unRAID Server Release 6.1.2 Available

limetech

So I've run into an issue with this upgrade.  All of my settings seem to have disappeared.  All my drives are blank in the web gui, and no config backup.  I'd rebooted multiple times trying to get an IP, so no helpful syslog.

Best way to restore?

edit: also looks like the whole usb key was wiped. 

edit: created new usb key.  found older screenshot of disk config.  disk shares created automatically. will check to make sure they're set properly. was able to mount docker.img and have my dockers start with no issues.  relatively painless.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can this just be ignored.  I have dockers disabled and I notice there is a small panel on the dashboard for dockerstats.  Is this an error because the web page does not acknowledge that I have dockers disabled??

Sep 9 23:35:19 Tower logger: /usr/bin/docker not enabled

Sep 9 23:35:20 Tower avahi-daemon[9680]: Service "Tower" (/services/smb.service) successfully established.

Sep 9 23:35:22 Tower logger: Updating templates... Updating info...

Sep 9 23:35:22 Tower logger: Warning: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to unix:///var/run/docker.sock (No such file or directory) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 490

Sep 9 23:35:22 Tower logger: Couldn't create socket: [2] No such file or directory Done.

Can this just be ignored.  I have dockers disabled and I notice there is a small panel on the dashboard for dockerstats.  Is this an error because the web page does not acknowledge that I have dockers disabled??

Sep 9 23:35:19 Tower logger: /usr/bin/docker not enabled

Sep 9 23:35:20 Tower avahi-daemon[9680]: Service "Tower" (/services/smb.service) successfully established.

Sep 9 23:35:22 Tower logger: Updating templates... Updating info...

Sep 9 23:35:22 Tower logger: Warning: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to unix:///var/run/docker.sock (No such file or directory) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 490

Sep 9 23:35:22 Tower logger: Couldn't create socket: [2] No such file or directory Done.

I searched and found a number of cases with the same messages, EXCEPT that unlike you they all had dockers enabled.  The cure in every case was to stop dockers, delete the docker.img, recreate it, and re-enable dockers again.  I suspect that the disabling of the Dockers was not clean, and perhaps there are parts of it trying to operate.  Try deleting the docker.img first.  If still not clean, enable Dockers, create a clean docker.img, start and stop the array, then disable dockers again.  It's sort of like in Windows when an uninstall fails, sometimes you have to reinstall, so you can get a better uninstall.

Mistake fixed  8) 8)

[but I AM looking forward to dual parity  :) ... hopefully in 6.2 ]

Is there any sort of roadmap/schedule anymore?

I do not believe so other than mentions by Limetech in the forum on forthcoming features.  For instance we do already know of two main features already planned for 6.2

• Dual parity Support
  • Simplified Docker management

Not sure how far off the first beta/rc releases of 6.2 are but the impression is that it may not be that far.  There is certainly a huge increase in the change rate for new release over the what it used to be.

Not sure if it has always been this way but I cannot seem to get to the smart test page for the cache drive. I can for all array drives.

How are you trying to get there?

For me it is Main->Cache Devices, and then click on Cache and finally the Attributes tab.

It eventually showed up. It seems current pending sectors were delaying it showing any of the smart sections for a while, not even the headers with the retrieving information message.

Not sure if it has always been this way but I cannot seem to get to the smart test page for the cache drive. I can for all array drives.

For me it is Main->Cache Devices, and then click on Cache and finally the Attributes tab.

It eventually showed up. It seems current pending sectors were delaying it showing any of the smart sections for a while, not even the headers with the retrieving information message.

That's not a good sign, for that drive!  Try a SMART short test.  If it shows SMART has not failed, take it offline (unassign as Cache drive) and Preclear it a couple of times.

That's not a good sign, for that drive!  Try a SMART short test.  If it shows SMART has not failed, take it offline (unassign as Cache drive) and Preclear it a couple of times.

Out of curiosity - would it be valuable to schedule monthly SMART short tests on drives and send notifications - or something along those lines? Would this help give us a heads up if a drive is starting to have issues before it actually causes a drive failure? I don't remember if anything like this exists, and have done zero research - just an idea off the top of my head, so thought I would post before it slips away. :)

Would it be possible to include the kernel driver for Realtek r8169?  The one in these releases only allows me to connect at 100mbit.

Or if possible make the kernel driver available separately?

The kernel driver is included.  What is your specific chip?

RTL8111C

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 02)
root@Silo:~# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
        Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
        Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
        Supported pause frame use: No
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
        Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Link partner advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
        Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
        Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 100Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: MII
        PHYAD: 0
        Transceiver: internal
        Auto-negotiation: on
        Supports Wake-on: pumbg
        Wake-on: g
        Current message level: 0x00000033 (51)
                               drv probe ifdown ifup
        Link detected: yes
root@Silo:~# ethtool -i eth0
driver: r8169
version: 2.3LK-NAPI
firmware-version:
bus-info: 0000:04:00.0
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: no
supports-eeprom-access: no
supports-register-dump: yes
supports-priv-flags: no
root@Silo:~#

My motherboard has that same LAN chip and my unRAID system works quite happily at 1000Mbps with unRAID.

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable or a different port on the router?    If you have an Ethernet cable that does not have all 4 pairs of cores connected then you can a working Ethernet but with degraded performance at 100Mbps.  Many people simply assume that if they get any Ethernet connection then the cable must be OK, not realising that a cable without all cores connected can give a working Ethernet link but at a slower speed.

My motherboard has that same LAN chip and my unRAID system works quite happily at 1000Mbps with unRAID.

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable or a different port on the router?    If you have an Ethernet cable that does not have all 4 pairs of cores connected then you can a working Ethernet but with degraded performance at 100Mbps.  Many people simply assume that if they get any Ethernet connection then the cable must be OK, not realising that a cable without all cores connected can give a working Ethernet link but at a slower speed.

Tried 3 different and known good Cat5e, Cat6 cables, tried different switch ports, have even tried a different switch :/

Tried 3 different and known good Cat5e, Cat6 cables, tried different switch ports, have even tried a different switch :/

Then it's one more bad Realtek NIC.

Same here.  Realtek RTL8111e, 1000 Mbps speed running unRAID 6.1.2.  It doesn't appear the issue is related to the unRAID 6.1.2 release although something happened with monkeymajik's system in the process of upgrading to 6.1.2.

Would it be possible to include the kernel driver for Realtek r8169?  The one in these releases only allows me to connect at 100mbit.

Or if possible make the kernel driver available separately?

The kernel driver is included.  What is your specific chip?

RTL8111C

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 02)
root@Silo:~# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
        Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
        Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
        Supported pause frame use: No
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
        Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only
        Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 100Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: MII
        PHYAD: 0
        Transceiver: internal
        Auto-negotiation: on
        Supports Wake-on: pumbg
        Wake-on: g
        Current message level: 0x00000033 (51)
                               drv probe ifdown ifup
        Link detected: yes

I think this is your problem:

Whatever you've got it plugged into is not sayings its gigabit capable to the NIC.[/code]

[quote name="mr-hexen" post="408672" timestamp="1442009373"]
Whatever you've got it plugged into is not sayings its gigabit capable to the NIC.

That's a red herring i'm pretty sure, as it was working at gigabit in that switch, other devices on the switch connect at gigabit and I even tried a completely different switch with the same result.

For me it is not isolated to 6.1.2

I am fairly sure it was happening since the last 5 stable.  I only noticed it after going to 6.1 and then 6.1.2