How Force Delete A Folder & Disk Temp Issue

bombz

This is strange...

I had subsonic on my flash drive when running 5.0.6, which i never did end up using. When I upgraded to 6.0.0 ( I did not copy any of the contents from the old flash to the new one) I did a FRESH INSTALL of UnRAID 6.0 ...

However, one of my disk shares disk11 has a subsonic folder on the root of the disk, not sure why it created it.

When I access the share and try to delete it, because I don't need it at all, it says you need permission to perform this action, yet I am logged in as root or admin and I can not remove it. Is there a simple way to get rid of this folder and the contents of it, from the GUI / Client or Console ?

Also on a side note, I just noticed that when a disk is spun up and active, it doesn't seem to display or show the temp of the active disks anymore, just shows a *

my cache disk is the only one that seems to be showing a temp at the moment

• 4 weeks later...

OK thanks I seen what you mean its not empty so i don't get the option to delete, When I look at an empty share I have the option to delete

The other problem is I cant delete the contents of the share, it used to say I didn't have permission but now after running new permissions I right click the folder then delete and nothing happens?

Any ideas?

There must be some 'dot' files in there (hidden).  You can view like this:

ls -la /mnt/disk11/subsonic

In 6.1-rc2 you can configure to show dot files.  With this enabled you should be able to delete all files via Network.

You can get rid of the directory using this:

rm -r /mnt/disk11/subsonic

or whatever it created.  Be careful with that - the "-r" option is like a machine gun with no safety  ;)

Thanks for the reply

Could I get a little more instruction on how to use that code i'm a bit of a N00B

I tried putty and the first code but I get "cannot access /mnt/disk11/subsonic: no such file or directory"

Its ok i think i've just figured it out or i've just killed it

There must be some 'dot' files in there (hidden).  You can view like this:

ls -la /mnt/disk11/subsonic

In 6.1-rc2 you can configure to show dot files.  With this enabled you should be able to delete all files via Network.

You can get rid of the directory using this:

rm -r /mnt/disk11/subsonic

or whatever it created.  Be careful with that - the "-r" option is like a machine gun with no safety  ;)

Have you tried that? I had a similar problem and couldn't delete a folder, I used the above but changed it to suit my disk and folder

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived