[Plug-In] Community Applications

Yeah I posted it to wind you up if I'm honest, I'd worked out what had happened and checked your github account....  :)

Truth be told, there was no reason to even issue an update since there was nothing actually wrong.  I messed up originally be redoing the txz so pretty much had to update to 11a... 

Apologies for a stupid question, but I'm late to the party and have only just discovered the backup plugin now it's on its own.  It pointed me here for support, but at 92 pages I'm a bit overwhelmed!

I've just set up and run my first backup, leaving everything pretty much as default, except for...

- set appdata share to /mnt/user/appdata (should it be cache/appdata? I have a cache only share)

- set disk # to disk2

- set destination share to appdata-backup/ (a share I created for this)

- set it to a weekly backup to run on Monday

I triggered a manual backup, and all has run fine, but in addition to the two "Community_Applications_USB_Backup" and "Community_Applications_VM_XML_Backup" folders in my appdata-backup share, they're also now in appdata.  Should they be here?

Obviously not a huge issue, but I thought I'd ask - I'd love to save your time and read through this thread, but at 92 pages it's not looking likely...!

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

Apologies for a stupid question, but I'm late to the party and have only just discovered the backup plugin now it's on its own.  It pointed me here for support, but at 92 pages I'm a bit overwhelmed!

I've just set up and run my first backup, leaving everything pretty much as default, except for...

- set appdata share to /mnt/user/appdata (should it be cache/appdata? I have a cache only share)

- set disk # to disk2

- set destination share to appdata-backup/ (a share I created for this)

- set it to a weekly backup to run on Monday

I triggered a manual backup, and all has run fine, but in addition to the two "Community_Applications_USB_Backup" and "Community_Applications_VM_XML_Backup" folders in my appdata-backup share, they're also now in appdata.  Should they be here?

Obviously not a huge issue, but I thought I'd ask - I'd love to save your time and read through this thread, but at 92 pages it's not looking likely...!

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

If you set USB / VM Backups to be same destination as appdata, then the process is that they are first copied to the appdata share, and then the backup proceeds from there.  So, yes they should be there.

If you set USB / VM Backups to be same destination as appdata, then the process is that they are first copied to the appdata share, and then the backup proceeds from there.  So, yes they should be there.

Ahh, thank you.  I misunderstood "destination" to mean they'll be copied to the backup destination (which they are by the end of it).

Obviously not a problem - thanks for your time.

Ahh, thank you.  I misunderstood "destination" to mean they'll be copied to the backup destination (which they are by the end of it).

Obviously not a problem - thanks for your time.

I know that it's a little strange at first glance. (Personally, I use separate destinations for both to keep everything cleaner)

Hi Squid I love the new separate destinations for the VM XML. This plugin just keeps getting better and better!  :)

I have a request for a feature.

I had to recreate my libvirt.img the other day and as a result lost my OVMF NVRAM files.

So when starting a VM it looks for example /etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/******-pure-efi.fd that was created when the VM

was originally made, so will not start. It's not a problem making a new NVRAM file , but if something in an OVMF bios,

such as resolution has been  changed, then this must be reset up again too.

So what I am asking please, is if you could add the NVRAM to the VM XML backups aswell ?  :D

Hi Squid I love the new separate destinations for the VM XML. This plugin just keeps getting better and better!  :)

I had to recreate my libvirt.img the other day and as a result lost my OVMF NVRAM files.

So when starting a VM it looks for example /etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/******-pure-efi.fd that was created when the VM

was originally made, so will not start. It's not a problem making a new NVRAM file , but if something in an OVMF bios,

So what I am asking please, is if you could add the NVRAM to the VM XML backups aswell ?  :D

Not a problem....  Don't particularly run VMs, so beyond the xml I don't know what to back up that contains static data

Not a problem....  Don't particularly run VMs, so beyond the xml I don't know what to back up that contains static data

Thanks alot Squid. Just bought you a beer for that one !!  :)

Thanks alot Squid. Just bought you a beer for that one !!  :)

Thanks for the beer.  Appreciate it

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Is it possible to have a Google Drive destination for the flash backup?

Myk

Any mount point is possible for destinations.  If it doesn't appear in the filetree, simply type it in.  How you mount it is up to you.  I *believe* there is a plugin that will mount it for you (rclone?)

E: Please move this to CA Application auto update topic.

The new version creates this crontab entry:

0 0 * * * /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/updateApplica

tions.php >dev/null 2>&1

Missing the leading slash there. Results in a notice to my email:

Subj: cron for user root /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.update.applications/scripts/updateApplica

tions.php >dev/null 2>&1

Ah ok  I now saw what you're seeing.  There were a couple of references in there, and I had previously fixed 2 of them, but missed the one in the .plg file which converted from the old frequency system to the new one.  I've issued an update, but it won't fix the issue except on new updates that missed yesterdays.

Solution is to just change any setting on the frequency / time of execution.

This plugin is great but I was wondering if there was a way to exclude certain dockers from being stopped?  I backup my mysql database separately and I'd prefer not to stop it if possible.

No.  I'll add it, but won't add it to the GUI, as the odds of a non-successful backup rise significantly because of files being open, and don't want the people who just want their nzbGet running all the time to think that they can simply exclude it and have a successful backup done.

I'll make a hidden method of selecting which apps to stop and we'll go from there.

This plugin is great but I was wondering if there was a way to exclude certain dockers from being stopped?  I backup my mysql database separately and I'd prefer not to stop it if possible.

No.  I'll add it, but won't add it to the GUI, as the odds of a non-successful backup rise significantly because of files being open, and don't want the people who just want their nzbGet running all the time to think that they can simply exclude it and have a successful backup done.

I'll make a hidden method of selecting which apps to stop and we'll go from there.

Awesome squid.  Thanks.

Not sure if this would work as a feature of "docker buttons" or CA but I'm thinking CA.

I had, for whatever reason, almost all of my docker get orphaned. Not a big deal thanks to CA, just go to previous apps and re-install each docker one by one. But I have a lot of dockers and its a slightly lengthy process.

Any chance of "Re-install Bulk" all dockers that a check boxed get reinstalled all in one shot?

I know this is super lazy so it's not something remotely necessary.

Not sure if this would work as a feature of "docker buttons" or CA but I'm thinking CA.

I had, for whatever reason, all most of my docker get orphaned. Not a big deal thanks to CA, just go to previous apps and re-install each docker one by one. But I have a lot of dockers and its a slightly lengthy process.

Any chance of "Re-install Bulk" all dockers that a check boxed get reinstalled all in one shot?

I know this is super lazy so I'm not something remotely necessary.

What version of unRaid are you on?

I had, for whatever reason, all most of my docker get orphaned. Not a big deal thanks to CA, just go to previous apps and re-install each docker one by one. But I have a lot of dockers and its a slightly lengthy process.

Anyone who's on 6.2 the docker Updates will orphan the images.  I figured out where I went wrong (had the right idea this morning on the fix, but had the wrong syntax), and just need to wait for another container to be updated.  In the mean time, 28b actually disables the docker update routine on 6.2 so the problem won't happen again until I can actually test this.

Just got this "notification" sent to my email;

/etc/cron.daily/updateApplications.sh: line 2: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/scripts/updateApplications.php: No such file or directory

with the subject line;

cron for user root /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.daily 1> /dev/null

this is the first time this has happened. I had just updated to 2016-11-13 in the last 24 hours.

i usually get updated by email about faults but not about application updates.

any idea on what to do next.

if you need any extra info (diagnostics) please let me know.

EDIT:

Just removed all CA plugins and reinstalled. im checking if this will fix it. will post back with a result soon.

So I'm having an issue installing a couple of plugins (but that's not what this post is about) and I have Docker stopped, I noticed that under Previous Apps when you click on the icon for the description pop up, the description doesn't match the addon. The first couple of addons in the list were fine, but then it got to one of the plugins I am having issues with and all the descriptions in the list after that were wrong. This only applies to the description in the popup, I'm using the Tables view and the description to the right is showing correctly.