[Support] Linuxserver.io - NZBGet

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: NZBGet

Application Site: http://nzbget.net/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nzbget/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nzbget

Permissions Update:- To make downloads more unraid friendly for permissions etc, set the following.

go to settings tab in nzbget and this section

A4VMbwE.png

scroll to bottom, set umask like this.

mIqDEJJ.png

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • Upvote 3

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

I am having an issue with scheduled tasks not happening at local time. I need to enter scheduled times at GMT. I bet I'll have to go and edit them once we switch to daylight savings time too. Not a big deal, but I didn't have that problem with needo's docker back when I used that.

If this is an acknowledged/known issue, please consider listing it in the top post as a known defect. And if you fix this, please make an announcement or update the top post. Thanks!

I am having an issue with scheduled tasks not happening at local time. I need to enter scheduled times at GMT. I bet I'll have to go and edit them once we switch to daylight savings time too. Not a big deal, but I didn't have that problem with needo's docker back when I used that.

If this is an acknowledged/known issue, please consider listing it in the top post as a known defect. And if you fix this, please make an announcement or update the top post. Thanks!

I asked the same question in the previous support thread. There is a setting under the logging section called "TimeCorrection" which will fix the issues with scheduled task timing. Of course, this will need to be modified for daylight savings as well.  This workaround was not needed in previous versions of the container and i've been hoping for a fix, but haven't heard anything.

This is an issue with the version of NZBGet in this container.  Try going to settings - logging - TimeCorrection

This is an issue with the version of NZBGet in this container.  Try going to settings - logging - TimeCorrection

Thanks for responding. I still think it would be worthwhile to list as a known defect in the first post.

EDIT : Or call it a known issue. Whatever. Just please, lets not fill up this thread with pointless chatter. No matter if this is an issue with the NZBget code or a docker issue, listing that sucker right up front would keep the thread more reader-friendly IMHO - just a friendly suggestion.

So, this is outside of our control.  Our containers automatically update to the newest version and NZBGet has an issue in their software.  There is no defect with our NZBGet container.  Feel free to use Needo's container which is stuck at an older version until NZBGet fixes their issue. We can't control a listing of bugs for everybody's software. We'd go crazy. hehe :)

I assume this container uses binary from universal linux installer. That binary is compiled using uClibc, which reads time zone information from /etc/TZ or from environment variable TZ.

Expected format for TZ: http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/basedefs/xbd_chap08.html

Examples: http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2002-August/004010.html

If you can set the env. variable TZ properly before executing NZBGet it will know correct time and TimeCorrection will not be needed.

UNRAID probably uses a different way to configure timezone, which NZBGet (uClibc) doesn't support. It's very unlikely that this issue will be fixed in uClibc (=NZBGet).

I assume this container uses binary from universal linux installer. That binary is compiled using uClibc, which reads time zone information from /etc/TZ or from environment variable TZ.

Expected format for TZ: http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/basedefs/xbd_chap08.html

Examples: http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2002-August/004010.html

If you can set the env. variable TZ properly before executing NZBGet it will know correct time and TimeCorrection will not be needed.

UNRAID probably uses a different way to configure timezone, which NZBGet (uClibc) doesn't support. It's very unlikely that this issue will be fixed in uClibc (=NZBGet).

the container is built from this git repo.

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nzbget

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys

I have a problem with getting the docker to remember where to store the log file.

When i set a new path in the interface the log file path resets to ${MainDir}/nzbget.log after a restart of the docker no matter which path i chose. Changing the nzbget.conf file manually gives the same result.

The problem being that it keeps some of my array spun up instead of saving the log file on a SSD i have mounted outside the array.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Where do you place post processing scripts?

/config/ppscripts

Make a directory called ppscripts in your nzbget appdata folder (that you mapped to /config when you set up the container) and place them in that folder.

It's also possible to configure a different path in the nzbget interface but that above is the default location.

Has anyone tried to take advantage of the transcoding features with nzbget.  I notice its not installed on the docker during the post processing.

Got a link?  I assume you mean a postprocessing script...

If so then I guess it'll work if the dependencies it requires are within the container, but I would hazard a guess that they are not.

I've just started using NZBGet and noticed that when a download completes my array spins up.

Normally I have all processes with unRaid take place on my cache drive and only spin up the array to manually archive data.

I've checked my volume mappings and there's nothing pointed at the array proper, just the cache drive and a SSD mounted outside the array.

Array is 5 drives formatted with reiserfs and 1 drive formatted XFS.

All 5 reiserfs drives get spun up after every download. The 6th (XFS) never does. unRaid reports some read action on the 5 drives, never any writing. NZBGet shouldn't even know the array exists let alone spin it up and read from it.

Anyone else notice this behavior? I rarely spin up my array unless necessary so this is very annoying. I used to run SABnzbd on a VM and this never happened until switching to the NZBget docker.

I've just started using NZBGet and noticed that when a download completes my array spins up.

Normally I have all processes with unRaid take place on my cache drive and only spin up the array to manually archive data.

I've checked my volume mappings and there's nothing pointed at the array proper, just the cache drive and a SSD mounted outside the array.

All 5 reiserfs drives get spun up after every download. The 6th (XFS) never does. unRaid reports some read action on the 5 drives, never any writing. NZBGet shouldn't even know the array exists let alone spin it up and read from it.

Anyone else notice this behavior? I rarely spin up my array unless necessary so this is very annoying. I used to run SABnzbd on a VM and this never happened until switching to the NZBget docker.

I've not noticed this behaviour.  Post a screenshot of your NZBGet settings, sometimes a second pair of eyes can help...

I've not noticed this behaviour.  Post a screenshot of your NZBGet settings, sometimes a second pair of eyes can help...

The way it's setup is that NZBGet will download to an externally mounted SSD (/scratch). The files will then be unpacked from the /scratch/incomplete folder to my cache drive where Sonarr or CP will process them. None of these dockers are mapped to the actual array in any way, only the /scratch and /cache drives. It's a mystery as to why my array spins up, and oddly, not the XFS drive.

unraid2.JPG.ffff8a7ff2f1700ebe1518f0bd115f9d.JPG

unraid3.JPG.55a3d640b4f0d49d9cdb18cdde87181c.JPG

unraid1.JPG.2cc0045624984a18113315d347c892e6.JPG

Check that the cache drive is not in the same spin up group as the other drives

cache is set to never spin down. All other drives spindown after 15 mins.

Under Disk Settings > Enable spinup groups is set to No and was never enabled at any time.

Using any post-processing scripts or anything in Sonarr or any other container? 

Check that the cache drive is not in the same spin up group as the other drives

cache is set to never spin down. All other drives spindown after 15 mins.

Under Disk Settings > Enable spinup groups is set to No and was never enabled at any time.

Using any post-processing scripts or anything in Sonarr or any other container?

Nothing. NZBGet downloads the file, unpacks it to the cache drive, Sonarr or CP will find it there and rename it and copy to to it's final location. The final location is also on the cache drive just a different directory.

I'm in the process of shutting down my entire array and rebooting. Hopefully that will clean out any ghosts in the machine. I'll let you know.