Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

Featured Replies

Understood - so only latest build has latest drivers.  Thanks

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 346.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there was a compelling reason to, I would consider backporting to 6.3.5 as the latest stable. But not to previous release candidates.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

And to find how recent the TBS drivers are, follow the links and look at when the last commit was. It was only a few days ago I think....

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

 

I am stuck with a bit of a problem, not sure if it's my stupidity or a genuine issue. I have a HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD tuner and I have installed the TBS Open Source 6.3.5 Build. When I first turn on the server and go to the DVB page the 'DVB Adapter Drivers' column shows as 'Detected'. Then when I open Plex server the tuner shows up for about 30 seconds and then disappears. When I go back to the DVB page the 'DVB Adapter Drivers' column now shows as 'Not Detected'?

 

 

Screenshot_2.png

Why you using the TBS specific drivers with a Hauppage card?

I tried a few different builds until my card was detected, sounds like my own stupidity then. Which is the best build to use with the HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD?

4 minutes ago, guyturner797 said:

I tried a few different builds until my card was detected, sounds like my own stupidity then. Which is the best build to use with the HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD?

 

Have you used the card with a previous DVB build?  As in, is this a specific problem with RC9f or is this you trying to get the card working with the DVB build and you haven't tried before?

I haven't tried it before, so just trying to get it to work for the first time. Just trying the Libreelec build now

Nope i'm still having the same issue where it detects at first then changes to not detected.

 

Screenshot_3.png

I suspect this is Plex doing something, can you try restarting the system and not starting Plex and see what happens, instead try installing TVH to troubleshoot.

 

The parameter that "disappears" actually checks for the existence of a folder called /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

 

In addition, which version of Plex are you using?  And how are you passing through the drivers to Plex?

Edited by CHBMB

Ok, I have restarted the server without Plex and it remains showing connected so it is a Plex Docker issue causing it i assume. I am currently using the latest Plex Pass release.

 

When I try to install TVHeadend I get this error:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="tvheadend" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PGID"="100" -e "PUID"="99" -p 9981:9981/tcp -p 9982:9982/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/tvheadend":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Temp/":"/recordings":rw --device=/dev/dvb/ linuxserver/tvheadend
45d5ab3184c1063c7ae59a729b9ae6317a8975a78bd68f48f531e93b8523232b
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: linux runtime spec devices: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dvb": lstat /dev/dvb: no such file or directory.

The command failed.

 

There are two versions of the WinTV Quad card, one for North America ATSC and one for Europe and Australia for DVB.

 

Which one exactly are you using?

The UK/Europe version. There are a couple versions using a different chip, I have attached a photo of my exact card:

 

File_000.jpeg

And can I confirm you've had the card working in a VM or another system?

After that error in TVH was the DVB adapter drivers still showing if you refreshed the DVB plugin page?

 

Something very unusual going on with this card that I don't understand.  It SHOULD just work as the DVB drivers and firmware are all present.  But it appears to disappear, not still passing it through to a VM are you?  That would snatch it out the host system I guess.

FYI this is the card I returned as one day it stopped showing up on my server which was driver related. It appears it's present again based on your picture. Prior to that, I noticed awful signal quality with this card, often one tuner could tune a channel and three others couldn't or zapping forward and backward was enough to cause it to say No Signal when it was working seconds earlier. At the same time, my USB tuner was working perfectly.

 

Plus I replaced my Aerial and same issues. 

 

Your card still it detected so that's progress. But when you do get the card working, check for issues on all four tuners before your return window closes.

Edited by Tuftuf

Yes it was working in a Windows VM on the same server 

I'm stuck on 6-3-5 libreelec as the 6-4-0 RCs are failing for my WinTV-quadHD. I think it's due to some changes in cx23885 kernel or media build code recently.

 

modprobe cx23885 on 6-4-0 unraid-dvb RCs return these errors in dmesg:

[  596.745635] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol put_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[  596.745648] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol get_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[  596.745657] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_destroy (err 0)
[  596.745663] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_create (err 0)

 

@CHBMB, any idea how to resolve this? Maybe something wrong with the kernel .config file?

Edited by Zan

On 31/05/2017 at 9:24 AM, ProGEEK said:

 

Hate to bring this up again, but seems support for the cx23885 is gone again in release 6.3.5 :(


Seems the cx23885 drivers are funky in the rc9f kernel. 

root@USS-Enterprise:~# modprobe cx23885
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'cx23885': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

dmesg yeilds:

[   62.310167] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol put_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[   62.310174] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol get_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[   62.310177] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_destroy (err 0)
[   62.310180] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_create (err 0)

 

7 hours ago, Zan said:

I'm stuck on 6-3-5 libreelec as the 6-4-0 RCs are failing for my WinTV-quadHD. I think it's due to some changes in cx23885 kernel or media build code recently.

 

modprobe cx23885 on 6-4-0 unraid-dvb RCs return these errors in dmesg:

[  596.745635] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol put_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[  596.745648] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol get_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[  596.745657] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_destroy (err 0)
[  596.745663] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_create (err 0)

 

@CHBMB, any idea how to resolve this? Maybe something wrong with the kernel .config file?

@CHBMB I didnt even see this before I posted abov, My bad. Pretty much exactly what @Zan said

If it's a driver issue then it's an upstream problem I'm afraid, nothing LT or LimeTech can do about it.

cx23885 present in the release? I'm afk at the moment so can't check.

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

cx23885 present in the release? I'm afk at the moment so can't check.

@CHBMB Yeah the driver is there:

root@USS-Enterprise:~# find /lib/modules/4.12.14-unRAID | grep cx23885
/lib/modules/4.12.14-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/pci/cx23885
/lib/modules/4.12.14-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/pci/cx23885/altera-ci.ko.xz
/lib/modules/4.12.14-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/pci/cx23885/cx23885.ko.xz

Just throws a dirty error when trying to load it

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.