[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Haven't looked at your diagnostics yet but your docker run doesn't have a host mapping for the /config container volume, which would completely explain why plex doesn't remember anything since you haven't told it where its library is. Did you have an appdata folder for plex?

9 minutes ago, mkyb14 said:

I guess now after googleing docker /config for plex, I was assuming the template used by linuxserver.io had that preconfigured.. are you stating that I need to manually set this as a variable?

It did have it preconfigured. Somehow you managed to lose that setting. You will have to set it yourself.

What is that a screenshot from? Assuming it is showing the contents of /mnt/user/appdata then it does look like you have your plex library, so you just need to get that volume mapping added.

You still haven't got your user shares configured correctly. I'm working on another post about that.

Guess I was thinking this was all point, click, shoot and done.  It was working flawlessly for a long time, made some updates to the os for using a p2000 nvidia card and now it's lost what was there before. 

I appreciate the quick response, just at a loss as to what needs to be done.  Before, to my understanding, all I had to do was create the mount points for the files and then add them to the docker container paths (Movies / TV Shows) . Never messed with a config file etc.  Assumed that was all taken care of by the template. 

1. Go to Settings - Docker and disable Dockers.
  2. Go to Settings - VM Manager and disable VMs.
  3. Go to Shares - User Shares.
  4. Click on the appdata share, set it to Use cache disk: Prefer.
  5. Click on the system share, set it to Use cache disk: Prefer.
  6. Click on the isos share, set it to Use cache disk: Yes.
  7. Go to Main - Array Operations and click on Move Now. Wait for it to finish.
  8. Go to Shares - User Shares, click on the Compute All button. Wait for it to finish, then post a screenshot of the results.
1 minute ago, mkyb14 said:

Never messed with a config file etc.  Assumed that was all taken care of by the template. 

It was taken care of by the template. I don't know how you got to where you are now. You will have to add it manually. Just take a look at the /config mapping for one of your other dockers and you may get the idea.

2 hours ago, mkyb14 said:

Guess I was thinking this was all point, click, shoot and done.  It was working flawlessly for a long time, made some updates to the os for using a p2000 nvidia card and now it's lost what was there before. 

I appreciate the quick response, just at a loss as to what needs to be done.  Before, to my understanding, all I had to do was create the mount points for the files and then add them to the docker container paths (Movies / TV Shows) . Never messed with a config file etc.  Assumed that was all taken care of by the template. 

I don't know how you did it, but half of the original template is missing from the run command you posted. 

Best thing would be to start from scratch. Delete the co trainer and image, delete the saved template in CA and install fresh from CA. 

Edited by saarg
3 hours ago, trurl said:
  1. Go to Settings - Docker and disable Dockers.
  2. Go to Settings - VM Manager and disable VMs.
  3. Go to Shares - User Shares.
  4. Click on the appdata share, set it to Use cache disk: Prefer.
  5. Click on the system share, set it to Use cache disk: Prefer.
  6. Click on the isos share, set it to Use cache disk: Yes.
  7. Go to Main - Array Operations and click on Move Now. Wait for it to finish.
  8. Go to Shares - User Shares, click on the Compute All button. Wait for it to finish, then post a screenshot of the results.

doing this now.  I'll check my CA templates and files... might end of just starting fresh again.  This was a fresh install friday, did the plex update to the docker today and poof.  made all the changes above, waiting for Mover to finish and i'll come back with a screenshot. 

Thank you for the help

I was having the same issue, signed out of the Plex Server (not the pin sign-in from Switch User but the Plex Sign In).   To sign out, Go to Plex Server from the Docker using right click and WebUI.  Then sign in with your pin if you have one.  Once on the Plex Server, Click on your User Icon dropdown on the top right and then SignOut.  Once you do that it should ask you to sign in again on your plex account and then you should be good.

I've been neglecting my Plex docker since it has been working fine up until now, but I need to migrate to Linuxserver docker from needo. My problem is, I can't get the linuxserver docker to recognize the same file structure as they clearly use different mapping (when I try to just copy all the seemingly appropriate files and folders, Plex still loads blank as if it's completely new.)

Does anyone know what the key library files are that I need to look at? Or am I completely screwed and need to start from scratch? I'd rather not have to start from scratch as I have a LOT of tailored stuff that will be nearly impossible to completely restore. 😣

40 minutes ago, owtlaw333 said:

I've been neglecting my Plex docker since it has been working fine up until now, but I need to migrate to Linuxserver docker from needo. My problem is, I can't get the linuxserver docker to recognize the same file structure as they clearly use different mapping (when I try to just copy all the seemingly appropriate files and folders, Plex still loads blank as if it's completely new.)

Does anyone know what the key library files are that I need to look at? Or am I completely screwed and need to start from scratch? I'd rather not have to start from scratch as I have a LOT of tailored stuff that will be nearly impossible to completely restore. 😣

For /config you should be able to use the same structure. Install a blank plex from us and compare the appdata folders created and compare it to needos. 

For the media folders you need to use the same path inside the container as you did in needos container. 

5 hours ago, owtlaw333 said:

Don't understand exactly how you are getting this wrong, but I switched from needo to this one long ago and it just worked.

It shouldn't actually be necessary to copy any files, unless you just want to make a backup of the plex appdata folder. Just use the same mappings, including pointing this docker to the same appdata you used with needo. In fact, you might even get away with simply changing the repository.

17 hours ago, saarg said:

For /config you should be able to use the same structure. Install a blank plex from us and compare the appdata folders created and compare it to needos. 

For the media folders you need to use the same path inside the container as you did in needos container. 

I thought they'd be the same too, but for whatever reason it isn't populating the old data. I figured I must be doing something wrong or missing an obvious step... I'll fiddle some more. Maybe I just need to step away and come back 😓

12 hours ago, trurl said:

Don't understand exactly how you are getting this wrong, but I switched from needo to this one long ago and it just worked.

It shouldn't actually be necessary to copy any files, unless you just want to make a backup of the plex appdata folder. Just use the same mappings, including pointing this docker to the same appdata you used with needo. In fact, you might even get away with simply changing the repository.

I have no idea either. It seems it should be so simple, but it just isn't working. I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it's not pulling all the same data. It's as if it's completely ignoring what's there (after copying the old files to the new directory.)

Thanks for the responses guys... I'll report back

Edited by owtlaw333
20 hours ago, owtlaw333 said:

I thought they'd be the same too, but for whatever reason it isn't populating the old data. I figured I must be doing something wrong or missing an obvious step... I'll fiddle some more. Maybe I just need to step away and come back 😓

I have no idea either. It seems it should be so simple, but it just isn't working. I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it's not pulling all the same data. It's as if it's completely ignoring what's there (after copying the old files to the new directory.)

Thanks for the responses guys... I'll report back

Post the run command of both containers. 

Mar 18 19:15:51 Tower kernel: Plex Media Scan[7976]: segfault at 2d1 ip 00001491a11e5097 sp 00001491927160c0 error 4 in libcrypto.so.1.0.0[1491a10d4000+204000]
Mar 18 19:15:51 Tower kernel: Code: 8b 4f 1c 31 d2 4c 89 e0 48 f7 f1 49 8b 07 48 63 ca 4c 8b 2c c8 4d 85 ed 74 37 49 8b 6f 08 48 8d 1c c8 90 49 ff 87 a0 00 00 00 <4d> 39 65 10 75 11 49 ff 47 68 49 8b 7d 00 4c 89 f6 ff d5 85 c0 74

Anyone ever see this before?

17 hours ago, saarg said:

Post the run command of both containers. 

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I learn all this stuff as I go and then forget it by the time I need to tend to it again. Is this what you're looking for?

L.io

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Music/':'/music':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/TV Shows/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Backup/QRS COMPLETE LIBRARY/':'/piano':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies4k/':'/movies4k':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex_lio':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

needo

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -v '/mnt/user/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Music/':'/music':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/TV Shows/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Audio/':'/audio':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Backup/QRS COMPLETE LIBRARY/':'/piano':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies4k/':'/movies4k':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/Apps/Docker/apps/plexmediaserver/':'/config':'rw' 'needo/plex'

You are missing the mapping for /audio, and obviously the /config mapping isn't the same, but as long as you copy all the /config from needo to L.io seems like it should find your plex library and go with it.

Did you copy the contents of /mnt/cache/Apps/Docker/apps/plexmediaserver/ to /mnt/user/appdata/plex_lio ?

Did you check to make sure they had the exact same folder structure and contents?

Hey guys, so my Plex container just went MIA today. Unraid shows the docker as running but the log just keeps posting "Starting Plex Media Server" over and over again. The UI is inaccessible saying the connection is refused and the plex.tv client obviously can't access it either.

I have rebooted my Unraid Server and stopped and started the docker multiple times.

Any Ideas on how to get this back up and running?

34 minutes ago, JohnGrosshans said:

Hey guys, so my Plex container just went MIA today. Unraid shows the docker as running but the log just keeps posting "Starting Plex Media Server" over and over again. The UI is inaccessible saying the connection is refused and the plex.tv client obviously can't access it either.

I have rebooted my Unraid Server and stopped and started the docker multiple times.

Any Ideas on how to get this back up and running?

Post the docker command

lately I've been having this issue wher plex isn't scanning my new shows/movies unless i manually go and select "scan library files".  I do and always have had ticked "scan periodically" and "scan automatically".  I even set the scan library interval to every 30 minutes but still doesn't populate unless I go and scan manually.  This started a week or two ago