[Plug-In] Community Applications

I can't select sub folders to exclude via the included browser (might be a useful feature).  If I manually enter

/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sync+

Will it be excluded? It's a folder plex uses to store background syncs for cloud sync and devices I.e. it can be a very big folder.

:);)

Not sure if this is a CA, FCP or PhAzE issue so as I get more info I'll adjust accordingly.

I have PhAzE's plugins for Sick Beard, Sick Beard Alt and SickRage installed. Reason being I've been meaning to test Sickrage and Sickgear (Sick Beard alt) as a replacement for Sick Beard. When installed manually CA shows Sickrage not available for download and if I click on settings from the CA entry it takes me to the Sick Beard plugin settings. If I uninstall the Sickrage plugin it still shows not available through CA and the settings take me to the Sick Beard settings page so it can't be installed through CA. Not sure what it does when I remove Sick Beard as it's in use unlike the other two that are installed but not started.

FCP Also shows the following warning for PhAzE's sickrage plugin:

"The plugin Sickrage.plg is not known to Community Applications and is possibly incompatible with your server"

Doesn't seem to affect the functionality of any of the programs except as described so no big deal. Just thought I'd post a FYI.

Not sure if this is a CA, FCP or PhAzE issue so as I get more info I'll adjust accordingly.

I have PhAzE's plugins for Sick Beard, Sick Beard Alt and SickRage installed. Reason being I've been meaning to test Sickrage and Sickgear (Sick Beard alt) as a replacement for Sick Beard. When installed manually CA shows Sickrage not available for download and if I click on settings from the CA entry it takes me to the Sick Beard plugin settings. If I uninstall the Sickrage plugin it still shows not available through CA and the settings take me to the Sick Beard settings page so it can't be installed through CA. Not sure what it does when I remove Sick Beard as it's in use unlike the other two that are installed but not started.

FCP Also shows the following warning for PhAzE's sickrage plugin:

"The plugin Sickrage.plg is not known to Community Applications and is possibly incompatible with your server"

Doesn't seem to affect the functionality of any of the programs except as described so no big deal. Just thought I'd post a FYI.

It's an issue that PhAzE has to fix.

Both the templates for SickRage and SickBeard are both pointing at the same .plg file  He either changed it inadvertently, or I made a mistake when I originally created the templates for him.

Either way, since he's forked the templates, only he can fix the mistake.

First time using CA.

When I want to add application(rclone), which should I choose in the Add Container->Template->Select a template combo box? When I click the combo box it list these items:

1.[user defined templates]

2.[default templates]

3.[limetech]

4. sync

5. plexmediaserver

Also, how do i create new templates? What is the settings of those templates? Which templates should I choose and why?

thanks.

First time using CA.

When I want to add application(rclone), which should I choose in the Add Container->Template->Select a template combo box? When I click the combo box it list these items:

1.[user defined templates]

2.[default templates]

3.[limetech]

4. sync

5. plexmediaserver

Also, how do i create new templates? What is the settings of those templates? Which templates should I choose and why?

thanks.

You don't hit the add container button ever again.  Go to the Apps tab instead and feel the love (there's also a full manual / help text available for CA if you hit "Help")  (side note:  Even when adding through CA, that select template drop down will still display, but you don't select anything for it)

As to what to fill out for the settings of the templates, any additional settings, etc will be detailed in the support thread for the particular app (A support link will be listed with every app), but generally, all you will have to do is fill out the host mapping for the /Config folder (ie: the appdata path)

Also wouldn't hurt to peruse the Docker FAQ sticky

You don't hit the add container button ever again.  Go to the Apps tab instead and feel the love (there's also a full manual / help text available for CA if you hit "Help")  (side note:  Even when adding through CA, that select template drop down will still display, but you don't select anything for it)

As to what to fill out for the settings of the templates, any additional settings, etc will be detailed in the support thread for the particular app (A support link will be listed with every app), but generally, all you will have to do is fill out the host mapping for the /Config folder (ie: the appdata path)

Also wouldn't hurt to peruse the Docker FAQ sticky

I should mention that i add rclone through CA. And what I mention before are the subsequent page shown when I try to add rclone.

So what I should do is ignore the 'Select template' combo box that are shown when I try to add application through CA?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding backup, I just updated to 6.2.2, and decided to change my appdata location the the limetech suggested location. So my appdata now resides in mnt/user/system/docker/appdata. I previously had appdata on its own share, /mnt/cache/appdata.

Now that appdata is a sub folder of system/docker the Excluded Folder Browser doesn't allow to go deeper to select to exclude sub folders. Does the exclude list (manually populated) still work?

Alternatively is it possible to select a sub folder of a share to be the appdata location, then I could make that the root, and therefore exclude would work again.

Unless I'm missing something, what would be the recommend way to do this using the limetech folder structure?

Regarding backup, I just updated to 6.2.2, and decided to change my appdata location the the limetech suggested location. So my appdata now resides in mnt/user/system/docker/appdata. I previously had appdata on its own share, /mnt/cache/appdata.

Now that appdata is a sub folder of system/docker the Excluded Folder Browser doesn't allow to go deeper to select to exclude sub folders. Does the exclude list (manually populated) still work?

Alternatively is it possible to select a sub folder of a share to be the appdata location, then I could make that the root, and therefore exclude would work again.

Unless I'm missing something, what would be the recommend way to do this using the limetech folder structure?

I'll try and make the necessary adjustments to allow you to actually select an appdata folder within a share.  (At the time of introduction, the prevailing wisdom was a completely separate appdata share)

But as you noted, you are able to manually punch in sub-folders to exclude.

I'll try and make the necessary adjustments to allow you to actually select an appdata folder within a share.  (At the time of introduction, the prevailing wisdom was a completely separate appdata share)

But as you noted, you are able to manually punch in sub-folders to exclude.

Will the docker.img be excluded by default? (I don't want to back it up) Since it is "by default" located in the docker folder.

Will the docker.img be excluded by default? (I don't want to back it up) Since it is "by default" located in the docker folder.

Yes.  It is always excluded because of this:

Backing up of the docker.img has now been removed (it was optional previously) - While I don't personally think that backing up of the image file is ever necessary, I ran through some experiments, and have removed the option altogether (it will now always be excluded).  This is because CA and the various modules (including backup/restore) store various files, settings, logs, etc within the docker.img file so that there is never any possibility of running out of RAM if they were stored there.  And the logs for instance from backup / restore are HUGE because every single file is logged as its moved (logs are removed at the conclusion of the backup / restore).  Net result is that docker.img is basically always in use during a backup/restore, and during a restore, the operation will either fail, or will have weird consequences.

OK, Squid, I'm finally getting around to using CA to backup my appdata after using a scripted cron job for a long time.

One observation, not sure this is strictly true any longer?  As I recall, the backup function used to require a dedicated share, but if I'm intepreting things correctly, now it just requires a dedicated folder, so can be a subfolder of a share. 

I am using

[*]/mnt/user/backups/unraid/appdata

[*]/mnt/user/backups/unraid/usb

[*]/mnt/user/backups/unraid/vms

So I wondered if this should be worded a little differently?

pqCauye.jpg

If I'm right, then at least it gives you the chance to do an update without me taking the mick....  ;)

Can't select a user share as a backup location. Have been using a disk share, but saw user share as an option now. When clicking user from the drop down it goes no further.

Drop down box selections:

Select a disk

disk1

disk2

disk3

user

Select user and the path to backup is just user. Expected to be able to select user/data/backups for example.

Thanks for the improvements to Appdata Share (Source) selection.

Can't select a user share as a backup location. Have been using a disk share, but saw user share as an option now. When clicking user from the drop down it goes no further.

Select a disk

disk1

disk2

disk3

user

Select user and the path to backup is just user. Expected to be able to select user/data/backups for example.

Did you try clicking in the destination box.  Should bring up a directory browser.  Works for me...

If I'm right, then at least it gives you the chance to do an update without me taking the mick....  ;)

Really?  You want me to issue an update to change the word share to folder?  And then you're not going to rub it in my face? 

1122914504-fool-me-once.png

If you issue an update just for that then I'm going to rub your face in it, I would suggest perhaps amalgamating it into another update.  ;D

9a651dd4c2d6a5fe70f2a33b4101be09.jpg

Select a disk

disk1

disk2

disk3

user

Did you try clicking in the destination box.  Should bring up a directory browser.  Works for me...

Doh! I didn't try that.  Thanks squid

Sent using Tapatalk