[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

1 hour ago, s.Oliver said:

hey @CHBMB just installed 6.5 LibreELEC and ran immediately into a problem: OSCam docker doesn't see usb-reader. worked always flawlessly, this time errors with "Opening device /dev/bus/usb/003/003 (errno=13 Permission denied)" or ".../dev/ttyUSB0..." (same access denied).

i compared the permissions for the device, they seems same as before.

i tried to set docker as "Privilleged" no joy also.

need help, please.

Can you do 

ls -la /dev/bus/usb/ for me?

And also can you post your exact oscam docker run command.  I think I know what's wrong, just need to confirm.

1 hour ago, DZMM said:

what tuners are you using?  I'm TBS on TBS OS version

IIRC You download the builds directly right?  The plugin doesn't just make it easy to download builds, it also does some permission changes on boot.

Just now, CHBMB said:

Can you do 

ls -la /dev/bus/usb/ for me?

And also can you post your exact oscam docker run command.  I think I know what's wrong, just need to confirm.

hey CHBMB,

thx. for looking into it.

output of lsusb:

root@unRAID:/dev# ls -la /dev/bus/usb/
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 120 Mar 14 12:26 ./
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root  60 Mar 14 12:26 ../
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  80 Mar 14 12:26 001/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  80 Mar 14 12:26 002/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 140 Mar 14 12:26 003/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  80 Mar 14 12:26 004/

hmm… how to lookup the complete docker run command from an installed docker?

@DZMM

I don't think you quite get all the different components.

DVB plugin - Nice webui & changes ownership and permissions on the DVB tuners

Actual DVB build you download - Has the drivers for your card.

So, at the moment, there's been an issue with the permissions on DVB devices, we're not sure why, maybe a kernel change, maybe a docker change.  Regardless, if you update to the latest version of the plugin, the issue is fixed, you will need to reboot though I think.  No go file changes are necessary, as the link above shows.

2 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

hey CHBMB,

thx. for looking into it.

output of lsusb:

root@unRAID:/dev# ls -la /dev/bus/usb/
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 120 Mar 14 12:26 ./
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root  60 Mar 14 12:26 ../
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  80 Mar 14 12:26 001/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  80 Mar 14 12:26 002/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 140 Mar 14 12:26 003/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  80 Mar 14 12:26 004/

hmm… how to lookup the complete docker run command from an installed docker?

Link to do so is in my sig....

8 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Is the plugin the most up to date one from 12th March 2018.

https://github.com/linuxserver/Unraid-DVB-Plugin/blob/master/plugins/UnraidDVB.plg#L269

Nope, I've got 2017-08-30 rather than 2018-03-12, so I've got:

# Written by Saarg for the MediaTreeCheck Plugin
if [ -d /dev/dvb ]; then
  chown -R nobody:users /dev/dvb
fi

rather than:

if [ -d /dev/dvb ]; then
  chmod -R 777 /dev/dvb
fi

That explains it - I thought I was good to go as the 6.5 build appeared in the drop-down list. 

I've just run 'Check for Updates' and the new plugin still isn't showing for me.  I'll try again when I've got the upgraded plugin.

1 minute ago, DZMM said:

Nope, I've got 2017-08-30 rather than 2018-03-12, so I've got:

# Written by Saarg for the MediaTreeCheck Plugin
if [ -d /dev/dvb ]; then
fi

rather than:

if [ -d /dev/dvb ]; then
  chmod -R 777 /dev/dvb
fi

That explains it - I thought I was good to go as the 6.5 build appeared in the drop-down list. 

I've just run 'Check for Updates' and the new plugin still isn't showing for me.  I'll try again when I've got the upgraded plugin.

I can update builds or the plugin independently, I only tend to update the plugin to prevent access to certain builds like from v6.3 to v6.4 if there's some inherent reason why it's better to use LT's update mechanism to alter the underlying config rather than just download new bz* files.  v6.5.0 didn't require that.

10 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Link to do so is in my sig....

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='oscam' --net='host' -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'TCP_PORT_8888'='8888' -e 'TCP_PORT_10000'='10000' -e 'TCP_PORT_10001'='10001' -e 'TCP_PORT_10002'='10002' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/oscam':'/config':'rw' --device=/dev/ttyUSB0 'linuxserver/oscam:66'

Run this command @s.Oliver and will probably need to add it to your go file if it works.

chmod -R 777 /dev/ttyUSB0

If that doesn't work, try this as well

chown -R nobody:users /dev/ttyUSB0

Might need to add one or the other or both to your go file.

Restart the Oscam container after running the commands.

Edited by CHBMB
1 minute ago, s.Oliver said:

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='oscam' --net='host' -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'TCP_PORT_8888'='8888' -e 'TCP_PORT_10000'='10000' -e 'TCP_PORT_10001'='10001' -e 'TCP_PORT_10002'='10002' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/oscam':'/config':'rw' --device=/dev/ttyUSB0 'linuxserver/oscam:66'

It's probably the same issue as with the dvb cards. You need to do a chmod 777 on your /dev/ttyUSB0. Add it in your go file also. 

I'll see if I can cook up a solution for oscam to change permissions inside the docker, as that also works. 

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

Run this command @s.Oliver and will probably need to add it to your go file if it works.

chown -R /dev/ttyUSB0

Add a user:group to the chown also ;-)

• Like 1
Just now, saarg said:

It's probably the same issue as with the dvb cards. You need to do a chmod 777 on your /dev/ttyUSB0. Add it in your go file also. 

I'll see if I can cook up a solution for oscam to change permissions inside the docker, as that also works. 

I can add the routine into the DVB plugin I guess, but it would be changing perms on all ttyUSB devices rather than the specific one.

Just now, CHBMB said:

chown -R /dev/ttyUSB0

before as:

crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  0 Mar 14 12:26 ttyUSB0

i can confirm now, that chmod'ding to 777 was enough, to get it going. i left the user:group at the display values (root:dialout). THANKS!

@CHBMB couldn't you extract from an installed oscam docker it's used --extra parameters and use these settings to do the necessary correction on the permissions?

or let's have a configureable option in the DVB-Plugin to specify it manually. no?

5 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

before as:

crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188,  0 Mar 14 12:26 ttyUSB0

i can confirm now, that chmod'ding to 777 was enough, to get it going. i left the user:group at the display values (root:dialout). THANKS!

@CHBMB couldn't you extract from an installed oscam docker it's used --extra parameters and use these settings to do the necessary correction on the permissions?

or let's have a configureable option in the DVB-Plugin to specify it manually. no?

Configureable option would be a pain in the ass, as would trying to extract the parameters from an installed container.  If @saarg can modify the permissions from within the container at startup that would be the cleanest suggestion.  Otherwise the only way I can do it with the plugin realistically is by adding this to the plugin startup routine.

chmod -R 777 /dev/ttyUSB*

Which I have no problem with doing, just would need some advice on what other devices may be ttyUSB and the ramifications of doing so, I suspect it wouldn't really cause any problems.  Only issue is, theoretically I wonder if it's possible someone could be using OSCAM without needing a DVB build?

Edited by CHBMB
4 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Configureable option would be a pain in the ass, as would trying to extract the parameters from an installed container.  If @saarg can modify the permissions from within the container at startup that would be the cleanest suggestion.  Otherwise the only way I can do it with the plugin realistically is by adding this to the plugin startup routine.

chmod -R 777 /dev/ttyUSB*

Which I have no problem with doing, just would need some advice on what other devices may be ttyUSB and the ramifications of doing so, I suspect it wouldn't really cause any problems.  Only issue is, theoretically I wonder if it's possible someone could be using OSCAM without needing a DVB build?

I will try to fix it in oscam this weekend. For those of us that does not use ttyUSB* I might have to add a variable to define it. 

All the ones using IPTV of HDHomerun doesn't run the dvb plugin, so doesn't help us if it's in there, so better done in the specific container. 

Just now, saarg said:

All the ones using IPTV of HDHomerun doesn't run the dvb plugin, so doesn't help us if it's in there, so better done in the specific container. 

Yeah that was kind of what I was wondering, I don't really know anything about Oscam so wasn't sure if HDHomerun etc supported it.

4 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Yeah that was kind of what I was wondering, I don't really know anything about Oscam so wasn't sure if HDHomerun etc supported it.

I think it's mostly used here in Europe as we have subscription cards. 

3 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

i've spotted this line in the unRAID log:

Mar 14 14:53:57 unRAID kernel: ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: use of SPD flags is deprecated

think it's new since v6.5 (probably cause of newer kernel drivers and their requirements?).

No idea what that is and not relevant to the plugin or DVB really, might be of some interest to @saarg regarding Oscam.

OK, so I've removed support for any Unraid version less that v6.4.0 and nobody will be able to download any builds unless they are on the most recent version of the plugin, which I've just pushed - 14/03/18 so that should stop any issues like @DZMM found with permissions, as unless you're on the most recent version of the plugin, you can't update to v6.5.0

Simples.

• Squid locked this topic