[Plug-In] Community Applications

I've always believed you have to code things 3 times. The 1st time to figure out what it is supposed to do, the 2nd time to figure out how to do it, and the 3rd time to do it right.

Of course you never have the time/money to do the 3rd time.

Yep. Customer never quite understands that 3rd one tho... hard enough to pitch the 2nd round. LOL

I've recently come across work from over a decade ago that could have used a 4th run through.

I've always believed you have to code things 3 times. The 1st time to figure out what it is supposed to do, the 2nd time to figure out how to do it, and the 3rd time to do it right.

Of course you never have the time/money to do the 3rd time.

Programming is also so much a learning experience. The more you code in programming language X, the more knowledge you gain. Revisit the first code you wrote in that programming language X, and you immediately feel the urge to do that "better"  ;)

I can't code, but I find when I write something in bash, I go back to it, and can't remember what it actually means?  ;D

I've since taken to commenting my stuff..... a lot.

Umm, I think you are kidding about "can't code", right? You do know writing a sequence of commands to be executed later and produce some result is programming / coding?

Just because you happen to be using bash instead of assembly doesn't make it any less "code".

And the mark of a great coder is clear concise accurate commenting and documentation.

The more I think about who I'm replying to, the more certain I am that you were joking around / trolling. I'll post anyway, just to get a reaction.  ;D

I can't code, but I find when I write something in bash, I go back to it, and can't remember what it actually means?  ;D

Umm, I think you are kidding about "can't code", right? You do know writing a sequence of commands to be executed later and produce some result is programming / coding?

Just because you happen to be using bash instead of assembly doesn't make it any less "code".

And the mark of a great coder is clear concise accurate commenting and documentation.

The more I think about who I'm replying to, the more certain I am that you were joking around / trolling. I'll post anyway, just to get a reaction.  ;D

I truly don't consider myself a coder/programmer, I've only been messing around in bash for about 18 months or so, so I think it would be somewhat arrogant to describe myself as anything but an enthusiastic amateur.  Some of the guys on here, Squid being one, amaze me with some of the stuff they turn out.  I'm not even in the same league.

I truly don't consider myself a coder/programmer, I've only been messing around in bash for about 18 months or so, so I think it would be somewhat arrogant to describe myself as anything but an enthusiastic amateur.  Some of the guys on here, Squid being one, amaze me with some of the stuff they turn out.  I'm not even in the same league.

C'mon... Give yourself a little more credit than that...  Bash (to put it mildly) isn't the easiest thing to program in.  Check out this little snippet from bonienl  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=29009.msg493023#msg493023  You bash guys amaze me.  I take the easy / lazy way and do it in a different language.

Would it be possible to integrate auto update of certain Docker Container's as well, like you can with Plugins? I'm running some Beta dockers, which almost have daily updates, and I'm tired of manually clicking update :-D

Its one thing that I wanted to do when I did the plugin auto-updates, put on the back burner, forgot all about, etc.  I'll try and get around to it next time I see an update for one of my dockers available.

I did a quick search and nothing immediately came up and I realize this is probably something really stupid on my part but why don't I have the option to ADD?

Glad that the problem is solved, but didn't CA show you under every icon that docker was not enabled?  (Plugins would still be installable via CA)

Trying to see if I have a bug here or not.

It was a while ago so I can't be certain. There definitely was some text but I can't remember what. If it said Not Enabled I might have interpreted that to refer to the docker itself. I don't think it said Docker system not enabled as that would have been obvious to me.

I did a quick search and nothing immediately came up and I realize this is probably something really stupid on my part but why don't I have the option to ADD?

Glad that the problem is solved, but didn't CA show you under every icon that docker was not enabled?  (Plugins would still be installable via CA)

Trying to see if I have a bug here or not.

It was a while ago so I can't be certain. There definitely was some text but I can't remember what. If it said Not Enabled I might have interpreted that to refer to the docker itself. I don't think it said Docker system not enabled as that would have been obvious to me.

It would have said Docker not Enabled  I guess I can see where that can be misinterpreted.  Maybe I'll change it to be Docker System not Enabled

Would it be possible to integrate auto update of certain Docker Container's as well, like you can with Plugins? I'm running some Beta dockers, which almost have daily updates, and I'm tired of manually clicking update :-D

Its one thing that I wanted to do when I did the plugin auto-updates, put on the back burner, forgot all about, etc.  I'll try and get around to it next time I see an update for one of my dockers available.

Okay cool. If you want to have a docker to test on, just let me know. I can push some updates to my docker (https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48772.0).

Hey Andy!!

The Linuxserver.io znc container has been moved from the lsiodev repository to the main linuxserver repository. I only spotted today that it doesn't appear in CA any more.

A little birds tells me that there is some xml that needs to be updated to make it appear again!?

:)

Would it be possible to put a "Cancel" button on the updating apps window that shows when you first hit the Apps tab?

I'm on SLOW satellite internet, and occasionally I just click that tab by mistake, and I'm forced to watch the wheel spin for about a minute as punishment for my mistake  :-[

Your mileage will vary here.  The appfeed itself is only downloaded at the start if there has been a change to it.

I was originally going to go into an explanation of how things work under the hood, but ultimately decided to just state that:

No: Adding a cancel button is not currently possible.  It *may* become possible in the months ahead, but no promises.

I will tell you this, on such a slow internet connection, don't ever hit the Update Applications button.  If you're sitting there for a minute waiting for the appfeed to download, (takes ~5seconds for me on what I consider to be my absolute crappy internet speeds), then you're going to be sitting for ~20 minutes on a forced update.

Hey Andy!!

I'm going to try and smile at that moniker, but truth be told I hate with a passion Andy.  Much prefer Andrew or Squid or even a$$hole

The Linuxserver.io znc container has been moved from the lsiodev repository to the main linuxserver repository. I only spotted today that it doesn't appear in CA any more.

A little birds tells me that there is some xml that needs to be updated to make it appear again!?

:)

Nothing on my end ever needs to be done regarding updates to xml's.  The application feed (by Kode / hosted by lsio) handles everything automatically and is automatically updated every two hours.

If you happen to browse the categories looking for ZNC and its already installed, then you will not see it unless you either go to Installed Apps, or alternatively within the settings, you can turn off separating installed from not installed.

IE: I've checked, ZNC is indeed there and everything is working as is.

Okay cool. If you want to have a docker to test on, just let me know. I can push some updates to my docker (https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48772.0).

ok.  Thanks.  I'll put it on a todo list to hit in the next week or so.

width=350https://i.imgflip.com/mmf2q.jpg[/img]

Added in VM XML backups (either separate folder or same folder as appdata)

Major rewrite of rendering engine.  Far, far faster at displaying the results (especially displaying All Apps in table or Icon Details Mode)

Fixed app of the day or not possibly display a moderated app if the appfeed happened to have changed during the day

Fix various navigation buttons not properly being disabled when forcing an update under certain circumstances

Fixed search on author where apps would always display as being installed

Many, many other coding improvements (too many to list)

And as for the "bloat of the dayTM"(just to make CHBMB happy to have something to complain about), technically CA is now skinnable.  Side effect of the new rendering engine.  I have plans for this in the future.  The skinning cost an extra 2 lines of code in the engine while the engine itself saved ~300.  At the end of the day, the download size of CA is half of what it was a month ago before the rewrite.

I just updated it but I'm not getting anything on the apps page. Its all blank and only see the buttons. Clicking on the buttons don't do anything.

Screen_Shot_2016-09-03_at_12.37.32_PM_ous7yb.png

ok...  Seems like Safari isn't fully javascript compliant with regards to default parameters on functions (I'm assuming this, because I just tested it all over again on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge with no problems...  IE for some unknown reason also fails this)

Check for an update in 5 minutes