July 18, 20179 yr On 06/07/2017 at 2:35 PM, Institute said: Hello, I am trying to use LibreELEC 6.4 RC6 but whenever i change from the normal unraid 6.4 RC6 my adaptec asr71605e stops working and if i go to "/lib/modules/4.11.6-unRAID/kernal/drivers/scsi/" directory the aacraid driver is missing but on normal unraid 6.4 RC6 it is there. Was this raid driver removed? OK, got to the bottom of this one, when I compile these, I start with a base config taken from /usr/src/linux-4.11.6-unRAID/ This gives the kernel options selected as they were for the base install of Unraid and also applies any patches that are normally applied. For some reason, on RC6 the kernel options in the .config file at that location was not selected. So maybe @eschultz or @limetech can shed some light on why, but essentially it meant it wasn't included in my build.
July 18, 20179 yr 1 hour ago, CHBMB said: OK, got to the bottom of this one, when I compile these, I start with a base config taken from /usr/src/linux-4.11.6-unRAID/ This gives the kernel options selected as they were for the base install of Unraid and also applies any patches that are normally applied. For some reason, on RC6 the kernel options in the .config file at that location was not selected. So maybe @eschultz or @limetech can shed some light on why, but essentially it meant it wasn't included in my build. It's because that driver is one of two out-of-tree drivers we build into the kernel, the other being the rocket raid r750 driver. We may go back to the in-tree aacraid before 6.4 'stable' is released.
July 18, 20179 yr 17 minutes ago, limetech said: It's because that driver is one of two out-of-tree drivers we build into the kernel, the other being the rocket raid r750 driver. We may go back to the in-tree aacraid before 6.4 'stable' is released. Ah OK, makes sense. Any way I can get hold the drivers you're using or keep up to date with this sort of thing? Edited July 18, 20179 yr by CHBMB
July 20, 20179 yr I upgraded to 6.4RC6 from 6.3.5 and tried to follow your instructions. The settings->unRAIDDVB page keeps fetching images however and never stops loading. Then I copied all the non-checksum files from http://files.linuxserver.io/unraid-dvb/6-4-0-rc6/libreelec/ to my flash drive, and now I can see (while the page is still loading) that the currently installed build is LibreElec version 1.2.1, but there's no DVB Kernel detected. (So also no devices, and therefore nothing showing up in my TVHeadend container (with device passed through).) I've tried to trace back why the page doesn't finish loading, but all I can see are (nginx) timeouts of exec.php in the plugin directory...
July 20, 20179 yr Can't explain why the DVB kernel isn't showing up, examined LibreElec thoroughly yesterday and was using it on my test system.Upgrade the plugin and pull the builds again and check.Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
July 20, 20179 yr I tried that, I already had the latest version, but I removed it and installed it again. It still hangs/times-out at pulling the builds. So for the files I pulled manuallly yesterday, I got them from http://files.linuxserver.io/unraid-dvb/6-4-0-rc6/libreelec/ Is there any difference between those and those in http://files.linuxserver.io/?dir=unraid-dvb-rc/6-4-0-rc6/libreelec ?
July 20, 20179 yr Hmm. Then I have no clue what went wrong with the manual update. I'm still trying to install any build via the plugin, this is what I get in the logs: Jul 20 15:42:28 Server nginx: 2017/07/20 15:42:28 [error] 5227#5227: *100072 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: [removedclientip], server: , request: "POST /plugins/UnraidDVB/include/exec.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "server", referrer: "http://server/Settings/UnraidDVB" and this is what I get in chrome:
July 20, 20179 yr Did you upgrade to RC6 the official way before using my plugin....Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
July 20, 20179 yr I upgraded from 6.3.5 DVB Edition to 6.4RC6 via the official way (with the new plugin). After that I updated all my plugins. (Then the Unraid DVB plugin wouldn't load the images so I tried to copy them in manually. ) How can I check whether the images actually start downloading (and maybe that times-out) or whether it hangs before that? Here are the contents of my /boot (and /boot/config/plugins) folders, maybe it shows something wrong: Edited July 20, 20179 yr by tbrasser added more information
July 20, 20179 yr I'm at a loss to explain this, can't reproduce it here. What I would try is just running stock v6.4rc6 and removing the plugin, rebooting and then install the plugin and try again.
July 20, 20179 yr I'm going to disable docker (because I'm using the new macvlan br0 stuff), then copy all the images from the "previous" folder back. (Which should get me to 6.3.5), then disabling as many plugins as possible + remove leftover files and folders if there are any, then going official to 6.4RC6 and do your suggestions. I'll let you know when I get any further. Thanks so far!
July 20, 20179 yr 7 hours ago, tbrasser said: How can I check whether the images actually start downloading (and maybe that times-out) or whether it hangs before that? Any chance that you're behind a VPN? Or some weird network setup? Edited July 20, 20179 yr by Squid
July 20, 20179 yr 1 minute ago, CHBMB said: I just thought that with the macvlan stuff..... I've looked at the code again for DVB, and I don't see anyway that the popup wouldn't disappear, even if a fatal error happened in the code. I can see however that under a weird network situation with the multitude of downloads that DVB has to do (one per each version), each with a timeout of 1 minute that it could take awhile to complete under very strange network circumstances. Another alternative is that the unRaid install currently running is buggered itself with corrupted files / whatnot that's preventing / crashing the javascript code, in which case the manual update to RC6 would fix it.
July 20, 20179 yr Just now, Squid said: Any chance that you're behind a VPN? No, I have a static IP from my ISP and I'm in control of everything except my modem. (Running ddwrt on my gateway/router/wifap, with ip 10.0.0.1), then some static IP's incl my server till 63, then 64 till 127 are for DHCP. On unRAID I have configured the network br0 (which since 6.4 is of type macvlan) for docker, they all have IP's from 10.0.0.128 until (ultimately) 254). I also edited the route masks from 10.0.0.0/24 to 10.0.0.128/25. (Which is working perfectly by the way, I hoped I would also get host connectivity to my docker containers this way since everything below 128 would get routed to my router and everything above it to br0, but no luck)
July 20, 20179 yr Does this command work without an error (and how long does it take) curl --max-time 60 --insecure --location --fail https://files.linuxserver.io/unraid-dvb-rc/
July 20, 20179 yr Yeah, I've gone over the code again as there is some conditions in there depending on if you're on V6.3 or V6.4 and to stop the RC builds being accessible if you haven't already upgraded to V6.4 but I agree with Squid, I can't see that the plugin itself is causing this. Only thing I can think of is possibly Cloudflare, but I'm not sure if we're using it on the files server. Will have to ask j0nnymoe.
July 20, 20179 yr That gave this within about 15 seconds, (via ssh) so seems to function normally: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN"> <html> <head> <title>Index of /unraid-dvb-rc</title> <script src="/cdn-cgi/apps/head/SnTkGghPCkY6gCE0hGVDVpppPno.js"></script></head> <body> <h1>Index of /unraid-dvb-rc</h1> <table> <tr><th valign="top"> </th><th><a href="?C=N;O=D">Name</a></th><th><a href="?C=M;O=A">Last modified</a></th><th><a href="?C=S;O=A">Size</a></th><th><a href="?C=D;O=A">Description</a></th></tr> <tr><th colspan="5"><hr></th></tr> <tr><td valign="top"> </td><td><a href="/">Parent Directory</a> </td><td> </td><td align="right"> - </td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td valign="top"> </td><td><a href="6-3-5/">6-3-5/</a> </td><td align="right">2017-06-06 16:33 </td><td align="right"> - </td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td valign="top"> </td><td><a href="6-4-0-rc1/">6-4-0-rc1/</a> </td><td align="right">2017-06-13 10:08 </td><td align="right"> - </td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td valign="top"> </td><td><a href="6-4-0-rc2/">6-4-0-rc2/</a> </td><td align="right">2017-06-13 10:11 </td><td align="right"> - </td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td valign="top"> </td><td><a href="6-4-0-rc3/">6-4-0-rc3/</a> </td><td align="right">2017-06-16 11:35 </td><td align="right"> - </td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td valign="top"> </td><td><a href="6-4-0-rc4/">6-4-0-rc4/</a> </td><td align="right">2017-06-21 22:55 </td><td align="right"> - </td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td valign="top"> </td><td><a href="6-4-0-rc5/">6-4-0-rc5/</a> </td><td align="right">2017-06-22 21:20 </td><td align="right"> - </td><td> </td></tr> <tr><td valign="top"> </td><td><a href="6-4-0-rc6/">6-4-0-rc6/</a> </td><td align="right">2017-06-27 21:04 </td><td align="right"> - </td><td> </td></tr> <tr><th colspan="5"><hr></th></tr> </table> </body></html>
July 20, 20179 yr I'm feeling like I'm missing something really simple here... Any incompatible / buggy os/browsers? I'm on: Version 59.0.3071.109 (Developer Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on elementary 0.4.1 (64-bit)
July 20, 20179 yr That's fine. Slower than mine, but more than acceptable. Only other possibility is a javascript error. Can go back to the settings, load unRaid DVB, wait a couple of minutes, then: (I'm assuming you're using Chrome) Right click anywhere within the window and say inspect. Within the new window, click on "console" and then post whatever errors appear.
July 20, 20179 yr Unfortunately I get the same behaviour as before I went through unRAID versions (see screenshot on the previous page): Edit: Occasionally I seem to be able to also produce the following warning, not sure whether it's related: [Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking 'mousewheel' event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive. jquery-2.1.1.min.js:3 Edited July 20, 20179 yr by tbrasser added occasionaly appearing warning
July 20, 20179 yr The browser is timing out on the response from the code. And since there's no response the popup won't close. Not sure why as I've ran that popup waiting for a response for over a half hour at a time. Try: A different browser Clearing browser cache or navigating to 10.0.0.10 instead of /server and try again. The last resort is to download the file attached to the flash drive then cp /boot/UnraidDVB.page /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/UnraidDVB/UnraidDVB.page[code] Load the DVB settings again, wait say 10 minutes, and maybe something will appear on the screen. After that, I'm completely out of ideas since neither I nor @CHBMB can replicate. (Beyond completely simplifying your network and basically going back to a stock normal network) But try the above ideas first. UnraidDVB.page Edited July 20, 20179 yr by Squid
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.