[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

42 minutes ago, w^w said:

Hi.

I don't know why but my TBS 6984 isn't detected in 6.4.0 RC versions of unRAID. I tested all releases from rc12 to rc20 without any luck, but in 6.3.5 everythig works perfect.

Anyone help?

Thanks.

Have you tried the LibreElec builds?  My TBS 6982 wasn't detected, but when I switched there, all was good again.

Note - it shows up as a different name, but AFAIK works just fine.

Hi.
I don't know why but my TBS 6984 isn't detected in 6.4.0 RC versions of unRAID. I tested all releases from rc12 to rc20 without any luck, but in 6.3.5 everythig works perfect.
Anyone help?

Thanks.
Strange, it's included in the open source drivers. Can you post a screenshot of the UnraidDvb plugin screen please?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Cessquill said:

Have you tried the LibreElec builds?  My TBS 6982 wasn't detected, but when I switched there, all was good again.

Note - it shows up as a different name, but AFAIK works just fine.

Yes. I tried the Liberelec build but with the same result. Still nothing :(

OK, v6.4.0 stable is ready.

Two things to bare in mind.

1.  If you want to upgrade to v6.4.0 then you MUST update via LimeTech's route to the non-DVB version of v6.4.0 before you will get access to the v6.4.0 DVB builds

2.  Please ensure that you have sorted out any issues with the v6.3.5 - v6.4.0 upgrade route before you install the DVB release as I am not supporting downgrading from v6.4.0 to v6.3.5.

Edited by CHBMB
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

i can report, that at least my card was detected and TVH is recording now a few titles. can't tell though, if these are ok (at least i don't see any unusual error countings up to now).

What card have you got?  Still 6205 or now on 6209?

10 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

What card have you got?  Still 6205 or now on 6209?

still on 6205 (need to sell that one first) ;-)

do we have to expect bigger changes or non-working situations? got a few friends which will get an unRAID/TVH-solution soon.

Edited by s.Oliver
7 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

do we have to expect bigger changes or non-working situations? got a few friends which will get an unRAID/TVH-solution soon.

No, the main problem has been with the switch to opensource from closed source drivers, think that's pretty much sorted now, there appears to be a problem with the 6281/2/4 cards which I think may be down to differing firmware versions which I hope to have solved as I changed the firmware on RC21 and stable.  If the fix works, just waiting for someone to confirm, then I'll post a bit more detail about it....

Edited by CHBMB
2 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

Are you sure you need a 6209? I was thinking of it but when I checked, TVHE only tunes a mux once and serves as many streams as it needs from that mux. We only have 6 muxes and only 3 in common usage, so even though I have up to 8 things recording from different channels, I never use more than 3 tuners anyway. A huge improvement over my last software. 

6.4.0 running well here. 

1 minute ago, Rick Gillyon said:

Are you sure you need a 6209? I was thinking of it but when I checked, TVHE only tunes a mux once and serves as many streams as it needs from that mux. We only have 6 muxes and only 3 in common usage, so even though I have up to 8 things recording from different channels, I never use more than 3 tuners anyway. A huge improvement over my last software. 

6.4.0 running well here. 

Shush.... I want him to buy one so I can see if the drivers work :D

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Shush.... I want him to buy one so I can see if the drivers work :D

ya, ya, i see ?

well, we got quite a bunch of muxes here, so i‘m hitting the ceiling now and then. if a lot of recordings are at the same time, i need to look at my mux-list to see, if my 4 tuners are enough.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, CHBMB said:

@w^w @Cessquill

The v6.4.0 release has some changes regarding your cards, be grateful if either of you tested the TBS Opensource release please.....

TBS Opensource picks up my card just fine, including correct name.  Can't test it right now as the machine's running on the bench.  When it's back in the rack I'll give it a go.

8 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

TBS Opensource picks up my card just fine, including correct name.  Can't test it right now as the machine's running on the bench.  When it's back in the rack I'll give it a go.

And prior to this you were using the LibreELEC build right?  And now the card is detected in the TBS Open Source release, and wasn't previously?

4 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Yep

Ok, I found the issue.

Your card requires this firmware

I was pulling the firmware direct from TBS not from either of the above links, but when I compared the md5 on the version I was using, it was the "Windows" version, now I've replaced it with the "Linux" version.

Strangely enough I was getting the firmware from a TBS download that was for Linux firmware and all the other firmware in the pack works fine.  I've altered my script now to use the "Linux" version of the firmware. See here.

As you can see here, the firmware I was originally using for your card, came from a Linux download direct from TBS! No wonder it got confusing....,.

Edited by CHBMB
  • Upvote 1
  • Squid locked this topic