[Plug-In] Community Applications

So I'm having an issue installing a couple of plugins (but that's not what this post is about) and I have Docker stopped, I noticed that under Previous Apps when you click on the icon for the description pop up, the description doesn't match the addon. The first couple of addons in the list were fine, but then it got to one of the plugins I am having issues with and all the descriptions in the list after that were wrong. This only applies to the description in the popup, I'm using the Tables view and the description to the right is showing correctly.

Can you show me an example

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

width=300https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/medical-pain-painful-wail-wailed-yell-jmp060518_low.jpg[/img]

Fixed pop up descriptions in previous / installed apps might not display the correct description

Changed how blacklisted apps are processed

I'm going to take the time to reiterate a point for developers and v2 templates.  Manually editing them is a recipe for disaster, and mistakes will either result in the template being automatically skipped and not available within CA, or having CA throw a bunch of exceptions onto the screen.  Only use dockerMan to make changes to them.

Since my local hospital does not currently use the Wail-O-Meter, my easiest recourse at this moment is to simply blacklist offending templates until fixed.

Got another one for you Squid. This does not happen every time I open CA, but I have noticed it about 3 times today. It doesn't seem to be causing any issues that I can see as it goes away as soon I click on anything else.

Update CA.  Those errors are what the "I'd like to reiterate about manually editing xml files" comment is about in the previous post, (and why the blacklist processing got changed)  And yeah, they are harmless, but ultimately caused by a particular way to malform an xml file.

Got another one for you Squid. This does not happen every time I open CA, but I have noticed it about 3 times today. It doesn't seem to be causing any issues that I can see as it goes away as soon I click on anything else.

Update CA.  Those errors are what the "I'd like to reiterate about manually editing xml files" comment is about in the previous post, (and why the blacklist processing got changed)  And yeah, they are harmless, but ultimately caused by a particular way to malform an xml file.

I believe it happened once after updating today, but I could be wrong. I can let you know if it happens again.

I believe it happened once after updating today, but I could be wrong. I can let you know if it happens again.

You might have caught it when I briefly took one of the apps about of blacklist to experiment with some code changes.  But for the next little while most coding of mine is going to go at a snail's pace while I've got a cast on my hand 

But for the next little while most coding of mine is going to go at a snail's pace while I've got a cast on my hand

You know you are supposed to take your hand OUT of the door jamb before you shut the door, right?  :'(

Actually went to scoot my wheeled chair forward a bit and my bum lost traction and I wound up on the floor.  (After all these many years I've still got a baby smooth bum  ;D  )

Hi.

I'm new on unRaid.

I want to install this Community Applications plug-In, but i have this message :

plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg ... failed (Network failure)
plugin: wget: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg download failure (Network failure)

I've tested with Google dns, same problem.

I've tested to install separatly this three plug'in : CA Appdata Backup / Restore plugin, the CA Plugin Autoupdate plugin, and the CA Appdata Cleanup plugin, and no problem for those one.

Any idea ?

But for the next little while most coding of mine is going to go at a snail's pace while I've got a cast on my hand

You know you are supposed to take your hand OUT of the door jamb before you shut the door, right?  :'(

Actually went to scoot my wheeled chair forward a bit and my bum lost traction and I wound up on the floor.  (After all these many years I've still got a baby smooth bum  ;D  )

Nekkid coding? That explains a lot!  ::)

Guys, I am new to unRAID but decided to jump in and bought the basic license.

Quick question, is it normal when I enter the Apps section after installing the plugin, to see the Content update list loading for 2-3 minutes and the presenting data? I have 300mbps internet, brand new pendrive to boot unRAID from, 5820k cpu and SSD cache installed.

Watching Spaceinvader One I can tell it shouldn't take so much time and additionally it seems that the server during that time is unresponsive.

Thank yoU!

Quick question, is it normal when I enter the Apps section after installing the plugin, to see the Content update list loading for 2-3 minutes and the presenting data? I have 300mbps internet, brand new pendrive to boot unRAID from, 5820k cpu and SSD cache installed.

Watching Spaceinvader One I can tell it shouldn't take so much time and additionally it seems that the server during that time is unresponsive.

Thank yoU!

Nope.  Its roughly 140K compressed download (uncompressed about 1 meg)

Only "normal" reason for it to take that long is if you hit Legacy Mode.

What happens if you hit this url directly  http://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json

Another possibility is you have issues on your cache drive, in which case diagnostics would be in order.

Thank yoU!

Nope.  Its roughly 140K compressed download (uncompressed about 1 meg)

Only "normal" reason for it to take that long is if you hit Legacy Mode.

What happens if you hit this url directly  http://tools.linuxserver.io/unraid-docker-templates.json

Another possibility is you have issues on your cache drive, in which case diagnostics would be in order.

Legacy Mode as in BIOS? (sorry if that sounds like a dumb question, should I change it to UEFI only?)

EDIT: After changing to UEFI only in BIOS I cannot boot from pendrive. Pendrive shows up in boot manager, but after selecting it, it just skips it.

When I hit the URL directly (on other PC, from which I use browser to do stuff on my unRAID machine) I get the json file in a split second.

I run the SMART tests of my SSD cache, Completed without errors.

PS. is it normal that on my cache ssd, the docker.img file is 21.5GB? (please remember it's brand new array).

It should be whatever size is specified in the docker settings.    This is just a file being treated as a disk image for storing docker containers so it may actually be mostly empty.  I think 20GB is probably the default size as being more than enough for most people without being too excessive.