[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

13 hours ago, dustinyo said:

Edit: I think I found the info I needed actually https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/plex.md

Edit 2: Ok, well I'm still having issues here, so specifically, I cannot get Plex to use my Arc A380 to transcode. I've passed /dev/dri as a device, I'm on the beta UnRaid 7.0 release, and I have the latest Intel GPU TOP installed (from 6/27). Plex settings show the 380 as an option to transcode, but it just will not use it when I actually transcode. Does this work with Intel Arc?

image.png.8771905483e6a5d646dbc99b8874aa71.png

This is possibly a very dumb question, and it may have already been answered before so I apologize in advance.

For the transcode folder, the Docker config has it as a variable rather than a path. So would this mean I do not need to specify a temporary transcode folder in the Plex transcoder settings? Should I leave this blank or should I fill it in with /config/transcode to match the Docker config?

image.png.d460164cfc260a2f0ecb0bcf30cebffc.png

Inserted dev/dri/RenderD129 instead of dev/dri/   . This enabled the 380. However many files crashed Plex. I could see 380 rendering on the dashboard. Im a bit lost why it crashes

Not sure if this will help.  i'm on unraid 7's beta, I'm running plex with the plexpass build.  I was having trouble with my files being hardware transcoded with my Arc380 card.  I was able to pass thru the card with extra parameter 

--device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri

and at that point anything that was not 4k worked great, but nothing 4k would.

turned on the console in settings and started playback.  I saw an error concerning the EAC codecs... so did some googling and found this

https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/13mxbfd/eac3_transcode_errors_eae_timeout/

I opened my app data folder, navigated to here:

appdata\plex\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Codecs

deleted the folders, because the thread told me Plex would redownload them, restarted plex, and everything is working fantastically.  hw encoding, tone mapping, all of it.

I hope this helps someone.

I'm using the linuxserver plex container, in case that makes a difference.  But this thread helped me troubleshoot to get as far as I did, so I'm sharing my results here.

• Like 1
On 6/25/2024 at 10:59 PM, Rex099 said:

Anyone recently had issue with HW transcoding? (Via GPU, Quadro P2000, also tried Quadro M2000 same result)

Not sure what changed, but recently whenever I have HW transcoding enabled and the transcoing attempts My log gets flooded with 

[Req#115b/Transcode] Denying access due to session lacking permission to transcode key /library/metadata/192259

Then after a few seconds the client session dies with 

An unknown error occurred (4294967283)
Error code: 4294967283

Software transcoding works fine with no issues. For info transcoding to RAM /tmp/plex I've tried changing it back to disk just to check but same results. 

Still wondering if anyone has any ideas what might be going on here. Still having the same issue with HW Trancode Only. 

On 7/18/2024 at 1:51 AM, Rex099 said:

Still wondering if anyone has any ideas what might be going on here. Still having the same issue with HW Trancode Only. 

I'm a P2000 user myself, no probs with hw transcoding running binhex-plex (plex-pass is too bleeding edge for me).

Hey Friends,

I hope this is the correct place to post this.  I've been using the binhex-plexpass docker container for about 9 months with zero problems.  Everything was working great Monday afternoon and then Monday evening, I was unable to access my libraries on my client.  I logged into unraid and saw I had a warning that my cache was almost full, followed by a notification that my cache had returned to a normal state after files were moved to the array.

When I opened the binhex-plexpass WebUI, it said my server could not be found.  I tried restarting the container.  Nothing.  I tried rebooting the server, Nothing.  At some point during this I read that if the cache got too full, there's a chance that my database was corrupted.  I didn't think this was a big deal, it wouldn't take me very long to rebuild my Plex Metadata.  I deleted the binhex-plexpass docker container and image as well as the appdata folder.  I reinstalled and set up the libraries in the WebUI again; however, now I'm getting a strange message that it won't let me "Claim" the server and keeps insisting that an update is available and to "please install manually."  Clicking the "Claim Server" button just sends it spinning.

I've been troubleshooting this for the last 8hours.  I read at one point that I could manually add the Claim token to the docker container by adding a variable with PLEX_CLAIM and then entering the claim-******.  Strangely, I am unable to connect to plex.tv/claim from my home network.  If I turn my VPN on, it let's me connect to plex.tv/claim and similarly if I turn the wifi off on my phone, I'm able to connect to the website.  Unfortunately the claim token that both of those places are creating don't seem to do anything when I add them in the new variable in the docker container.

I logged into my router gateway and ensured that port 32400 is still open for TCP/UDP.  I've tried uninstalling the binhex-plexpass container and tried the binhex-plex container, as well as the Official Plex container as well as the apps offered by the linuxserver repository and the horito repository.  They all present the same issue.

I just rebooted the server and have attached the logs here as well as a screenshot of the log from binhex-plexpass.

I'm also going to attach the link to the reddit thread I started Monday evening with everything that's been suggested and that I've tried. 

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 4.33.53 AM.png

tower-syslog-20240730-1132.zip

i thought about switching my cpu + motherboard in my unraid server to a more powereful CPU and a dedicated AMD GPU to also game in virtual VMs. My plan is to passthrough the dedicated GPU to the virtual gaming machine and use the integrated GPU of the CPU for stuff the plex docker container.

I plan to use this:
https://www.amd.com/de/products/processors/desktops/ryzen/7000-series/amd-ryzen-7-7800x3d.html
or maybe even:
https://www.amd.com/de/products/processors/desktops/ryzen/7000-series/amd-ryzen-9-7950x3d.html
to have enough cores for gaming VM and all the services and vms that eventually need to run in the background.

Is it possible to use the integrated GPU of an AMD CPU for this container ?

Edited by matuopm
3 hours ago, matuopm said:

Is it possible to use the integrated GPU of an AMD CPU for this container ?

Will it work?  Probably.

Will you be happy with the result, after the money, time and effort spent?  Most likely not.

I had to look to see if the 7800X3D even has an integrated GPU.  It does, but it is as cut down, basic iGPU that AMD has ever offered.  As Plex has only recently even supported AMD transcoding (and what some quick search of recent comments on the subject say) I see nothing but disappointment ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using this version of Plex for ages.  I upgraded my router to the Asus RT-AX88U Pro and it has worked well for everything, but PLEX and some indexers not able to get out for some other dockers.  But just with Plex...I did PORT FORWARD 32400 with the router and it still does not allow me to access Plex from a PC or going to the WEBUI from Unraid's Dashboard of dockers.  Plex itself comes up, but it wont' allow access back to the server.  It gives me a message like, "You do not have access to this server" or "Unraid server is currently unavailable."  What's odd is that my Roku devices continue to access PLEX and the server data just fine.  Has anyone ever seen something like this before?  Thanks. 

UPDATE:  Something really isn't right.  I just went to make sure I was using the latest version of this docker and "Checked for updates."  All the dockers came back with NOT AVAILABLE under VERSION.  This is odd.

image.png.d0aae1a6bf61195dd0bed7fe69c0069c.png

Edited by JP
On 7/30/2024 at 1:34 PM, BagOfTStops said:

Hey Friends,

I hope this is the correct place to post this.  I've been using the binhex-plexpass docker container for about 9 months with zero problems.  Everything was working great Monday afternoon and then Monday evening, I was unable to access my libraries on my client.  I logged into unraid and saw I had a warning that my cache was almost full, followed by a notification that my cache had returned to a normal state after files were moved to the array.

When I opened the binhex-plexpass WebUI, it said my server could not be found.  I tried restarting the container.  Nothing.  I tried rebooting the server, Nothing.  At some point during this I read that if the cache got too full, there's a chance that my database was corrupted.  I didn't think this was a big deal, it wouldn't take me very long to rebuild my Plex Metadata.  I deleted the binhex-plexpass docker container and image as well as the appdata folder.  I reinstalled and set up the libraries in the WebUI again; however, now I'm getting a strange message that it won't let me "Claim" the server and keeps insisting that an update is available and to "please install manually."  Clicking the "Claim Server" button just sends it spinning.

I've been troubleshooting this for the last 8hours.  I read at one point that I could manually add the Claim token to the docker container by adding a variable with PLEX_CLAIM and then entering the claim-******.  Strangely, I am unable to connect to plex.tv/claim from my home network.  If I turn my VPN on, it let's me connect to plex.tv/claim and similarly if I turn the wifi off on my phone, I'm able to connect to the website.  Unfortunately the claim token that both of those places are creating don't seem to do anything when I add them in the new variable in the docker container.

I logged into my router gateway and ensured that port 32400 is still open for TCP/UDP.  I've tried uninstalling the binhex-plexpass container and tried the binhex-plex container, as well as the Official Plex container as well as the apps offered by the linuxserver repository and the horito repository.  They all present the same issue.

I just rebooted the server and have attached the logs here as well as a screenshot of the log from binhex-plexpass.

I'm also going to attach the link to the reddit thread I started Monday evening with everything that's been suggested and that I've tried. 

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 4.33.53 AM.png

tower-syslog-20240730-1132.zip 22.9 kB · 0 downloads

I happened to get this too, and the only solution to me was to remove the old config and start over. This means setting up Plex again. Shouldn't really be a problem, just a bit annoying.

As a side note: I happened to experience this because I decided to dedicate my GPU to a VM instead of giving Plex access to it. Once I removed my GPU from the Container settings I guess it broke something.

Here's what I did to fix it:

1. Stop the container if it is running.

2. Check the container settings to see where your config files are located. The default should be:

/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass

And make sure you take note of other fields you have changed, such as the media location. You might want to keep this identical when creating a new container.

3. use the console and execute:

mv /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass-bkup

to "remove" the config folder. We keep a backup just in case.

4. Removed the docker container (no need to delete the image).

5. Add the container again and update your config-fields. I do not use a GPU, so my config looks like this:

image.thumb.png.b86b41d58535caca9a5448f8f9c17cd2.png

6. Once the container is ready, go to the webui and append /manage to the url:

http://192.168.10.168:32400/manage

7. You can now add your media and Plex should be good to go.

On 8/19/2024 at 2:21 PM, JP said:

I've been using this version of Plex for ages.  I upgraded my router to the Asus RT-AX88U Pro and it has worked well for everything, but PLEX and some indexers not able to get out for some other dockers.  But just with Plex...I did PORT FORWARD 32400 with the router and it still does not allow me to access Plex from a PC or going to the WEBUI from Unraid's Dashboard of dockers.  Plex itself comes up, but it wont' allow access back to the server.  It gives me a message like, "You do not have access to this server" or "Unraid server is currently unavailable."  What's odd is that my Roku devices continue to access PLEX and the server data just fine.  Has anyone ever seen something like this before?  Thanks. 

UPDATE:  Something really isn't right.  I just went to make sure I was using the latest version of this docker and "Checked for updates."  All the dockers came back with NOT AVAILABLE under VERSION.  This is odd.

image.png.d0aae1a6bf61195dd0bed7fe69c0069c.png

Solved my own issue here and I should have thought this through better.  The issue stemmed from the new router selecting an IP Address range that wasn't the same as the previous router.  Once I selected the same range everything started working as it did.    

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having problem with my optimized version page, it's not showing anything.

On the Plex forums this is apparantly an issue with version 1.41.0.8930, and the last functioning version was 1.40.5.8897.

What´s the easiest way to downgrade to that version? I need to remove some automatic optimizations and start using tdarr instead.

https://forums.plex.tv/t/optimized-versions-broken/887115

1 hour ago, Halvliter said:

I've been having problem with my optimized version page, it's not showing anything.

On the Plex forums this is apparantly an issue with version 1.41.0.8930, and the last functioning version was 1.40.5.8897.

What´s the easiest way to downgrade to that version? I need to remove some automatic optimizations and start using tdarr instead.

https://forums.plex.tv/t/optimized-versions-broken/887115

Please see Q5 from the following link:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

• Like 1