[Plug-In] Community Applications

On 6.1.9 if you search for cadvisor and install it, there's nothing you can ever do to get the webUI to ever show up in the drop down (known bug - fixed in 6.2beta 20)

Not really a clue about what's going on with the container.  I have never had any trouble with it, the defaults work 100% (since what they are doing is referencing unRaid system paths)

While this may seem a bit weird, the internal workings of docker containers (the dockerfiles, how to make them, etc) I actually have zero clue about  ;)

Quick search of these forums showed zero problems getting cadvisor to run using smdion's template (which is what I am), and I've installed, deinstalled, reinstalled, etc this on both my servers, so I'm not quite sure what to say exactly  :(

While my initial response would be to reset your server and/or restart your docker.img file, the net result is that you're going to get roughly the same information as what the resource monitor displays (cadvisor breaks it down further however) in a far far far prettier way.

On 6.1.9 if you search for cadvisor and install it, there's nothing you can ever do to get the webUI to ever show up in the drop down (known bug - fixed in 6.2beta 20)

Not really a clue about what's going on with the container.  I have never had any trouble with it, the defaults work 100% (since what they are doing is referencing unRaid system paths)

While this may seem a bit weird, the internal workings of docker containers (the dockerfiles, how to make them, etc) I actually have zero clue about  ;)

Quick search of these forums showed zero problems getting cadvisor to run using smdion's template (which is what I am), and I've installed, deinstalled, reinstalled, etc this on both my servers, so I'm not quite sure what to say exactly  :(

Okey, thanks for the try man :) Making a post about this in the plugin sections tomorrow then, if there is not a thread I can ask in where I can get some help?

Ah, thanks!

What about adding so you need to press a confirm button to start the update? I have pressed it more then twice then I was supposed to click the resource monitor, but maybe it is only me and my clumsy fingers [emoji14]

Decent idea actually.  I click it a lot during testing (sometimes not on purpose), and I usually use it as an excuse to go have a smoke.  So I can see how other people would do the same thing.

I've quit the fags, stop putting temptation in my way....

Ah, thanks!

What about adding so you need to press a confirm button to start the update? I have pressed it more then twice then I was supposed to click the resource monitor, but maybe it is only me and my clumsy fingers [emoji14]

Decent idea actually.  I click it a lot during testing (sometimes not on purpose), and I usually use it as an excuse to go have a smoke.  So I can see how other people would do the same thing.

lmao. ^^^

My boss keeps telling me to quit.  I keep saying that if I didn't have to deal with him it be easy

Ah, thanks!

So you're back to straight now  ;D

Ah, thanks!

That was you 1000th post!  Such technical insight, what a milestone... lol

Ah, thanks!

Lol! I didn't even notice, but good thing it was such a serious and helpful post  ;D

While my initial response would be to reset your server and/or restart your docker.img file, the net result is that you're going to get roughly the same information as what the resource monitor displays (cadvisor breaks it down further however) in a far far far prettier way.

Deleted my docker.img file, and created a new one and it is working now :D

Deleted my docker.img file, and created a new one and it is working now :D

Perfect.  Strange why you had to do that but at least it worked and LTs implementation of docker allows for very quick restoring without recreating appdata

Ah, thanks!

Personally, I think spending the milestone making fun of you is a perfect use of it.  I can't wait til I hit 5000.

Face it, next to sparklyballs you are a good whipping post

Ah, thanks!

Personally, I think spending the milestone making fun of you is a perfect use of it.  I can't wait til I hit 5000.

Face it, next to sparklyballs you are a good whipping post

LOL

is community applications down? i cant connect. I just cleared out my docker and all my plugin images and now I cant connect:

browsing here works: tools.linuxserver.io

Download of appfeed failed. Reverting to legacy mode

Download of source file has failed

I decided to clear house because after rebooting all my dockers were stuck in "needs to update" but they couldn't update.

I am 6.2b21

is community applications down? i cant connect. I just cleared out my docker and all my plugin images and now I cant connect:

I decided to clear house because after rebooting all my dockers were stuck in "needs to update" but they couldn't update.

I am 6.2b21

Sounds more like you need to set static DNS addresses in network settings

EDIT: and I am an idiot, not sure why it was set to itself instead of my router 10.10.1.1.... but it has been like that for a couple years without issue....

I am 6.2b21

sorry if this sounds dumb but my 5.x/6.x install has been set to automatic for a few years (my router is setup with a static IP), why would this change?

last weekend I did a motherboard/cpu/ram swap, but even after that its been fine until today?

Also, My DNS server settings have never changed, which i should clarify is set to my static ip (10.10.1.3)

EDIT: and I am an idiot, not sure why it was set to itself instead of my router 10.10.1.1.... but it has been like that for a couple years without issue....

I am 6.2b21

sorry if this sounds dumb but my 5.x/6.x install has been set to automatic for a few years (my router is setup with a static IP), why would this change?

last weekend I did a motherboard/cpu/ram swap, but even after that its been fine until today?

Also, My DNS server settings have never changed, which i should clarify is set to my static ip (10.10.1.3)

I would still set it up (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) - can't hurt, and I can say that the feed is definitely up.  Using automatic settings for DNS within unRaid is usually OK, as then the router handles it.  But, in my experience, most of the time the DNS settings that your ISP chooses suck (which is probably how your router is set up), and google's DNS addresses are always better.

Also, since you got the message

you should upgrade CA to the latest version, as that message is different (and more detailed) on the later versions. 

The version which you are running, if (for whatever reason) the appfeed fails (usually a connectivity issue) and CA reverts to legacy mode, if *any* of the repositories fail to download, then CA is unusable.  On the later versions, CA will still function and just ignore the repositories which failed to download.

As a secondary note, if your download bandwidth is completely maxed out, CA does NOT take as much time as needed to download its required files (either the appfeed or legacy mode individual repositories), and will abort the downloads if it takes too long.  This is primarily because of how unRaid and emhttp work.  Let's assume that for whatever reason the appFeed is going to wind up taking 20minutes to download.  Without the automatic timeout (30 seconds), the entire unRaid GUI will wind up being unavailable for the 20 minutes.

If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize world peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until the looting started.

- Enhanced: Further security improvements

- Enhanced: cAdvisor template is now 6.2 compliant

- Fix: Suppress error if no docker applications running when in resource monitor

- Added: Ability to install updates for docker applications *

- Enhanced: Better determination of appFeed failure

- Added: Confirmation on Update Applications button

- Updated: Manual, Credits

* If an update is available, the Installed Apps tab should show you an update is available for the app.  Works on 6.2, am unable to test this on 6.1.x (as the data structure from dockerMan is different), but it should work.  If it doesn't (ie: if dockerMan shows an update but CA doesn't, let me know).

appFeed is back up and running (thanks KodeStar), but the update above will prevent CA from crashing again should this circumstance ever happen again!

Now I can get back to my mourning    :'(

I'm sorry for your loss  :'(

What is a pet rock by the way?

Missed this post...

A pet rock is the greatest friend you can ever have...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Rock

But, they can be rather finicky pets to care for (mine died :(  ), hence why you need the instruction manual for them

https://www.scribd.com/doc/252772385/The-Care-and-Training-of-Your-Pet-Rock-Manual-by-Gary-Dahl

appFeed is back up and running (thanks KodeStar), but the update above will prevent CA from crashing again should this circumstance ever happen again!

Missed this post...

But, they can be rather finicky pets to care for (mine died :(  ), hence why you need the instruction manual for them

https://www.scribd.com/doc/252772385/The-Care-and-Training-of-Your-Pet-Rock-Manual-by-Gary-Dahl

I just thought it was too early to talk about it since you didn't answer... Is it too early to ask why it died?

I have to convince my girlfriend to sell Pet Rocks in the Pet shop she works in!

Missed this post...

I just thought it was too early to talk about it since you didn't answer... Is it too early to ask why it died?

I have to convince my girlfriend to sell Pet Rocks in the Pet shop she works in!

We were practicing the various "attack" commands, and he just fell apart.  Damn coward!

Missed this post...

We were practicing the various "attack" commands, and he just fell apart.  Damn coward!

Fragile they are, these Pet Rocks  :-\