br0: port 1(eth0) entered learning state

Jan 11 00:42:11 TowerII kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating

Jan 11 00:42:11 TowerII kernel: br0: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state 

@fireplex, I'm interested in trying your script but not sure where to run it:

Is is the code added to the "go script" or did you run this from command line?  I'm a Linux dunce so excuse if I'm way off base

towerii-syslog-20160111-0558.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had issues with my Windows 10 VM dropping off the network every few hours requiring a hard reset on the network connection.  Just updated to virtio 113 drivers which now have Win10 drivers and it appears to have fixed the problem!