unRAID Server Release 6.1.2 Available

limetech

I did a parity check recently and it finished this morning around 2AM. I have my spindown timer set for 3 hours so around 5Am all drives spun down. Around 8:40 Am the drives spun up when I was looking at the share. It's now been over ten minutes since the drives spun up and on the main page it still isn't showing any Drive temps. If I go to the dashboard and click on the individual drives, it will show the temps with the SMART info, but the temps are not showing up in the main page. Is this normal behavior?

EDIT: The only drive not spin up was the parity drive. When I hit the "SPin UP" button the parity drive did spin up and then all temps showed up on the main page. But I wouldn't think I should need to hit this button for the temps to show up since the 23 data drives were previously spun up.

Change Tunable (poll_attributes) (Settings -> Disk Settings) to something like 180 (3 minutes) or 120 (2 minutes) or 60 (1 minute).  (See Configuring the Settings -> Disk Settings -> the note about Tunable (poll_attributes)).

Thanks.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Error installing via docker

Since the upgrade to version 6.1.2 Every time I try to install with a docker I get an error

Warning: file_put_contents (/var/lib/docker/unraid-update-status.json): failed to open stream: Read-only file system in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient. php on line 291 Warning: file_put_contents (/var/lib/docker/unraid-update-status.json): failed to open stream: Read-only file system in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/ include / DockerClient.php on line 438

Can anyone help me fix it?

my Post diagnostics

/config

copy all *.cfg files, go file and the super.dat file. These are configuration files.

/config/shares

copy all *.cfg files. These are user share settings files.

Syslog file(s)

copy the current syslog file and any previous existing syslog files.

System

save output of the following commands:

lsscsi, lspci, free, lsof, ps, ethtool & ifconfig.

display of iommu groups.

display of command line parameters (e.g. pcie acs override, pci stubbing, etc).

save system variables.

SMART reports

save a SMART report of each individual disk present in your system.

Docker

save files docker.log, libvirtd.log and libvirt/qemu/*.log.

http://www.iphoneil.net/homeserver-diagnostics-20150916-1657.zip

Unable to upload file (too big), so I've included a link

Your very large syslog is mostly hack attempts from Hong Kong:
Sep 16 06:34:58 HomeServer sshd[8763]: Failed password for root from 43.229.53.78 port 35362 ssh2
Sep 16 06:34:58 HomeServer sshd[8763]: Failed password for root from 43.229.53.78 port 35362 ssh2
Sep 16 06:34:59 HomeServer sshd[8763]: Received disconnect from 43.229.53.78: 11:  [preauth]

Suggest fixing that before addressing anything else.

Where exactly did you create your docker image file, it looks like file permissions for this file are incorrect.

For example I have named my image docker.img and created at the root level of the cache drive.

# ls -l /mnt/cache/docker.img
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 21474836480 Sep 16 21:24 /mnt/cache/docker.img

Can you telnet into your system and do the above command for your image file?

root@HomeServer:~# ls -l /mnt/user/docker/docker.img    
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 21474836480 Sep 17 04:46 /mnt/user/docker/docker.img

Thanks for the answers, I started all over again, I created a new file Docker.img, then the permissions were normal. Something went wrong for me there is not clear to me why

Thanks for the answers, I started all over again, I created a new file Docker.img, then the permissions were normal. Something went wrong for me there is not clear to me why

I thought there was a requirement for docker img to be created on a disk, not a user share.

@limetech

Please in next release add to kernel enabled FMC module - this is for mezzanine cards

which also support SATA/SAS etc controlers

some mainboard Supermicro, asrock rack, intel have this port and i already bought LSI controler from intel for this.

but unraid dont recognize anything :(

this i need

https://www.dropbox.com/s/it9rw83l0tcy8mq/Zrzut%20ekranu%202015-09-18%2003.21.46.png?dl=0

I thought there was a requirement for docker img to be created on a disk, not a user share.

That used to be the case but prior to 6.0 stable release we lifted that requirement.

@limetech

Please in next release add to kernel enabled FMC module - this is for mezzanine cards

some mainboard Supermicro, asrock rack, intel have this port and i already bought LSI controler from intel for this.

this i need

https://www.dropbox.com/s/it9rw83l0tcy8mq/Zrzut%20ekranu%202015-09-18%2003.21.46.png?dl=0

This is added to next release.

@limetech

this i need

This is added to next release.

Big Thanks !

I get the popup window, but then it just says "waiting for {ip address}" and never seems to return.  I can see the tail command running in the process list.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pp8peeq20f5962/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-13%20at%2010.34.17%20AM.png?dl=0

Figured this issue out... I am running Sophos Anti-Virus, and for some reason it thinks the real tine updating of the page is some sort of malicious code and blocks it.  Once I whitelisted the ip it is working fine now...

• 1 month later...