[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

On 2/22/2024 at 11:36 PM, Bitbass said:

I have a "transcode" folder in my cache that's gotten rather large. This is for plexpass. Most of the dates are from over a year ago. Is this some stranded content? Is it safe to delete it?

yes its safe to delete, just shutdown the container first to ensure no active transcodes are in progress, then delete and then start container again.

NUB Here,

I am trying to setup Plex-Pass with SONARR & RADARR and having all kinds of issues.

binhex-plexpass starts but when I left click and select WebUI nothing happens

SUPERVISORD.LOG

2024-03-02 06:04:39,794 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22363146526352 for <Subprocess at 22363148696656 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2024-03-02 06:04:39,794 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22363146482832 for <Subprocess at 22363148696656 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2024-03-02 06:04:39,795 WARN exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2024-03-02 06:04:39,795 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2024-03-02 06:04:42,800 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 206
2024-03-02 06:04:43,582 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stdout output:
Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: attempt to write a readonly database (N4soci10soci_errorE)

2024-03-02 06:04:43,590 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22363146478992 for <Subprocess at 22363148696656 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2024-03-02 06:04:43,590 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22363146624784 for <Subprocess at 22363148696656 with name plexmediaserver in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2024-03-02 06:04:43,591 WARN exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2024-03-02 06:04:43,591 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2024-03-02 06:04:44,593 INFO gave up: plexmediaserver entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

17 minutes ago, Joe_Kemmerer said:

2024-03-02 06:04:43,582 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stdout output:
Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: attempt to write a readonly database (N4soci10soci_errorE)

If this is the first time setting up Plex:

I think your container was restarted (or otherwise interrupted) during it's first run, and the database failed to initialize properly. Deleting /config (or pointing to a new directory) should allow Plex to initialize SQL properly.

Alternatively if /config is mounted somewhere strange you may need to set the mount to a different type, or it could be a permissions issue.

Hi all,

I am having problems with Plex Pass docker. It started with adhoc freezing and a need to restart the container - similar to an earlier posted issue. I recently upgraded to 1.40 and this now appears resolved however…

I am now finding the webpage loading is very very slow. It can take 40 sec + to load and frequently stops responding when moving between menu items. It recovers after a short rest - playing cath up.

Latest version of unraid, Server is an 18 core xeon, 80 Gb ram, viewing computer is I9 -using Chrome,  plex database etc is on ssd. All on the same network.

There are no noticeable issues on the android devices I am using (perhaps less menu activities)  but the Web UI  is all but unuseable.

Any ideas on what may be causing this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 1:56 AM, Rweng009 said:

Hi all,

I am having problems with Plex Pass docker. It started with adhoc freezing and a need to restart the container - similar to an earlier posted issue. I recently upgraded to 1.40 and this now appears resolved however…

I am now finding the webpage loading is very very slow. It can take 40 sec + to load and frequently stops responding when moving between menu items. It recovers after a short rest - playing cath up.

Latest version of unraid, Server is an 18 core xeon, 80 Gb ram, viewing computer is I9 -using Chrome,  plex database etc is on ssd. All on the same network.

There are no noticeable issues on the android devices I am using (perhaps less menu activities)  but the Web UI  is all but unuseable.

Any ideas on what may be causing this.

I'm experiencing the same issues and I'm going crazy trying to figure it out.

I don't see any errors in the logs and it seems completely random when it stops responding.

The only errors I was able to find were:

- HTTP error requesting GET https://*****.plex.direct:443/identity (60, SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK) (SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name '****.plex.direct')

- Unknown metadata type: folder

- Some errors related to the DVR feature and I completely disabled the Plex Tuner Service for now

I have updated my wildcard cert, verified DNS settings and even bypassed my adguard home dns servers.

I enabled "Strict TLS configuration" in hopes it was some old clients causing the issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm having issues troubleshooting when the logs show nothing and it doesn't crash completely (no crash dump).

Thanks

22 minutes ago, binhex said:

check its not database corruption (common), Q4:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/plex.md 

I did run the PlexDBRepair tool and all seemed OK. I can dig into that a bit more, just in case.

*edit* Having the repair right in the docker is slick, thank you for pointing that out. Gave that a go, but all looked good.

Edited by musicking

As of last week I am no longer able to stream some shows/movies to some devices including directly from the web interface.

The shows/movies have all worked previously and still work on some devices.

When I try to play any of the affected shows/movies I get the spinning wheel followed by the “Error. An Error occurred while attempting to play this video”.

The affected systems are a Samsung tablet, Nothing Phone and the web interface.

The same affected shows/movies still work on an LG TV, Samsung Phone, Xbox Series S and a Roku Streaming Stick.

I have updated everything and restarted the docker container along with the server but the issue still persists.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, Cosmichunter said:

When I try to play any of the affected shows/movies I get the spinning wheel followed by the “Error. An Error occurred while attempting to play this video”.

The affected systems are a Samsung tablet, Nothing Phone and the web interface.

The same affected shows/movies still work on an LG TV, Samsung Phone, Xbox Series S and a Roku Streaming Stick.

I have updated everything and restarted the docker container along with the server but the issue still persists.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like it may only affect you when it needs to transcode.  A simple fix that has worked for many is to go into your appdata, tunnel down to the Codec folder and delete all of the files in it.  When you start up Plex, it will go out and repopulate these with fresh copies.  Many folks have found this to fix intermittent/fluky playback problems.

The joys of Plex!

20 hours ago, ConnerVT said:

Sounds like it may only affect you when it needs to transcode.  A simple fix that has worked for many is to go into your appdata, tunnel down to the Codec folder and delete all of the files in it.  When you start up Plex, it will go out and repopulate these with fresh copies.  Many folks have found this to fix intermittent/fluky playback problems.

The joys of Plex!

You are a life saver, I stopped the container, deleted all files in the codec folder and everything is now working again.

Thank you.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, papapine said:

i just update plex and im now getting this

<Response code="503" title="Maintenance" status="Plex Media Server is currently running database migrations."/>

The update went fine for me.

Hopefully fixed my crashing issues.

FIXES:

(Auto Update) Custom install paths are not respected when auto-updating on 64 bit Windows. (PM-1143)

(CreditsDetection) Retry detection only a limited amount of times on failures (PM-1093)

(DB Optimize) Server could become unresponsive during a DB optimize in certain circumstances (PM-1129)

(Loudness Analysis) Some files could cause errors when preforming Loudness Analysis. (PM-627)

(Push Notifications) Used expensive DB query during playback progress notifications (PM-1166) -- This could have been my issue

(Thumbnails) Thumbnails were not properly updated when underlying file changed (PM-1162)

(Transcoder) On Windows, headless (no display attached) Nvidia cards were not recognized (PM-962)

(Transcoder) On Windows, the first Intel device was used for transcoding regardless of which Intel device was selected (PM-962)

2 minutes ago, musicking said:

The update went fine for me.

Hopefully fixed my crashing issues.

FIXES:

(Auto Update) Custom install paths are not respected when auto-updating on 64 bit Windows. (PM-1143)

(CreditsDetection) Retry detection only a limited amount of times on failures (PM-1093)

(DB Optimize) Server could become unresponsive during a DB optimize in certain circumstances (PM-1129)

(Loudness Analysis) Some files could cause errors when preforming Loudness Analysis. (PM-627)

(Push Notifications) Used expensive DB query during playback progress notifications (PM-1166) -- This could have been my issue

(Thumbnails) Thumbnails were not properly updated when underlying file changed (PM-1162)

(Transcoder) On Windows, headless (no display attached) Nvidia cards were not recognized (PM-962)

(Transcoder) On Windows, the first Intel device was used for transcoding regardless of which Intel device was selected (PM-962)

mines still broke :(

1 minute ago, papapine said:

mines still broke :(

Mine broke, after the update. I ran binhex's db repair script /home/nobody/dbrepair.sh in the container and that fixed it. Others rolled back their DB from a backup and that fixed it for them.

note: I don't remember what my error was, the logs have overwritten it now.

Also in the script type y instead of yes. I was typing in yes and it wasn't working lol.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, NoBigCat said:

Mine broke, after the update. I ran binhex's db repair script /home/nobody/dbrepair.sh in the container and that fixed it. 

How do I run the script? Thank you so much for the response. 

29 minutes ago, papapine said:

i just update plex and im now getting this

<Response code="503" title="Maintenance" status="Plex Media Server is currently running database migrations."/>

you should of left it to complete, if you shutdown the container part way through then you will bugger up your database.

2 minutes ago, papapine said:

How do I run the script? Thank you so much for the response. 

if you now do have a corrupt database (likely if you did the above) then follow Q4 and Q5:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/plex.md

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1