unRAID v6.0.0 GUI - Strange behavior

Zonediver

Hi Experts,

i updated my unraid-server to v6.0.0 and almost all is running smooth but i observed some "strange" GUI behaviors:

1) Real Time Page update is not working

Under "Settings", "Display Settings" "Page update frequency", it dosnt matter what i set up - the Pages are always static except System Stats which is working in real time.

At the fist setup after v6.0.0. install, i was not able to change the Display Settings. After a reboot, i was able to change some settings like Number Format or Number Scaling, but after i applied this settings, the GUI ignored it - showed me still the old settings.

2) Clear Statistics not working properly

When i want to clear the Stats, i have to push the button "Clear Statisitcs" always 2x - when i push it 1x, nothing happens.

3) Under "Main", "Array Devices" it happens sometimes that a Disk is running (green ball) but does not show the Temp

Can someone check this out and tell me, if it is reproducible?

Thanks for your Help

Some news on this problem? Can someone confirm this behavior or shall i reinstall the whole system?

Thanks

I have found that I cannot get automatic updates to work rom my desktop.  If I set a refresh frequency I can see the countdown go to zero, but the page does not refresh.  I have to press F5 to force a refresh to see changed values.

The interesting thing is that if I try the same thing running the same browser from a VM running the same OS version (which is basically a clean Windows install with no extras other than Microsoft updates) then it works without issue.    It must therefore not be inherent in unRAID itself, but something browser related on my desktop system, but I have no idea what.

Hmmm - interesting - Same behavoir on all my PCs and various Browsers.

I even tried it on iOS with Safari and it did exactly the same on my iPad - i dont think it is Browser related.

It cannot be purely unRAID if it is working from a VM but not from my desktop.  There is a lot of code behind the unRAID GUI so maybe some of that does not always behave as expected in all environments.  The strange thing is that it seems to work fine for some people and not others.

My suspicion is that it is some sort of complicated interaction scenario.  This means that Limetech need a way of reproducing it reliably.  I agree that if it is not working from Safari on the iPad (which be definition should be a relatively 'clean' browser install) then there is something wrong that should ideally be fixed at the unRAID end.

Changed it to 300 - but still all pages are "static". There is no RealTime Refresh on all pages  :-\

This must be an other problem - maybe with the GUI itself - also Clear Stats is only working after pushing it 2x - mad

The GUI refreshes in real-time (determined by the Page update frequency setting), the array counters however are updated once a minute in the background, hence not at the same frequency as the GUI. The temperature reading is a special case, the update frequency is set by the Tunable (poll_attributes) setting.

Hi bonienl,

thanks a lot - this explains all - so if i understand this correct, when i set the poll to 1 (sek), i got the Counters for the Disks at the MainPage in RealTime?

EDIT: An additional question: i was using istat in v5.0.6 for checking the CPU-Load over my iphone - is there a new plugin to see the Server-Load on other Devices

or must i use the WebInterface for this?

Thanks for your help  ;)

Hi bonienl,

thanks a lot - this explains all - so if i understand this correct, when i set the poll to 1 (sek), i got the Counters for the Disks at the MainPage in RealTime?

The reason the poll attribute time is set by default for 30 minutes is because it may impact the normal disk operation while reading the disk temperature using SMART.

You can lower the value (I have mine set to 5 minutes), but be aware of the side effects like possible disk interruptions.

Archived