[Plug-In] Community Applications

Cheers buddy, I'm just off to work too. Thanks for the help, beer incoming ;)

Thanks for the pint, mate!

The work around is easy enough to avoid that error.  Still trying to figure out why its doing that anyways, since no matter what I try I can't replicate it all... - My best guess is that its a conflict between CA and a dynamix plugin that I'm not using but you are - in which case I'll rename what's conflicting to avoid this in the future - Might do it anyways since the "class" that I'm using ("setting") is named pretty generically and might conflict in the future.  Either that or its an ad-blocker issue - would be surprised at this though.

Cheers buddy, I'm just off to work too. Thanks for the help, beer incoming ;)

ok.  Can I get you to download this file and save it on your flash drive: https://github.com/Squidly271/community.applications/raw/master/archive/community.applications-2016.09.13.txz

Then from the local keyboard / monitor or via putty / ssh, login and enter the following:

installpkg /boot/community.applications-2016.09.13.txz
rm -rf /tmp/community.applications

And then try setting this up again.  The Apply button should be disabled after dismissing the popup, and if you select "Select A Source" as the source (which BTW happens to be a bug, but is useful here) red text should appear at the top complaining about the source.

Oh yeah, before applying and after applying any changes can you post the contents of this file:

/config/plugins/community.applications/backupOptions.json stored on the flash drive.  (just open it in notepad)

I put the checks in place to force it to work, and the changes in the json file should tell me what is going on.

If the apply button (or selecting Select A share) doesn't work properly, then post another screen shot showing the javascript errors as before.

Good morning all.

I'm in the process of testing UnRAID this weekend and potentially making the switch.

However I'm a little overwhelmed between best practise of Plugins/Dockers etc.

My question really is would this (the Community Applications plugin) be the one and only installation I should make on top of UnRAID itself to get...

SABNZBd.

Deluge

Plex Media Server

Couch Potato

Sonarr

Setup in the best manner possible and for easily updating and upgrading in future?

All the things you mention would be installed as Docker containers. The Community Applications plugin provides an easy way to install these and keep them up to date. It also provides an automated way of backing up the settings of your dockers as well as a host of extra tools.

Great stuff, that was my understanding of it's purpose and I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

Cheers!

All working perfectly now, thanks.

I kind of went through your post sequentially and as such I had already made the changes before reading the bit about the backupOptions.json file  ::)

You still want the contents of the file?

Yeah, I still would like the contents of that.
{
    "source": "/mnt/cache/appdata",
    "destination": "/mnt/user",
    "destinationShare": "CAbackup",
    "excluded": "",
    "backupFlash": "appdata",
    "usbDestination": "",
    "backupXML": "appdata",
    "xmlDestination": "",
    "notification": "always",
    "stopScript": "",
    "startScript": "",
    "rsyncOption": "-avXHq --delete",
    "runRsync": "true",
    "logBackup": "something really went wrong here",
    "cronSetting": "monthly",
    "datedBackup": "yes",
    "deleteOldBackup": "180",
    "fasterRsync": "no",
    "cronDay": "1",
    "cronMonth": "2",
    "cronHour": "2",
    "cronMinute": "0",
    "cronCustom": ""
}

{
    "source": "/mnt/cache/appdata",
    "destination": "/mnt/user",
    "destinationShare": "CAbackup",
    "excluded": "",
    "backupFlash": "appdata",
    "usbDestination": "",
    "backupXML": "appdata",
    "xmlDestination": "",
    "notification": "always",
    "stopScript": "",
    "startScript": "",
    "rsyncOption": "-avXHq --delete",
    "runRsync": "true",
    "cronSetting": "monthly",
    "datedBackup": "yes",
    "deleteOldBackup": "180",
    "fasterRsync": "no",
    "cronDay": "1",
    "cronMonth": "2",
    "cronHour": "2",
    "cronMinute": "0",
    "cronCustom": ""
}

And this is what I was looking for:

Select an option for backup log to usb (its probably blank right now) and everything should be perfect

And this is what I was looking for:

Select an option for backup log to usb (its probably blank right now) and everything should be perfect

Done. Cheers buddy :)

It was a hangover from 2016-09-03 Where that entry got trashed.  The bug was found on 9/5 and fixed 9/6 but looks like you made changes in the settings during that time.  Which is why I couldn't replicate since I only went back as far as the current release version to test...  There will be a general update to CA available tonight.

EDIT:  In retrospect the easiest solution for you would have to actually been to just delete backupOptions.json and set it back up (which would have worked), but then we wouldn't have found what the problem actually was and someone else would have run into the same thing.

Thanks for your help...

Good morning all.

I'm in the process of testing UnRAID this weekend and potentially making the switch.

However I'm a little overwhelmed between best practise of Plugins/Dockers etc.

My question really is would this (the Community Applications plugin) be the one and only installation I should make on top of UnRAID itself to get...

SABNZBd.

Deluge

Plex Media Server

Couch Potato

Sonarr

Setup in the best manner possible and for easily updating and upgrading in future?

"Officially" I take a neutral attitude towards whether you install a plugin or a docker app with regards to those.  "Unofficially", I think its pretty obvious which direction I recommend on that.

IMHO, CA is the only plugin which you will ever install manually by pasting in the URL in the Plugins Tab.  After that let CA take over the installation of everything (plugin and docker)

All the things you mention would be installed as Docker containers. The Community Applications plugin provides an easy way to install these and keep them up to date. It also provides an automated way of backing up the settings of your dockers as well as a host of extra tools.

Great stuff, that was my understanding of it's purpose and I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

Cheers!

There are quite a few other useful plugins that cannot be installed as dockers. You can also learn about and install those from Community Applications.

After that let CA take over the installation of everything (plugin and docker)

One ring to rule them all.

One ring to find them.

One ring to bring them all

and in the darkness bind them.

I just made that up. :D

Pretty good. Squid should try to work that in as a logo or motto or something.

One ring to find them.

Change my spinner to this?

RotatingRingAnimationFile.gif

One ring to find them.

I like ;D

One ring to find them.

Please God let that be the only picture of your ring you post....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

One ring to find them.

Please God let that be the only picture of your ring you post....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I'd love to reply with something good, but it'll wind up getting bilged.  Rightfully so.  Shades of Sparklyballs' girlfriend's pictures.

funny-shit-lol-cherry-32634579-320-320.jpg

- Fixed minor compatibilty issues with 6.2 Final

- Changed: Only log maximum 10 rsync errors in backup module

- Fixed: disallow faster rsync option if days to keep backup sets is disabled (or set to 0)

- Fixed: backup to flashdrive setting (entry could have been possibly corrupted under 2016.09.03)

- Added: Script to delete old dated backups in addition to ALL backups and error backups only *

- Changed: Update Apps now called Legacy Mode.  Selecting again goes back to appFeed mode

- Removed: Private Repositories via a GitHub repo. **

- Added: Selectable notifications on autoupdates of plugins

- Added: XML Branch support while in Legacy Mode

- Fixed: Display aberrations while in legacy mode if some repositories didn't download

- Added: Legacy mode will now display any XML's which failed to parse

Now with 6.2 final released, I will shortly be completely deprecating the ability for the backup module to put backups onto a disk share, and will instead rely upon the user to appropriately set included / excluded disks & split levels for any destination share.  When running 6.1, disk shares are still the only method that CA backup will support.

* Because of how the backup module works, if the disk / share used for a backup destination winds up full, old dated backups (that may be scheduled to be deleted) will not get deleted (in order to always preserve a completed backup set).  This kind of leads into a catch-22 situation because at that point no further backup will succeed, and no old backups will ever get deleted in order to make room for the new ones.  Manually deleting the old backup sets is a PITA due to the varying permissions involved, so a new script under the Misc Tab within the backup module exists which will delete all backup sets which meet the criteria on days to delete, in addition to the original scripts of deleting ALL backup sets, and deleting the errored out backup sets only.

** Really doubt anyone ever used this option, because after looking at the code again, CA was reverting back to Legacy mode to accomplish this support, so ultimately it is more trouble than its worth.  CA still supports private repositories via creating a folder under /boot/config/plugins/community.applications/private/REPOSITORYname/ and placing the xml's within it.

An update for Dynamix webUI is / was being offered up to 6.1.9 users without updating to 6.2

Unfortunately, this update is incompatible with 6.1.9 (its the 6.2 webUI).  You will need to disable auto-updates on the dynamix webUI.

I would offer up a CA update to try and mitigate this problem, but most users would get the CA update through auto-updates, at which point the UI is going to update itself to, so there's no much point.

An update for Dynamix webUI is / was being offered up to 6.1.9 users without updating to 6.2

Unfortunately, this update is incompatible with 6.1.9 (its the 6.2 webUI).  You will need to disable auto-updates on the dynamix webUI.

I would offer up a CA update to try and mitigate this problem, but most users would get the CA update through auto-updates, at which point the UI is going to update itself to, so there's no much point.

Man I got hit with this.  Scared the crap out of me to find a fix since nothing would start up after this update.  Fixed it now.