March 28, 20197 yr 15 hours ago, Hammerfest said: in the LinuxServer.io discord yes, forum thread no, seems like people there pointed to the discord or irc. "with all info needed to set up diskover. Any unraid specific instructions for common things like adding from dockerhub and editing templates are not a part of our Readmes." is hugely contradictory for anyone not familiar with how linux, dockers, dependencies and unraid work and thus my statement on the advanced tag for it Will continue on discord or in the other forum thread so as to not clutter CA any further. I don't understand where you want to go with this. We are not developing unraid and we are not the unraid support team. So I don't see why we should educate people on basic things about setting up containers on unraid. There is also a docker faq with pretty much all info needed for understanding how to use docker in unraid.
March 28, 20197 yr Author 1 hour ago, Embowe said: Confirmed.... it works with Google Chrome as well...Must be a Firefox issue... Spent the last hour while at work narrowing down where the problem lies with FF and I've got the section down that FF decides to puke on without giving any errors for some reason. *Might* be able to get a release up tonight, but probably not til tomorrow when I'm back home.
March 28, 20197 yr 5 hours ago, Squid said: Spent the last hour while at work narrowing down where the problem lies with FF and I've got the section down that FF decides to puke on without giving any errors for some reason. *Might* be able to get a release up tonight, but probably not til tomorrow when I'm back home. No worries, if you need a test for FF... let me know.
March 29, 20197 yr Author 16 hours ago, Embowe said: No worries, if you need a test for FF... let me know. Thanks, but I've got it under control. As an aside, the last release of CA (2019.02.21) also didn't work correctly with FF. I know exactly where the problem is, and will be pumping out an update tonight. You would think that javascript is javascript, but while Chrome, Edge, and Brave all think that 2+2=4, Firefox seems to believe that 2+2=5???
March 29, 20197 yr 37 minutes ago, Squid said: Firefox seems to believe that 2+2=5??? A classic. Javascript uses the '+' operator as well to concatenate strings, so 2+2 = 22 (if treated as string). A simple way to ensure arithmetic is 2*1 + 2*1 = 4 Edited March 29, 20197 yr by bonienl
March 29, 20197 yr I want to install arangodb from dockerhub, but Apps plugin cannot find it... 😟 When I try searching, it cannot find arrangodb in the regular apps, so I use the Click Here To Get More Results From DockerHub. And then the search kinda hangs... the spinner is "vawing" away, and nothing... Help, please.
March 29, 20197 yr Author 9 minutes ago, bonienl said: A classic. Javascript uses the '+' operator as well to concatenate strings, so 2+2 = 22 (if treated as string). A simple way to ensure arithmetic is 2*1 + 2*1 = 4 LOL it was just a simple explanation. In this case, FF pukes at having an animation then a callback when the animation is completed followed by a post call and when that is returned another animation with a callback. (Nested callbacks) Safari had a similar issue with CA a couple years ago with nesting multiple post calls
March 29, 20197 yr Author 9 minutes ago, shEiD said: I want to install arangodb from dockerhub, but Apps plugin cannot find it... 😟 When I try searching, it cannot find arrangodb in the regular apps, so I use the Click Here To Get More Results From DockerHub. And then the search kinda hangs... the spinner is "vawing" away, and nothing... Help, please. Sweet. This looks like it's actually a dockerHub issue. It appears that the search API doesn't do anything when searching for "arangodb" If you instead search for "aran" your app will appear (the official version is the 2nd result)
March 29, 20197 yr 8 minutes ago, Squid said: Sweet. This looks like it's actually a dockerHub issue. It appears that the search API doesn't do anything when searching for "arangodb" If you instead search for "aran" your app will appear (the official version is the 2nd result) HA, I actually tried "arango", when I got quite frustrated after trying arangodb for the nth time... it seems I still typed too much 😁 Thanks for a quick answer @Squid
March 29, 20197 yr Author 14 minutes ago, shEiD said: HA, I actually tried "arango", when I got quite frustrated after trying arangodb for the nth time... it seems I still typed too much 😁 Thanks for a quick answer @Squid After the quick look, the more indepth look revealed that this is actually a CA issue
March 29, 20197 yr Need some more help, please: I have to provide these 2 environment variables (-e), when running the arangodb docker: ARANGO_NO_AUTH=1 ARANGO_STORAGE_ENGINE=rocksdb How do I do that in the template? How/where do I add these? First time adding docker from docker hub 😓
March 29, 20197 yr 9 minutes ago, shEiD said: How/where do I add these? At the bottom of the Add Container page. Click on the "+Add another..."
March 29, 20197 yr 1 hour ago, trurl said: At the bottom of the Add Container page. Click on the "+Add another..." @trurl Thanks, it worked 👍
March 29, 20197 yr Author Can some one try FF again? I got home and everything is working fine for me. I do see that a new release of FF was released on 3/27, and maybe it wound up getting installed at some point over the course of today.
March 30, 20197 yr 18 hours ago, Squid said: Can some one try FF again? I got home and everything is working fine for me. I do see that a new release of FF was released on 3/27, and maybe it wound up getting installed at some point over the course of today. I tried today on Unraid 6.6.7, after re-installing Community Applications and using Firefox 66.0.2. It didn't work for me, hanging on the "Updating Content" message. Pressing Esc clears the message, and then the animated bars display indefinitely but the apps never appear. Everything work fine on Brave 0.61.52 (Chromium 73.0) though.
March 30, 20197 yr 46 minutes ago, Squid said: Very strange. But the update now available should fix it. Confirmed, new version works on Firefox. Thanks for the speedy update!
March 30, 20197 yr I just ran it on FF on all my machines and it seems to be back up and running again. Kudos for the quick fix!!!
April 2, 20197 yr Sorry if this is covered elsewhere in the thread. CA auto updated sometime in the last few weeks and I now find that when I install a new docker I don't see the progress. The browser (FF) simply spins in "loading page" mode and does not show the details of the package pulls and install until it either completes or fails. Is this by design? Is there a setting somewhere to change back to old behavior? I really liked watching it as it progressed vs sitting there wondering what is happening.
April 2, 20197 yr You might try adding the ip of your unraid server to the exclusions in your antivirus software. My bitdefender causes issues with websockets and I think other AV do also. Despite adding the exclusion here, something in the last few updates (either ca, or unraid itself) have caused the number of screen updates on my system to drop off, but its still better than it was before the exclusion.
April 2, 20197 yr @sturgismike I totally disabled all aspects of BitDefender but still have same issue. I can confirm it is not CA, since I tried from a different machine with different AV and it acted as expected. Which particular settings in BD did you change, just for clarity?
April 2, 20197 yr I just went into exclusions and added the ip of my unraid server. Its sounding like that isn't it though if you completely disabled BD. For me, this also fixed the issue where cpu usage and "active" things on the dashboard page weren't updating correctly. I think there were recent messages about FF specifically causing problems. You might check a few messages up, also might make sure there isn't another update sitting there. Pretty sure squid did some type of FF specific fix recently.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.