Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plug-In] Community Applications

Featured Replies

  • Author
23 minutes ago, R-Rizzo said:

Ah, I get what your saying now.   I do have a backup, but it is not as current as it should be.  And there are several docker's that I've added and configured since my last backup.  The docker's are all there and active/running.  But since the corresponding XML files are missing I can't edit them.  Do you know of a way to have Community Apps recreate them without reinstalling over the docker?

 

 

 

From the Docker Page, you would have to make a note of all the paths / ports for each app and then recreate them.

 

30 minutes ago, R-Rizzo said:

I was deleting them manually from "/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user"  Is there a backup stored somewhere else?

 

Future reference, you can delete them from Apps - Previous Apps.  That way, only the ones you aren't currently using will show and you can clean it up there safely.

  • Replies 5k
  • Views 2.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • If the source had been in the same GH user then it winds up being a new plugin. A new plugin gets flagged and I receive a notification, and until the plugins are code-reviewed etc etc the they aren'

  • My co-workers wondered why I was taking off my shirt.  They are still baffled why I have to show my belly button to a squid.  😁   

  • Back up.  Sorry for any and all inconveniences. 

Posted Images

  • Author

So yesterday's update fixes the display aberration under certain circumstances when searching, along with enhancing the swipe to change page when using a mobile device.  It also removes the "Reinstall using defaults" icon when on the Installed Apps section.

 

This icon would cause confusion as to the difference between it and the edit icon, and was probably only used by less than 1% of the users for a very specific purpose (installing a second instance of an application).  It can be re-enabled from CA's settings

Edited by Squid
Mistyped which section reinstall using defaults show on

  • 2 weeks later...

The description text of many apps are over the icons.

Unfortunately I can't install a lot of apps because I can't click on the icons that are under the text.

 

I'm using Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3 with Firefox 65.0.1 (64-bit).

 

I already tried to zomm in and zoom out but it didn't solve the problem.

 

Unraid-apps.png

Edited by Trapizomba

  • Author

What version of unRaid? Can you try a different browser?  I can't replicate via Firefox running on a Windows box.

unRaid 6.6.7

Works nice with Chromium Version 72.0.3626.119 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on LinuxMint 18.3 (64-bit)

  • Author
On 3/6/2019 at 7:07 AM, Trapizomba said:

unRaid 6.6.7

Works nice with Chromium Version 72.0.3626.119 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on LinuxMint 18.3 (64-bit)

The way it seems to me is that your version of firefox isn't rendering anything correctly.  The only way you should be able to see 6 columns when you're on at maximum 1920px across is either setting the zoom of the browser very small or setting the dynamix font size to be very small AND a zoom level very small

 

In your case, it appears that the font-size is relatively a normal size and the zoom is more or less normal, but your browser is deciding to ignore the box sizes I've specified which it does not do on a Windows platform (nor any other browser I can throw at it or Safari on a Mac, or my phones / tablet's browsers)

On 3/5/2019 at 7:39 AM, Trapizomba said:

I'm using Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3 with Firefox 65.0.1 (64-bit).

I'm on Mint Cinnamon 19 with the exact same version of FF and it works fine. I'm confident it's an issue specific to your system, not something @Squid can fix.

Thanks for this great plugin!

 

Currently, I'm looking for the docker Paperless and can't find it within CA. Is there a reason for this?

I already tried the settings for depreciated and incompatible Apps. I'm aware that I can add repositories but I thought CA was based on hub.docker.com and I can find Paperless there.

 

Thanks for your help :)

 

5 minutes ago, Symon said:

I thought CA was based on hub.docker.com

It is based on dockers which are supported in this forum. You can enable docker hub searches in Settings in the Apps page, but since there are no Unraid templates for those you will have to set them up yourself based on whatever info you can get at docker hub.

If I understand how things work, the available apps are packaged with settings specifically for unraid, and are maintained by unraid users.   Nobody has done one for Paperless apparently.   In settings, you can turn on "enable additional search results from dockerhub" at which point, you will be able to click the whale at the top of your search results to search dockerhub. 

2 hours ago, trurl said:

It is based on dockers which are supported in this forum. You can enable docker hub searches in Settings in the Apps page, but since there are no Unraid templates for those you will have to set them up yourself based on whatever info you can get at docker hub.

 

2 hours ago, sturgismike said:

If I understand how things work, the available apps are packaged with settings specifically for unraid, and are maintained by unraid users.   Nobody has done one for Paperless apparently.   In settings, you can turn on "enable additional search results from dockerhub" at which point, you will be able to click the whale at the top of your search results to search dockerhub. 

Thanks for the answers.

 

Is there somewhere a description on how to create such templates? I doubt that my knowledge is good enough to help but it would still be interesting to read / understand how it works :)

 

19 minutes ago, Symon said:

Is there somewhere a description on how to create such templates? I doubt that my knowledge is good enough to help but it would still be interesting to read / understand how it works :)

 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-566084

 

In order to get a template considered for inclusion in CA, you must create a support thread for it. That means you support it.

  • 2 weeks later...

When I try to install the plugin, I get this error:

 

Quote

But going directly to those urls works fine.

Edited by flippedcracker

  • Author
Just now, flippedcracker said:

When I try to install the plugin, I get this error:

 

 

More than likely, Network Settings, and make sure your gateway is set to your router's IP address, and use 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 as the DNS addresses

1 hour ago, Squid said:

More than likely, Network Settings, and make sure your gateway is set to your router's IP address, and use 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 as the DNS addresses

🤙 Thanks!

Hi, where do I report a problem with a template? It’s with the official Plex docker, I tried the support link but it’s dead! The problem with it is that the version field doesn’t work, it’s meant to change the tag but doesn’t! Changed tag to public manually in the repository field and Plex now updates to latest version!

cheers,

Tim

Since PlexInc never seemed to me to be super receptive on templates, I've unilaterally changed the URL for Plex to point to the root of their support thread.

 

You'll be able to hit it via the Apps Tabs, Installed Apps.  @Squid will have to do something about the fact that now the URL listed in the Docker / Dashboard pages are incorrect

  • Author
11 minutes ago, dockerPolice said:

@Squid will have to do something about the fact that now the URL listed in the Docker / Dashboard pages are incorrect

 

25 minutes ago, MothyTim said:

I tried the support link but it’s dead!

To fix the support link on the dashboard / docker tabs, first go to the Apps Tab (to insure the lists are all up to date), then go to plugins, Install Plugin and paste the following URL into the field

 

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/misc-stuff/master/fix_template.plg

 

However, due to caching of some values by unRaid, the entry on those tabs won't actually change until you either stop and restart the docker service or reboot your server.

12 minutes ago, Squid said:

 

To fix the support link on the dashboard / docker tabs, first go to the Apps Tab (to insure the lists are all up to date), then go to plugins, Install Plugin and paste the following URL into the field

 

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/misc-stuff/master/fix_template.plg

 

However, due to caching of some values by unRaid, the entry on those tabs won't actually change until you either stop and restart the docker service or reboot your server.

Ok thanks

 

I had a question which might (overall) be better suited somewhere else, BUT, I figured at least PART of it can go here since it will be in the form of feature requests.

Disclaimer, worse then a novice here as a new unRAID user (outside of SMB testing), flame away, and YES, I have tried google and the forums own search only to find so many "how-to's" and "directions" that I felt lead to post and ask questions in a few different discord's with no good result.

 

 

Some of the app's have dependencies which are NOT in CA but can be found in the docker hub search results after adding the advanced flag.

Sadly, cannot seem to set through CA at least what version to pull.

Feature request 1: version to install option

Feature request 2: sort by last updated

Feature request 3: sort by version number where applicable in search results? (this one is more hazy as has super situational context)

 

 

This came about because I wanted to install diskover, sadly, it requires elasticsearch (a specific version at that), nothing in CA, but is found in the CA dockerhub results, sadly, this and a few other docker's do NOT support the "latest" tag, so attempting to install will always fail as CA is using the latest tag.

I tried to find the version that was going to be needed for diskover (older v5.6.x) in the results, but sadly with 368 results, I was getting nowhere fast.

 

With my search results, quite a few different answers such as packages with other things in it, console install methods (multiple, ala the frustration), and while I will try one of those console methods tomorrow when i have had more then 3hrs of sleep for the day (is 11:30~PM for me), I figured I might get chided for missing the "easy" solution in my search results, but for the wonderful assholes friends who pointed me to unRAID and specifically CA, they have about 3 years of experience into unRAID, but never had to venture into console because of how wonderful CA makes it, they where of no help and not able to figure it out either :X!

 

 

 

Much thanks for CA to everyone involved.

 

 

 

Edited by Hammerfest

7 hours ago, Hammerfest said:

This came about because I wanted to install diskover, sadly, it requires elasticsearch

Yes.  Linuxserver.io is rather hypocritical by having their docker compose file directly reference elasticsearch in it, and yet not publishing a template for unRaid.😡

  • Author
8 hours ago, Hammerfest said:

Feature request 1: version to install option

Feature request 2: sort by last updated

Feature request 3: sort by version number where applicable in search results? (this one is more hazy as has super situational context)

None of these are possible with dockerHub searches.

8 hours ago, Hammerfest said:

this and a few other docker's do NOT support the "latest" tag, so attempting to install will always fail as CA is using the latest tag.

Nothing I can really do on dockerHub searches, but assume certain things that are generally correct.  One of those is assuming the latest tag

8 hours ago, Hammerfest said:

I tried to find the version that was going to be needed for diskover (older v5.6.x) in the results,

You didn't need to do that.  All you had to do was search for elasticsearch, download the first result (which is the official version), and in the repository section append something like :5.6.9 for the tag.  The full list of available tags you can use is available on the dockerHub page (which you can get via the support icon when doing the search)

 

This is all why dockerHub searches are an advanced feature as you can't install a "wild" container without reading the dockerHub page for the container to find out what options, paths, ports, and tags you can use.

 

 

Edited by Squid

  • Author
1 hour ago, dockerPolice said:

Linuxserver.io is rather hypocritical

👍

5 hours ago, Squid said:

You didn't need to do that.  All you had to do was search for elasticsearch, download the first result (which is the official version), and in the repository section append something like :5.6.9 for the tag.  The full list of available tags you can use is available on the dockerHub page (which you can get via the support icon when doing the search)

This... surprisingly was not in the results I found, in-fact, I didn't see anywhere that this was possible until you mentioned something and my search specifically contained this info (not shown in the help feature unRAID has).

 

This worked.

 

And yes, the posts for their containers is sorely lacking

 

EDIT: I have much more to learn, this is just not enough, must add more variables it seems, wasn't in appdata and couldn't find it anywhere when installed (installed to non existent space!), im sure its somewhere just not finding it, all well, thanks for the help CA peeps! Will go bother someone else or give up down the line :D

Edited by Hammerfest

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.