[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Thank you but I redoing whole server and want to know if following placement of files is correct:

appdata share is set for cache only

docker.img file /mnt/cache/appdata/docker.img

plex docker /mnt/user/appdata/docker/

What about system share currently by default is set to use all disk. please advice proper locations if I am doing correctly.

Thanks,

Yes, but this won't necessarily solve your problem.  If you deleted the appdata previously and deleted the docker image/container then that's all you need to wipe.  The Unraid OS has no bearing on your Plex problem.  I think redoing your whole server is unnecessary,

Hi CHBMB finally darn thing is working now after complete rebuilt. I need one more help from you can you please tell me if I can use back/restore app (dynamix) to backup plex container and settings to external drive? will I be able to restore? or its not worth it? Just don't want to go through this again.

Thanks,

Hi CHBMB finally darn thing is working now after complete rebuilt. I need one more help from you can you please tell me if I can use back/restore app (dynamix) to backup plex container and settings to external drive? will I be able to restore? or its not worth it? Just don't want to go through this again.

Thanks,

CA supports any mounted destination (ie: anything mounted via Unassigned Devices, Any array device, RClone destinations, etc)  Whether it works or not depends upon the destination filesystem capabilities.  CA will return an error on a backup if errors occurred. 

Thanks,

CA supports any mounted destination (ie: anything mounted via Unassigned Devices, Any array device, RClone destinations, etc)  Whether it works or not depends upon the destination filesystem capabilities.  CA will return an error on a backup if errors occurred.

Thank you Squid, I did backup appdata including docker to unassigned drive which is formatted in xfs and backup ran without any issues.

I'm getting the following error while trying to update the Plex image:

root@ark:~# docker pull limetech/plex
Using default tag: latest
latest: Pulling from limetech/plex
6ffe5d2d6a97: Already exists
f4e00f994fd4: Already exists
e99f3d1fc87b: Already exists
a3ed95caeb02: Already exists
ededd75b6753: Already exists
1ddde157dd31: Already exists
0a487611efb0: Pull complete
8bfd8127b8cc: Pull complete
ea61e8c14bd4: Pull complete
layers from manifest don't match image configuration
root@ark:~# docker version
Client:
Version:      1.10.3
API version:  1.22
Go version:   go1.5.3
Git commit:   ceb0ccd-unsupported
Built:        Sun Mar 13 18:56:59 2016
OS/Arch:      linux/amd64

Server:
Version:      1.10.3
API version:  1.22
Go version:   go1.5.3
Git commit:   ceb0ccd-unsupported
Built:        Sun Mar 13 18:56:59 2016
OS/Arch:      linux/amd64
root@ark:~#

Any idea? 

Thought I'd give this question a shot here.

I'm a HDHR Prime user.  I used to have great success using the plugin HDHR Viewer.  After a few PMS updates, my higher resolution streams can no longer play over the network as it states that the server is not powerful enough to convert video for smooth playback.  This never used to be an issue, and begin about 2 months ago.

I have since tried tinkering with version types, but to no avail.  I'm currently using

Plex Media Server: 0.9.16.6

HDHR Firmware: 20161117

HDHR Viewer: 0.9.12

EDIT:

Also just gave HD Grand Slam plugin a shot.  Same issue where it'll play for 2-3 seconds and then get choppy and freeze up.  Different error message about unable to play video, and tells me to look at my playback settings.

This leads me to think it's either an HDHR firmware issue, or PMS version.  I updated to docker tag to LATEST and I'm now running PMS  1.3.0.3059 with the same issues.

I've tried combinations of the latest PMS and older firmware, but still struggling here.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?  Currently the only thing I can do to make things work is lower playback to something very low, like 720 kbps.

Ultimately, I'm looking for a way to be able to view the HDHR remotely.  Up until recently, this has worked wonderfully.

Anyone else struggling, and/or have a combination of versions that works for them?

Hmm, I can't get the DVR to show up now.

I just upgraded unRAID to 6.2.4 and it said there was an update for most of my dockers even though I thought they were all up to date.

When I did the update to Plex, with version set to "plexpass" it still doesn't give me the DVR option that was once there.

Not sure if this is correlated, but the docker GUI shows;

plex

Container ID: 1316e0b38db7

By: linuxserver/plex:latest

I just upgraded unRAID to 6.2.4 and it said there was an update for most of my dockers even though I thought they were all up to date.

When I did the update to Plex, with version set to "plexpass" it still doesn't give me the DVR option that was once there.

plex

You have to specify a specific version of plex. Search this thread for hints.

plex

You have to specify a specific version of plex. Search this thread for hints.

Also check the Plex Pass DVR beta section on Plex forums. You can get the version number there.|

PS. once you have the DVR version installed, ignore warnings for newer versions. Installing any updates via plex or docker with replace it with the release non-DVR version.

Anyone having problems with remote connections with PMS version X.X.X.XXXX. It's a Plex Pass version and the issue has only been reported with unRAID's.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/245126/plex-remote-access-stopped-working-after-pms-and-unraid-updates#latest

The server will say "Accessible via Remote Connection" for about half a second then show it's inaccessible.

Main question is, can the PMS/docker be downgraded to a public version?

* mod - don't post plexpass version numbers

Can the PMS/docker be downgraded to a public version?

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex#setting-up-the-application

The "fun" part is finding an exact version number that doesn't end up a 404 in the Git pull. I have one saved I used to fall back due to Roku issues.

x.x.x.xxxx-xxxxxxx

Its about 3 or 4 weeks back as of today? Hope that helps.

ps. no this is NOT  a dvr version number.

*mod - don't post plexpass version numbers

After the Plex container updates, I am finding that Plex isn't loading.  The logs show this:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.

[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.

[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...

[fix-attrs.d] done.

[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

and it just sits there.  I have to manually stop it and start it back up for it to load. 

We've seen this issue intermittently, and I've experienced it myself.  Never managed to work out exactly what is causing it and as you've noticed a restart does generally fix it.  We have thought of a couple of things to try but still in the "weighing up the pros and cons" stage of them.