Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

Featured Replies

13 hours ago, CHBMB said:

 

Personally I've moved away from DVB solutions to one of these.  Quad tuner S2, run custom firmware on it and then the signal gets distributed over ethernet and is decoded by tvheadend.  Removes the need for DVB drivers in Unraid.

 

Otherwise there are plenty of dual tuner cards that work in Linux, TBS and I believe digital devices is working well.  LinuxTV is a good source of information.

Interesting.  I've got 4 cables coming from an LNB that I fitted to my sky dish going under the stairs (where the unraid box is).  Presumably I could fit them to one of those boxes, plug that into the switch and away we go.  Which box did you go for?  Quick searches don't seem to throw up their availability much.

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 346.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting.  I've got 4 cables coming from an LNB that I fitted to my sky dish going under the stairs (where the unraid box is).  Presumably I could fit them to one of those boxes, plug that into the switch and away we go.  Which box did you go for?  Quick searches don't seem to throw up their availability much.
I bought the one I linked to
Just now, CHBMB said:
9 hours ago, Cessquill said:
Interesting.  I've got 4 cables coming from an LNB that I fitted to my sky dish going under the stairs (where the unraid box is).  Presumably I could fit them to one of those boxes, plug that into the switch and away we go.  Which box did you go for?  Quick searches don't seem to throw up their availability much.

I bought the one I linked to

D'oh!  Clicked the second link, but missed the first.  Apologies, and thanks.

I have SageTV in a Docker using the DVB plugin running LibreELEC  6.5.1.  I'm trying to get my Hauppauge quad turner working and so far no luck.  Unraid and Sage sees the 4 tuners as 

LG Electronics LGDT3306A VSB/QAM Frontend

but when I select it as a video source (OTA ATSC) I cant tune any channels. Any suggestions?

Not really, SageTV logs might be helpful, probably best asked over on the Sage forums though.

 

Might be a driver issue, might be a sage docker issue, couldn't really say

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

 

I'm really hoping someone might be able to assist with regards to the Hauppage WinTV-Starburst 2 (PCIe, DVB-S / S2) Model 150300 (or 150310), that I purchased recently.  After reading that this card was supported in Linux, I didn't think it would be too hard to get it up and running in unRAID, but unfortunately I didn't appreciate what a minefield DVB cards could be. 

 

Although the card is detected as a Montage Technology M88RS6000, I cannot find any channels in the TVHeadend docker (although the card works perfectly in a Windows VM).  As such, I wondered if someone might have had success with this card before and could point me in the direction of a solution?  Unfortunately judging from the forum posts I've read, I fear that is unlikely so failing that, could someone point me in the direction of cheap DVB-S/S2 card (ideally with 2 inputs if possible) that is know to work with unRIAD and TVHeadend please?

 

Many thanks in advance and a big thank you to everyone who puts their time and effort into unRAID DVB. 

 

All the best

Edited by Pendy

6 minutes ago, Pendy said:

Hello All,

 

I'm really hoping someone might be able to assist with regards to the Hauppage WinTV-Starburst 2 (PCIe, DVB-S / S2) Model 150300 (or 150310), that I purchased recently.  After reading that this card was supported in Linux, I didn't think it would be too hard to get it up and running in unRAID, but unfortunately I didn't appreciate what a minefield DVB cards could be. 

 

Although the card is detected as a Montage Technology M88RS6000, I cannot find any channels in the TVHeadend docker (although the card works perfectly in a Windows VM).  As such, I wondered if someone might have had success with this card before?  Unfortunately judging from the forum posts I've read, I fear that is unlikely so failing that, could someone point me in the direction of cheap DVB-S/S2 card (ideally with 2 inputs if possible) that is know to work with unRIAD and TVHeadend please?

 

Many thanks in advance and a big thank you to everyone who puts their time and effort into unRAID DVB. 

 

All the best

 

Post your docker run command for TVHeadend,  Link on how to do so is in my signature.

 

Also you haven't said which DVB build you're using.  A screenshot of the DVB settings page might be useful too.

Edited by CHBMB

On 5/8/2018 at 9:18 PM, CHBMB said:

 

Post your docker run command for TVHeadend,  Link on how to do so is in my signature.

 

Also you haven't said which DVB build you're using.  A screenshot of the DVB settings page might be useful too.

 

Good Evening CHBMB,

 

Thank you for your fast message and apologies for my delayed response. 

 

I've tried all of the different DVB builds with the both the TBS CrazyCat and TBS Opensource builds finding the card as noted above. 

 

With the TBS CrazyCat 6.5.1 build, the system suffers instability, freezing/locking when searching for Channels in TVHeadend after first install (although it does register a SNR and Signal Strength reading), as well as other docker contains and unRAID having issues and ultimately leaving no other recourse than forcing an unexpected reboot.   The TVHeadend docker then doesn't show in the GUI, or Terminal.  Reinstalling (albeit probably making the situation worse) yields the docker run command illustrated below and populates TVHeadend back into the GUI.

 

With the TBS Opensource build, the TVHeadend scan completes to 100% in a fraction of a second (with no SNR or Signal Strength), leading me to believe that the card is not really being connected with. 

 

Docker Run Command: 

image.thumb.png.139ce1569d447086741b743f004e6b80.png

 

DVB Settings Page:

image.thumb.png.b56642544359534b9c18525439ccf986.png

 

Hopefully I've missed something obvious and it's an easy fix, but it's not a happy chappy at the minute unfortunately.

 

Thanks again for your time,

 

 

Edited by Pendy

I've been running this plugin with tvheadend and digital devices quad tuner for quite a long time without any problems. (unraid stable 6.3.5 ,6.4.0,6.4.1), using tvheadend docker.

Are there any chances to have an unraid  6.5.1 image with Digital Devices (Github version)  driver?

I also tried the libreelec 6.5.1 drivers, but those drivers detect only 2 of my 4 tuners.

 

No, sorry, I've stopped doing them as the drivers are now upstream.

Another user had some issues and I asked for them to post some bug reports and logs but they never materialised.

I believe their issues were resolved in the latest builds but they never reported back either.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:28 PM, Pendy said:

 

Good Evening CHBMB,

 

Thank you for your fast message and apologies for my delayed response. 

 

I've tried all of the different DVB builds with the both the TBS CrazyCat and TBS Opensource builds finding the card as noted above. 

 

With the TBS CrazyCat 6.5.1 build, the system suffers instability, freezing/locking when searching for Channels in TVHeadend after first install (although it does register a SNR and Signal Strength reading), as well as other docker contains and unRAID having issues and ultimately leaving no other recourse than forcing an unexpected reboot.   The TVHeadend docker then doesn't show in the GUI, or Terminal.  Reinstalling (albeit probably making the situation worse) yields the docker run command illustrated below and populates TVHeadend back into the GUI.

 

With the TBS Opensource build, the TVHeadend scan completes to 100% in a fraction of a second (with no SNR or Signal Strength), leading me to believe that the card is not really being connected with. 

 

Docker Run Command: 

image.thumb.png.139ce1569d447086741b743f004e6b80.png

 

DVB Settings Page:

image.thumb.png.b56642544359534b9c18525439ccf986.png

 

Hopefully I've missed something obvious and it's an easy fix, but it's not a happy chappy at the minute unfortunately.

 

Thanks again for your time,

 

 

 

Have you tried the LibreELEC build?  That one would seem to me to be the most suitable one to be honest.

 

Is this your card?

https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-5525

Edited by CHBMB

21 hours ago, CHBMB said:

No, sorry, I've stopped doing them as the drivers are now upstream.

Another user had some issues and I asked for them to post some bug reports and logs but they never materialised.

I believe their issues were resolved in the latest builds but they never reported back either.
 

Thanks for the prompt info. I have two server installations of Unraid with digital devices tuners.

First one is: Quad Digital Devices DVB-C/T tuner + HD Homerun.

Second one is: 2 x Dual DVB-C/T tuner.

I will check if the 2 x Dual works with the latest LibreElec, and report back. 

I believe the problem is the driver for quad Tuner, because only two tuners are detected, and that's something that Digital Devices should fix, not you.

 

Edited by milanp

Might be an idea to get as much info as possible and liase with digital devices, since I started doing these DVB builds I have asked for someone who uses the builds to actually help when issues arrive but nobody has really stepped up and done so, hence I've become rather apathetic about them as I don't use them myself, having never owned a digital devices card.

Thanks for the prompt info. I have two server installations of Unraid with digital devices tuners.
First one is: Quad Digital Devices DVB-C/T tuner + HD Homerun.
Second one is: 2 x Dual DVB-C/T tuner.
I will check if the 2 x Dual works with the latest LibreElec, and report back. 
I believe the problem is the driver for quad Tuner, because only two tuners are detected, and that's something that Digital Devices should fix, not you.
 
Also can you post the exact model numbers of your tuners please.

Card

4 minutes ago, CHBMB said:
8 minutes ago, milanp said:
Thanks for the prompt info. I have two server installations of Unraid with digital devices tuners.
First one is: Quad Digital Devices DVB-C/T tuner + HD Homerun.
Second one is: 2 x Dual DVB-C/T tuner.
I will check if the 2 x Dual works with the latest LibreElec, and report back. 
I believe the problem is the driver for quad Tuner, because only two tuners are detected, and that's something that Digital Devices should fix, not you.
 

Also can you post the exact model numbers of your tuners please.

These are the cards that I use:

1. Quad tuner with dual CI: DD-DuoCT+OctTW Digital Devices DuoFlex CT (x2) + Octopus CI Twin - reported by your plugin as:     STV0367 DVB-C DVB-T (DVB adapters 0-3), 

Last working version Unraid 6.5.0 , Unraid with libreelec 6.5.1 drivers detect only 2 tuners which work.

I don't use the CI module slots.....

 

2.  Dual tuner x2 : DD-CineCTV6  - I don't have access to this system at the moment.

Currently using Unraid 6.3.5


 

They should all be supported by the current LibreELEC build.

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

They should all be supported by the current LibreELEC build.

You are right, the quad tuner works.

One small trick is required:

- If I reboot the system after installation, only two tuners were reported.

- If I powerdown the system after installation,and turn it on, all 4 tuners are reported.

Tried the same procedure twice, with same results.

Conclusion:

Instead of rebooting the server, it's better to shut it down, then power it up.

Could be my HP-Z620 that need complete shutdown, but I am on Unraid 6.5.1 stable and very happy that libreelec drivers support my tuners.

Thanks a lot.

You are right, the quad tuner works.
One small trick is required:
- If I reboot the system after installation, only two tuners were reported.
- If I powerdown the system after installation,and turn it on, all 4 tuners are reported.
Tried the same procedure twice, with same results.
Conclusion:
Instead of rebooting the server, it's better to shut it down, then power it up.
Could be my HP-Z620 that need complete shutdown, but I am on Unraid 6.5.1 stable and very happy that libreelec drivers support my tuners.
Thanks a lot.
That's interesting, might want to report that to DD, sounds like the devices aren't getting correctly reset at reboot and need a complete power cut.
11 hours ago, CHBMB said:
11 hours ago, milanp said:
You are right, the quad tuner works.
One small trick is required:
- If I reboot the system after installation, only two tuners were reported.
- If I powerdown the system after installation,and turn it on, all 4 tuners are reported.
Tried the same procedure twice, with same results.
Conclusion:
Instead of rebooting the server, it's better to shut it down, then power it up.
Could be my HP-Z620 that need complete shutdown, but I am on Unraid 6.5.1 stable and very happy that libreelec drivers support my tuners.
Thanks a lot.

That's interesting, might want to report that to DD, sounds like the devices aren't getting correctly reset at reboot and need a complete power cut.

Spoke too soon, the tuner cards are detected(4 DVB-T+4 DVB-C) , but will not tune any DVB-C channels.

I thought that the drivers worked, but it was my trusty HDHomeRun 4DC that was streaming.

I give up, this is the main system that I use all the time and wife and children complain when tv is not working.

Went back to Unraid 6.5 where everything works.

34 minutes ago, milanp said:

Spoke too soon, the tuner cards are detected(4 DVB-T+4 DVB-C) , but will not tune any DVB-C channels.

I thought that the drivers worked, but it was my trusty HDHomeRun 4DC that was streaming.

I give up, this is the main system that I use all the time and wife and children complain when tv is not working.

Went back to Unraid 6.5 where everything works.

 

If you want it fixed, you need to report this to digital devices so they can fix it. If they don't get any bug reports, they don't know that it's not working as it should. 

2 hours ago, saarg said:

 

If you want it fixed, you need to report this to digital devices so they can fix it. If they don't get any bug reports, they don't know that it's not working as it should. 

Will do so...

5 minutes ago, milanp said:

Will do so...

 

I'd appreciate it if someone does.  I just install the drivers in Unraid for people to use, I really have no control over whether they work or not.  Unless people report broken stuff to the manufacturers, then stuff will stay broken.

9 hours ago, CHBMB said:

 

I'd appreciate it if someone does.  I just install the drivers in Unraid for people to use, I really have no control over whether they work or not.  Unless people report broken stuff to the manufacturers, then stuff will stay broken.

Opened a ticket at Digital Devices:

Case Tracking ID: PQB-Q98-951V

Lets see if they care about linux at all. 

It's a pity that Digital Devices cards once configured, run perfectly, but I had a long frustrating period with them when I was running them on Ubuntu.

 

Hi

 

First of all, great plugin. Been using it for months, never had a single problem.

 

With 6.5.2 version, i'm getting errors related to my tuner (DVBSky T330).

 

May 17 18:03:35 NAS kernel: si2157 6-0060: found a 'Silicon Labs Si2157-A30'
May 17 18:03:35 NAS kernel: si2157 6-0060: firmware version: 3.0.5
May 17 18:03:35 NAS kernel: usb 1-2: DVB: adapter 0 frontend 0 frequency 0 out of range (42000000..870000000)
May 17 18:03:35 NAS kernel: si2168 5-0064: Direct firmware load for dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw failed with error -2
May 17 18:03:35 NAS kernel: si2168 5-0064: Direct firmware load for dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw failed with error -2
May 17 18:03:35 NAS kernel: si2168 5-0064: firmware file 'dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw' not found

 

lsusb: Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0572:0320 Conexant Systems (Rockwell), Inc. DVBSky T330 DVB-T2/C tuner

 

unRAID Version: 6.5.2
Linux Kernel Version: 4.14.40
DVB Version: LibreELEC
Driver Version: 1.22
DVB Kernel: Detected
DVB Adapter Drivers: Detected
DVB Adapter 0: Silicon Labs Si2168

 

The "/lib/firmware/" is read-only, so I tried to copy the fw file using the go script.

 

I copied the fw file to /boot/firmware/ and added to the script:

 

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

#copy dvb fw

echo "Copy fw" | logger

cp /boot/firmware/*fw /lib/firmware/

 

 

May 17 20:32:24 NAS root: plugin: installed
May 17 20:32:24 NAS root: Starting go script
May 17 20:32:24 NAS root: Copy fw
May 17 20:32:24 NAS root: Starting emhttpd


But i cant find the 'dvb-demod-si2168-02.fw' on the /lib/firmware folder :(

 

Any ideas?

 

 

Edited by du.perin
add lsusb info / go script

Hi, CHBMB

 

Can you think of any reason why LE 6.5.2-rc2 works on my Hauppauge 950q, but 6.5.2 doesn't?  With 6.5.2, the driver is loaded, the adapter is detected, but I get no signal when trying to tune a channel. Only thing I see is that the filesize of bzfirmware is 11M with 6.5.2-rc2 and 4.5M with 6.5.2.

 

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.