[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Possibly a stupid question, but is this valid for all of lsio containers?  I've had an issue since day one with nzbget where it does indeed follow the rules I've laid out for the download throttling, but the time is completely out to lunch

Dunno, try it and let us know....  ;D

Other workaround would be to move....  ::)

I've tried adding a TZ variable in the past but it doesn't replace 'America/Chicago' instead another TZ value appears in the docker run command. I followed the instructions posted her but the result is the same:

Docker command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="Sonarr" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "TZ"="America/Toronto" -p 8989:8989/tcp -v "/dev/rtc":"/dev/rtc":ro -v "/mnt/user/TV/":"/tv":rw -v "/mnt/cache/Apps/docker/downloads/":"/downloads":rw -v "/mnt/cache/Apps/docker/appdata/sonarr":"/config":rw linuxserver/sonarr

I've tried adding a TZ variable in the past but it doesn't replace 'America/Chicago' instead another TZ value appears in the docker run command. I followed the instructions posted her but the result is the same:

Docker command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="Sonarr" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "TZ"="America/Toronto" -p 8989:8989/tcp -v "/dev/rtc":"/dev/rtc":ro -v "/mnt/user/TV/":"/tv":rw -v "/mnt/cache/Apps/docker/downloads/":"/downloads":rw -v "/mnt/cache/Apps/docker/appdata/sonarr":"/config":rw linuxserver/sonarr

Did you enable advanced view?

Docker command:

Unraid automatically adds the tz variable using your server's timezone. Go to unraid's settings and change your timezone to Toronto and reinstall the container

Unraid automatically adds the tz variable using your server's timezone. Go to unraid's settings and change your timezone to Toronto and reinstall the container

Where do I find the location setting in unRAID?

Under Date and Time > Time zone > Only UTC zones.

Toronto is in eastern time zone, right? So choose that one.

I am trying to get Plex to work, and I am having difficulty getting the folders added. When i click to add the folder it is not giving me the "Tower", but appears to be giving me the root of the USB drive. I had this working before, but now it seems to be different, and I haven't been able to get Plex to see the folders. The only other place I saw was on Unraid where it says "add another port, path or variable"...this is when I edit the Plex Docker.

What am I doing wrong, please?

add_folder.png.379a83480bd141f870e288c829d798e9.png

I am trying to get Plex to work, and I am having difficulty getting the folders added. When i click to add the folder it is not giving me the "Tower", but appears to be giving me the root of the USB drive. I had this working before, but now it seems to be different, and I haven't been able to get Plex to see the folders. The only other place I saw was on Unraid where it says "add another port, path or variable"...this is when I edit the Plex Docker.

Post your docker run command.  You can find instructions to do so in the docker faq.

Post your docker run command.  You can find instructions to do so in the docker faq.

Thanks, I got it figured out... needed to put the same path for the container, and host. Now it is importing my movies, etc. The one thing i don't see though is the DVR function. Is it not available in this build?

Isn't this a christmas miracle? :))

woo-hoo

The new experimental server version , PMS now supports intel quick sync for transcodes. Intel HD 4000 for example can do 40Mbit/s H264. I hope it can do for example 5 times 8Mbit 1080p streams. that would be sick from a 30W intel cpu.

If in a few months this feature will be merged to the main release, and will be part of this docker, do you think it will work in this enviroment? I don't know ANYTHING about dockers, or how it works.

Can it "see" the iGPU? Does it have direct access to it? If not, do you think it can be configured?

Another sidenote: Plex will soon have DVR features as well. Can dockers "see"/have direct access to an USB device? Or if i want these features, I'll need a VM for it.

thanks!

edit: In the Plex forums a Plex employee mentioned:

"Docker support will be available soon, once it's been through internal testing and the installation and configuration mechanisms are documented."

that's even better news now! :))

woo-hoo

The new experimental server version , PMS now supports intel quick sync for transcodes. Intel HD 4000 for example can do 40Mbit/s H264. I hope it can do for example 5 times 8Mbit 1080p streams. that would be sick from a 30W intel cpu.

If in a few months this feature will be merged to the main release, and will be part of this docker, do you think it will work in this enviroment? I don't know ANYTHING about dockers, or how it works.

Can it "see" the iGPU? Does it have direct access to it? If not, do you think it can be configured?

Another sidenote: Plex will soon have DVR features as well. Can dockers "see"/have direct access to an USB device? Or if i want these features, I'll need a VM for it.

thanks!

"Docker support will be available soon, once it's been through internal testing and the installation and configuration mechanisms are documented."

Sorry for ruining your excitement, but you will need drivers installed in unraid for your iGPU to be seen by the Plex container. I have not looked into how easy/hard it is to install them in unraid.

You should be able to pass through a DVB/ATSC device to the container as long as the drivers are available in one of Mr. DVB's build. There should be a link to his thread in my signature.

woo-hoo

thanks!

Sorry for ruining your excitement, but you will need drivers installed in unraid for your iGPU to be seen by the Plex container. I have not looked into how easy/hard it is to install them in unraid.

You should be able to pass through a DVB/ATSC device to the container as long as the drivers are available in one of Mr. DVB's build. There should be a link to his thread in my signature.

USB isn't supported for DVR. It needs to be able to connect over IP.

"Plex currently supports HDHomeRun (HDHR) devices by Silicon Dust. Different models have different capabilities and are appropriate in different locations."

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/225877427